Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Apple iPad Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Apple iPad Thread

Old 29-05-2010, 23:31   #106
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
re: The Apple iPad Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I recommend none of you try out an iPad as it only increases the gadget lust
I had a play with one in PCWorld yesterday.

Absolutely lovely bit of kit. I want one

I refuse to get one, though, as I think it's too expensive for what it is, plus I don't have any actual *need* for one. Home: I have a PC. Out: I have an iPhone.

It is nice though... I asked Mrs D to be my Voice of Reason a while back for this, so that whenever I sound like I'm edging towards the iPad, she'll tell me in no uncertain terms that I do not need one & am not going to get one.

I'll settle for iPhone 4 next month...
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-05-2010, 23:49   #107
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

AC7 tactile control surface for Logic Studio. OK you can get it for iPhone/Touch but it's not really usable on that little screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CML2C2xGUY

I am there!
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:15   #108
Bulky
Inactive

Bulky has reached the bronze age

so has anyone on here actually got one ? , if so what do you think ?. My parents are in the States at the moment and i am wondering whether to invest
Old 02-06-2010, 10:20   #109
zing_deleted

well if they can buy one and not have to pay any import duties on it then its much better value
Old 02-06-2010, 11:58   #110
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I had a play with one in an Apple store last week. Its really nice and I do really want one, although don't really need it as I have a netbook and laptop already.

Its honestly like a big ipod touch with a few extra feautures.
Old 02-06-2010, 17:55   #111
Bulky
Inactive

i have also had a quick play with one in the apple store and loved it , i don't have a netbook and generally all i do is surf the net and e-mail , flash not being supported is very annoying though , wish they would change their minds over this .
Old 02-06-2010, 19:31   #112
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I had a play with one in an Apple store last week. Its really nice and I do really want one, although don't really need it as I have a netbook and laptop already.

Its honestly like a big ipod touch with a few extra feautures.
It is a big iPod touch but all the better for it. There is something fundamentally different which that experience on a larger screen
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 19:48   #113
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post
well if they can buy one and not have to pay any import duties on it then its much better value
Yup, definitely cheaper to buy in the US. Bringing one home unboxed may be a way of avoiding Import VAT.
Old 02-06-2010, 20:00   #114
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulky View Post
so has anyone on here actually got one ? , if so what do you think ?
Amazing. Completely amazing.

Superb for web surfing and reading books is a total joy.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 20:45   #115
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek S View Post

Grrrr. Beset by Jealousy

I used one in the Apple Store and surfing the web on it felt amazing, it felt like this is the way the web should be viewed.
Old 02-06-2010, 20:51   #116
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I used one in the Apple Store and surfing the web on it felt amazing, it felt like this is the way the web should be viewed.
Lying in bed tapping away on the web or watching a movie is immense.

(Apologies if the thought of me lying almost naked in bed made anyone throw up a little in their mouth)
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 20:52   #117
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Quote:

(Apologies if the thought of me lying almost naked in bed made anyone throw up a little in their mouth)
Hey just because it doesn't support flash, doesn't mean to say that you can!
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 20:55   #118
Bulky
Inactive

Quote:

are you using ibooks or the kindle app ? , have told my dad to bring me one back from the U.S so only three weeks to wait !!! , whats the movie playback like ? , have you had it crash at all ?

edit : have you got a case for it ? ... any good ?
Old 02-06-2010, 20:56   #119
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:

Have you tried the The Times app? What about the choice on the iBook store?
Old 02-06-2010, 20:58   #120
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

From what I saw of the iBook store while having a play last week, it's pretty overpriced