Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. III

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. III
Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 17:58   #856
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
They haven't got as firm launch date, so would it be better to lie to customers and give a false date? They have said they are coming soon in a press release.

Customers are kept updated via My Virgin Media and through emails, mailshots (most throw in the bin and then say "you didn't tell me about xyz")
It's funny how in the same time sky have rebranded Virgin one and added Living HD on the Sky Platform. Aside from the sky basic channels were the sky on demand content that was part of the agreement.
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2010, 17:59   #857
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
It's funny how in the same time sky have rebranded Virgin one and added Living HD on the Sky Platform. Aside from the sky basic channels were the sky on demand content that was part of the agreement.
and Virgin Media launched Sky Sports HD and Sky Movies HD
Old 03-09-2010, 18:00   #858
daveetwo
Inactive

daveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nice

Quote:
No firm date has been set, yet. If they had one, then they'd tell everyone...so they aren't keeping anyone in the dark. These things can sometimes be more complicated than you think
Why dont they try and explain the complications so that we understand better why they dont give out some estimated advance info?

When i asked them by calling the hq people i was told it was a marketing decision and confidential. This was AFTER a press release.
They just couldnt see my point that if they can announce something to the press why not tell customers.
Old 03-09-2010, 18:01   #859
gadge
Inactive

Services: Sky+ Hd Multiroom,Unlimited Broadband,Unlimited Phone,WD Tv
gadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
No firm date has been set, yet. If they had one, then they'd tell everyone...so they aren't keeping anyone in the dark. These things can sometimes be more complicated than you think
Thanks i just don't understand the complicated bit what is there to be complicated they sold the channels to sky for whatever the price was and got the sky hd basics in return and a 9 year deal deal done.Unless its bandwith issues which i thought had been sorted now.I am not too fussed when they arrive im just a bit intrigued to why the delay.
Old 03-09-2010, 18:03   #860
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveetwo View Post
Why dont they try and explain the complications so that we understand better why they dont give out some estimated advance info?

When i asked them by calling the hq people i was told it was a marketing decision and confidential. This was AFTER a press release.
They just couldnt see my point that if they can announce something to the press why not tell customers.
They have good reason, I'm sure.
Old 03-09-2010, 18:05   #861
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
and Virgin Media launched Sky Sports HD and Sky Movies HD
lol so its all about money
Old 03-09-2010, 18:05   #862
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Could it be a capacity issue or maybe Virgin are waiting to launch other channels at same time or possibly trying to get Sky Sports news HD as well.
Old 03-09-2010, 18:09   #863
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadge View Post
Thanks i just don't understand the complicated bit what is there to be complicated they sold the channels to sky for whatever the price was and got the sky hd basics in return and a 9 year deal deal done.Unless its bandwith issues which i thought had been sorted now.I am not too fussed when they arrive im just a bit intrigued to why the delay.
Some things take time to sort out.... remember ESPN? People were moaning that VM didn't announce anything after Sky jumped in and announced a carriage deal.. while they were locked in talks to bring XL customers a great inclusive deal.

Somethings are worth waiting for.... patience really is a virtue

---------- Post added at 18:09 ---------- Previous post was at 18:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Could it be a capacity issue or maybe Virgin are waiting to launch other channels at same time or possibly trying to get Sky Sports news HD as well.
no, not as far as I'm aware. We have plenty of capacity now.
Old 03-09-2010, 18:12   #864
mattboothers
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media V+ & tivo (XL TV) - Freesat+ (Humax Foxsat HDR) - 20mb BB - M Phone
mattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to all

Quote:
Some things take time to sort out.... remember ESPN? People were moaning that VM didn't announce anything after Sky jumped in and announced a carriage deal.. while they were locked in talks to bring XL customers a great inclusive deal.

So Why Dont They Use It!
Old 03-09-2010, 18:15   #865
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb00thers View Post
So Why Dont They Use It!
Eh?
Old 03-09-2010, 18:16   #866
gadge
Inactive

Services: Sky+ Hd Multiroom,Unlimited Broadband,Unlimited Phone,WD Tv
gadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpack

Quote:

You are a tease

Thats what my missus says to me.
Old 03-09-2010, 18:18   #867
mattboothers
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media V+ & tivo (XL TV) - Freesat+ (Humax Foxsat HDR) - 20mb BB - M Phone
mattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to all

And regarding the music on demand service being an ideal replacment for music channels.

Music On Demand NOW shows ads after the 4th video you play in a row. Turning into a channel itself

---------- Post added at 18:18 ---------- Previous post was at 18:17 ----------

Quote:
Eh?
Sorry just cracked up
Old 03-09-2010, 18:19   #868
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadge View Post

You are a tease
ha ha

I know it seems like you are waiting for ever... I'm not very good at waiting either

I'm sure we'll know pretty soon now

---------- Post added at 18:19 ---------- Previous post was at 18:18 ----------

Quote:
And regarding the music on demand service being an ideal replacment for music channels.

Music On Demand NOW shows ads after the 4th video you play in a row. Turning into a channel itself

---------- Post added at 18:18 ---------- Previous post was at 18:17 ----------

Sorry just cracked up
That's ok
Old 03-09-2010, 18:20   #869
JoshC
Inactive

Services: VIP50 with Tivo :-)
JoshC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
So Why Dont They Use It!
Quote:

Quote:
Eh?
He is referring to the end of your post, "We have plenty of capacity now."

After thinking about it, I don't see what the fuss is about. Sky One has hardly anything decent on it anymore. Other than say Bones and Lie to me. I for one really don't care about the likes of Pineapple dance studios and must be the music being in HD.

If anything I am more looking forward to HD news.
Old 03-09-2010, 18:31   #870
mattboothers
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
He is referring to the end of your post, "We have plenty of capacity now."

After thinking about it, I don't see what the fuss is about. Sky One has hardly anything decent on it anymore. Other than say Bones and Lie to me. I for one really don't care about the likes of Pineapple dance studios and must be the music being in HD.

If anything I am more looking forward to HD news.
Thats your opinion - I would rather have Sky 1 HD than Sky Snooze HD - MY OPINION!
Closed Thread