Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 23:23   #706
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by on in an hour! View Post
now, as in standard def??? granted HD is far superior to scart broadcast,but be honest,you cant say standard def is all that bad (compared to RF with all the snow and ****!!) should we all not be thankful for what little we receive (now who said that first )
Was it Homer Simpson? Do I get a prize?
Advertisement
Old 07-11-2008, 23:38   #707
demented
Inactive

Services: 4Mbs, V+, XLtv + premium channels.
demented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by on in an hour! View Post
now, as in standard def??? granted HD is far superior to scart broadcast,but be honest,you cant say standard def is all that bad (compared to RF with all the snow and ****!!) should we all not be thankful for what little we receive (now who said that first )
I'm one of the biggest fans of the V+'s upscaling capabilities. If other people aren't bothered that's fine, they can watch the SD versions or even not have a HD capable box and stick with the v-box if they think it is not that bad. I'm not wishing to get into a DS style argument like on the other thread about viewing distances. I can see HD and I think it's fab. It is 2008, a considerable time has passed since hd was launched in the UK. I do not think it unreasonable to expect more than a channel that runs for about 5hrs a day and a bit longer at weekends and keeps on repeating the same stuff. If SD "wasn't that bad" I'd watch setanta sports a lot more than I do. On the basics Sky1 HD has had some interesting stuff like The Colour of Magic.
Old 07-11-2008, 23:47   #708
Turkey Machine
Inactive

Services: Company LLU internet, soon-to-be company FTTC internet at 56Mb/20Mb!
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze age
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze age

Virgin put a small note in the top corner of Star Trek: Voyager this evening, stating that Virgin 1 will move on Tuesday.
Old 08-11-2008, 19:36   #709
JMcB
cf.geek

Services: 2x 306Tivo Full TV with Movies & Sport 1000Mb BB Land Line Mobile Phone x2 (Sim Only)
JMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to JMcB

Will we get a Sky1 ondemand with the new deal?
Old 08-11-2008, 19:41   #710
JayJay
Inactive

Services: TiVo, V+, XXL BB, XL TV, XL Telco 3x Cisco HD
JayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to behold

Very Unlikely
Old 09-11-2008, 20:11   #711
m.massey
Inactive

Services: (Ex birm cable & telewest,size XL , got bt.internet broadband.
m.massey is a jewel in the roughm.massey is a jewel in the roughm.massey is a jewel in the roughm.massey is a jewel in the roughm.massey is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to m.massey

Hi All. is there any news on itv on demand & 5 on demand coming to vigin & new sky back will we ever get the red button for sky sports , news and so on and will sci-fi 2 , tcm 2 true movie 2 .
Old 09-11-2008, 20:17   #712
raefil
cf.addict

raefil is an unknown quantity at this point

no................................................ .....
Old 10-11-2008, 13:54   #713
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Nat Geo Wild is having an freeview until December 10th on Virgin Channel 228.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 10-11-2008, 16:46   #714
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

List has now been update - see post one

Next update will be on Thursday afternoon.
Old 10-11-2008, 20:07   #715
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

I have been told Virgin Media have two plans for Sky Basic:

They are
A: Move Virgin1 on Tuesday or Wednesday and add all nine Sky Basic with an on-screen sign saying that ''This Channel will start broadcasting at midnight'' then they start broadcasting at midnight - just like Sky axe them at midnight in 2007.

B: Wait until Thursday and move Virgin1 and add Sky Basic by 8am.
Old 10-11-2008, 20:08   #716
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Probally find it a mixture of both
Old 10-11-2008, 20:30   #717
one2escape
Inactive

one2escape is an unknown quantity at this point

Seems to me they are being to accommodating why are they moving virgin 1
Old 10-11-2008, 20:34   #718
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by one2escape View Post
Seems to me they are being to accommodating why are they moving virgin 1
The Bosses of Virgin Media wants Virgin1 to appear on the Virgin EPG before Sky1.

But saying that Virgin has an good idea I mean:
121 - Sky1
122 - Sky2
123 - Sky3
Old 10-11-2008, 23:16   #719
Turkey Machine
Inactive

Services: Company LLU internet, soon-to-be company FTTC internet at 56Mb/20Mb!
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze age
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze age

Did I mention that Virgin have said that Virgin 1 is moving tomorrow? They announced it with a thing by their logo during an episode of Voyager a few nights ago.
Old 11-11-2008, 00:24   #720
buba3d
cf.geek

Services: XL 2x v+, 1 stb, 50mb, phone
buba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of lightbuba3d is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to buba3d Send a message via Yahoo to buba3d

A friend of mine from my WOW days who's also works for ntl/virgin, he told me that virgin is moving channels tuesday midnight and the sky channels should start to appear through ex ntl and then ex tw in time for thursday
Closed Thread