Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | belkin preN router.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

belkin preN router.

Old 15-03-2006, 22:49   #1
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze age
dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age
belkin preN router.

I live at home with parents at the moment and my dad has a belkin preN router setup to share his 2mbit broadband connection.

The problem i seem to be getting is as follows.

If i specify a NTL proxy in my browsers config i can browse just fine everything happy.

If i DON'T specify a proxy its usally fine however sometimes i cannot browse at all, Now at first i thought it was an ntl proxy issue but now im not so sure as a reboot of the router does seem to solve it for a while!

I use firefox as my browser and tend to use the tab browsing quite a lot.

As far as i know the router has the latest firmware but i don't have the login to check the settings.

has anyone experianced the simular behavour to this because im really confused as to why it does this.

its as if the router is losing its ablity to send requests to the NTL proxy unless it gets told which one to send the request to.

btw im using asfd-cache-2 atm because it happened to be one i could remember the address of when i put it into my firefox config.

ive tryed specifying the DNS servers to NTLS servers in my pcs networking config as the router gave its own ip to the pc's as the dns address...

also when this occurs its not just my pc that cant browse without specifying the proxy its all of them on the lan although i think i was able to browse on my mac mini without specifying the proxy when this occurs (but i cant remember for sure)
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement