Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)
Closed Thread

Old 30-04-2009, 19:43   #841
braysoj1
cf.geek

Services: virgin media xl , freeview, sky
braysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to all
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

there a few hd programs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2009-04-30-67338.jpg (124.5 KB, 125 views)
Advertisement
Old 30-04-2009, 20:32   #842
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
IF VM want to bring in HD channels, but can't as they claim there is no room, to add these channels, what is the damn point of bringing in +1 channels, that are just repeats of the main channel, it's pointless.
No, it's not pointless. Only the other day I had a clash of programmes at 10pm. I wanted the News, Flashpoint and Sarah Connor Chronicles. By switching Sarah to Virgin 1+1 I was able to record all 3 programmes on my V+ box.

You really shouldn't get so annoyed. The +1 channels are not preventing other channels from appearing on the EPG.
Old 30-04-2009, 23:42   #843
sammyjayuk
Inactive

Services: M TV (SA V+), XXL BB, M phone, Pace Sky+HD (HD, Variety, Movies) & O2 iPhone 3G 35
sammyjayuk is just really nicesammyjayuk is just really nicesammyjayuk is just really nicesammyjayuk is just really nicesammyjayuk is just really nicesammyjayuk is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You really shouldn't get so annoyed. The +1 channels are not preventing other channels from appearing on the EPG.
It's worth pointing out that, if the platform is currently bandwidth constrained, they could be preventing new channels from appearing altogether.

Sam
Old 30-04-2009, 23:46   #844
Trent
Inactive

Services: M+ TV, L BB, M Phone
Trent will become famous soon enoughTrent will become famous soon enoughTrent will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Trent Send a message via Yahoo to Trent

I dont know if this has been reported anywhere else but just noticed that sky 2 has joined Virgin Media M TV
Old 01-05-2009, 07:25   #845
hodgie99
Inactive

Services: XL TV SKY SPORTS AND MOVIES PREMIUM HD TIVO & V+HD Boxes LBB AND M PHONE
hodgie99 has a spectacular aura about themhodgie99 has a spectacular aura about themhodgie99 has a spectacular aura about themhodgie99 has a spectacular aura about them

got up this morning and v+ box channels gone up to 328 from 327 cant see ne new channels any one shed any light on this is summat testing?
Old 01-05-2009, 12:09   #846
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

If you're an Ex-ntl Viewer:
As far as I know Virgin has signed an deal with the Beeb to carry BBC Alba as well as the missing BBC Channels that are not on Ex-Telewest areas.

If you're an Ex-Telewest Viewer:
I think Virgin are testing History + 1 for launch in Ex-Telewest areas.

---------- Post added at 12:09 ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 ----------

HD Channels on Virgin Media update:

At todays press launch of BBC iPlayer HD Virgin Media executive director of content acquisition Katharine Burns Rivington told the press:

Quote:
"BBC iPlayer has been a huge success on our TV platform and we're thrilled to be expanding the service with HD content. We're looking forward to increasing our line-up of broadcast HD channels over the next few months and combining the very best of HD and on demand TV."
http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/2...r_goes_hd.html
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 01-05-2009, 12:47   #847
naeskydish
Inactive

Services: Tivo , V+ hd , TV XL broadband XXL
naeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nice

From MEDIA bOY'S Link
  1. BBC controller of TV platforms Rahul Chakkara said: "There's a real appetite for BBC iPlayer on TV screens and the addition of the BBC HD programmes further adds to its appeal

That's good news , the number of times my Virgin + box fills up through recording HD programmes to watch later. So wait & see what the HD channls will be over the next few months.
Old 01-05-2009, 13:50   #848
virginruinedntl
Inactive

virginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of light

i guess you can remove the info about itvhd and channel4 hd launching today then as thats obviously not going to happen
Old 01-05-2009, 14:59   #849
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginruinedntl View Post
i guess you can remove the info about itvhd and channel4 hd launching today then as thats obviously not going to happen
Done it - see post one.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 01-05-2009, 19:28   #850
Turkey Machine
Inactive

Services: Company LLU internet, soon-to-be company FTTC internet at 56Mb/20Mb!
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze age
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent View Post
I dont know if this has been reported anywhere else but just noticed that sky 2 has joined Virgin Media M TV
It has not - my M STB is still listing Sky 2 as unwatchable on my package.
Old 01-05-2009, 20:14   #851
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

I think it's been added to the old Starter and Select packs rather than M. Could you be on one of these, Trent?
Old 03-05-2009, 11:44   #852
virginruinedntl
Inactive

virginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of light

its a shame Sky Box Office Sports HD isnt on virgin, would like to have watched hatton fight in hd, wwe ppv's air on that channel too. Suprised they dont have it already, would bring sky alot of ££ from those £14.72 PPV buys.
Old 03-05-2009, 14:05   #853
Turkey Machine
Inactive

Services: Company LLU internet, soon-to-be company FTTC internet at 56Mb/20Mb!
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze age
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginruinedntl View Post
its a shame Sky Box Office Sports HD isnt on virgin, would like to have watched hatton fight in hd, wwe ppv's air on that channel too. Suprised they dont have it already, would bring sky alot of ££ from those £14.72 PPV buys.
Unlikely as it'd be more for those "free" thieves with illegal STBs. It's more difficult to crack it on Sky boxes, hence why Sky wouldn't be willing to let Virgin broadcast it on their network.
Old 03-05-2009, 17:37   #854
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyjayuk View Post
It's worth pointing out that, if the platform is currently bandwidth constrained, they could be preventing new channels from appearing altogether.

Sam
You are right, but 'if' is the appropriate word. We were told a while ago that there were bandwidth constraints, then suddenly we were told that more capacity had been added to the system and we could get up to 30 new channels. (Only some of these have appeared).

We know that VM are negotiating contracts for a number of new HD channels, which should come to us within a few months. If they were that bandwidth constrained, they wouldn't be able to do this.

I think the bandwidth argument is not one we need to worry about, and with the forthcoming analogue switchoff, if it is a problem at all it will soon go away. New contracts for new channels means more expenditure for VM, and this is the more likely explanation for the lack of channels.
Old 03-05-2009, 20:37   #855
sammyjayuk
Inactive

Services: M TV (SA V+), XXL BB, M phone, Pace Sky+HD (HD, Variety, Movies) & O2 iPhone 3G 35
sammyjayuk is just really nicesammyjayuk is just really nicesammyjayuk is just really nicesammyjayuk is just really nicesammyjayuk is just really nicesammyjayuk is just really nice

Quote:
You are right, but 'if' is the appropriate word.
Indeed, which is why I used it . However, I am unable to see any other reason for Channel 4 HD's continued absence...

Quote:
We know that VM are negotiating contracts for a number of new HD channels, which should come to us within a few months. If they were that bandwidth constrained, they wouldn't be able to do this.
Have we already forgotten what was said last December? Or that VM have already announced (back in 2007, no less!) that they have the right to carry Channel 4 HD, linear and VOD?

What shocks me is that we have been having these sorts of discussions ever since I joined this board, and in that time I've seen very little to indicate that VM are serious about HD.

Sam
Closed Thread