Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Camera for vlogging

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Mobile phone

Old 31-01-2016, 11:37   #1
banjo
Inactive

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of
Mobile phone

I would like to purchase a mobile phone that has a high audio output, could someone please help , thank you
banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-01-2016, 16:10   #2
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Mobile phone

High volume or high quality? For the former choose one with bluetooth and buy an external bluetooth speaker/headphones perhaps?
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 10:34   #3
banjo
Inactive

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
High volume or high quality? For the former choose one with bluetooth and buy an external bluetooth speaker/headphones perhaps?
Thank you for your reply, I need high audio as my hearing is a little dodgy so it would be for speech not music.
Old 01-02-2016, 16:11   #4
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Have you tried using a phone on speakerphone setting? It really helps me in noisy environments (I suffer from loud tinnitus and a big loss at the top end of the spectrum).
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 17:27   #5
banjo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Have you tried using a phone on speakerphone setting? It really helps me in noisy environments (I suffer from loud tinnitus and a big loss at the top end of the spectrum).
I too suffer from tinnitus 247 I will look for the speaker phone setting, thank you.
Old 01-02-2016, 20:13   #6
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo View Post
I too suffer from tinnitus 247 I will look for the speaker phone setting, thank you.
I too suffered from Tinnitus, My doctor dismissed it saying nothing can be done and I should just live with it, but I finally saw a consultant privately and he did some tests and my hear was poor, he referred me to the hospital Audiology who fitted me with NHS hearing aids and now I do not have a problem with Tinnitus.

Ken
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 23:12   #7
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Any of the modern HTC devices that comes with dual speakers at the front would work sufficient when set on speaker. The M8 is surprisingly loud.

Not sure if you're after a smartphone or any old phone. I'm sure there's a lot cheaper that'll do what you need if you're just after a simple phone. Lastly, if you wish, have a shop around for Amplified devices, there's actually mobiles made for people like yourself

Amplified example - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Geemarc-CL83...plified+mobile

I can't recommend any at all naturally.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:09   #8
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

I'm not quite sure what the question is myself. As Taf pointed out, high volume or high quality is good question but if like myself it doesn't apply.

I find when I go to the cinema and watch an IMAX film for example it is way too loud but I can not understand anything that is said. At home I have to rely on subtitles on TV regardless of the volume. I can not understand certain people who talk to me face to face no matter how loud and clear they talk. I can not hear smoke alarms or other certain alarms either. Yet I can hear other things even at low volume quite clearly, meaning volume isn't always and often not the problem.

I also have really bad tinnitus which doesn't help, more often it is louder than all the other sounds around me which causes huge problems for me.

Ken W was spot on, see your GP, get yourself referred to ENT and try to get hearing aids. They will not cure but they will help with the tinnitus by making other sounds louder which could mask it somewhat but they will not recover the frequencies lost in your hearing. I wear bilateral hearing aids and would go into a panic quite quickly without them, they are a saviour and godsend in my opinion.

I do not have a problem using a mobile phone (S3) as they do change the frequency of speech so phones have never been an issue for me.

Regarding Tinnitus there things that you can do to help, stopping smoking, do not drink energy drinks, cut down on caffeine etc and avoid as much stress as possible. Get a small Bluetooth speaker (I use an Anker cube - £10) and use a sound app (IOS's sleep pillow) and put in under your pillow at night as and when needed. Do not use headphones (loud music to mask) as when you take them off the tinnitus can end up worse so try and just avoid loud sounds in general.

I hope that helps somewhat.
Old 02-02-2016, 11:27   #9
banjo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Any of the modern HTC devices that comes with dual speakers at the front would work sufficient when set on speaker. The M8 is surprisingly loud.

Not sure if you're after a smartphone or any old phone. I'm sure there's a lot cheaper that'll do what you need if you're just after a simple phone. Lastly, if you wish, have a shop around for Amplified devices, there's actually mobiles made for people like yourself

Amplified example - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Geemarc-CL83...plified+mobile

I can't recommend any at all naturally.
Thank you for your help.

---------- Post added at 11:27 ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
I'm not quite sure what the question is myself. As Taf pointed out, high volume or high quality is good question but if like myself it doesn't apply.

I find when I go to the cinema and watch an IMAX film for example it is way too loud but I can not understand anything that is said. At home I have to rely on subtitles on TV regardless of the volume. I can not understand certain people who talk to me face to face no matter how loud and clear they talk. I can not hear smoke alarms or other certain alarms either. Yet I can hear other things even at low volume quite clearly, meaning volume isn't always and often not the problem.

I also have really bad tinnitus which doesn't help, more often it is louder than all the other sounds around me which causes huge problems for me.

thank you for your help I am very grateful .
Ken W was spot on, see your GP, get yourself referred to ENT and try to get hearing aids. They will not cure but they will help with the tinnitus by making other sounds louder which could mask it somewhat but they will not recover the frequencies lost in your hearing. I wear bilateral hearing aids and would go into a panic quite quickly without them, they are a saviour and godsend in my opinion.

I do not have a problem using a mobile phone (S3) as they do change the frequency of speech so phones have never been an issue for me.

Regarding Tinnitus there things that you can do to help, stopping smoking, do not drink energy drinks, cut down on caffeine etc and avoid as much stress as possible. Get a small Bluetooth speaker (I use an Anker cube - £10) and use a sound app (IOS's sleep pillow) and put in under your pillow at night as and when needed. Do not use headphones (loud music to mask) as when you take them off the tinnitus can end up worse so try and just avoid loud sounds in general.

I hope that helps somewhat.