Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 3

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 3

Old 08-06-2012, 17:09   #781
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Choice View Post
Agreed for now. Tivo doesn't have anything yet, we are still waiting for it. Sky have been smart here getting "off-line" viewing going for people who want to watch "on the go" or in my example, find something to do for a 2 hour train journey which is what I would welcome. Tivo is promising more when it arrives i.e. streaming between multiple TIVOs but we are still waiting despite the code update many months ago, which provided the enabler for this.
You may have got these things quicker if VM/Tivo hadn't spent their time and money working on redundant, out of date, legacy features, such as reminders?

Just my opinion.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2012, 17:10   #782
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

Now that is another issue!

Would prefer smaller feature enhancement updates rather than 1 major update which seems to be the way things are heading.
Perfect Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 17:13   #783
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
You may have got these things quicker if VM/Tivo hadn't spent their time and money working on redundant, out of date, legacy features, such as reminders?

Just my opinion.
Oh dear PB.
Old 08-06-2012, 18:02   #784
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Oh dear PB.
I tried to resist. Honest!
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 18:06   #785
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Sounds perfectly unreasonable to me. Content based only programming needs accurate data and Tivo is still to getting that from its content service provider.

If you want to regard something a reasonable which does not work properly then that is up to you, strange!
99% of my SL's work as expected 99% of the time.

To expect perfection from anything is strange.

---------- Post added at 18:06 ---------- Previous post was at 18:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
I was just having a look at next weeks Eureka and even though it has a generic synopsis its is still tagged with it being Season 5 episode 5 so would still be treated as a new episode.
Fair enough. Didn't look too closely My point still stands, though. Better to record it and not need it than need it and not record it.

---------- Post added at 18:06 ---------- Previous post was at 18:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Quite
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 18:56   #786
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Its on my 'Music On Demand' menu SP.
Typical VM, delivering early
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 18:59   #787
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

One thing sticking up for TiVo though, I have my first WishList set search find a film i wanted to record and set it up in my programme schedule!
Old 08-06-2012, 19:18   #788
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post

To expect perfection from anything is strange.
I'm perfect but very strange
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 19:50   #789
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Old 08-06-2012, 19:53   #790
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
99% of my SL's work as expected 99% of the time.

To expect perfection from anything is strange.[COLOR="Silver"]
Never said perfection, but to put up with an annoying Tivo shortfall is foolish IMHO, you really don't have to feel obliged to defend Tivo in every aspect!

Right now, Tivo is starting to feel "behind the curve" on innovation(see other comments earlier), time to catch up VM or am I starting to talk myself into wanting a Sky+ box!
Old 08-06-2012, 21:54   #791
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Just used new music app, must say I like it so one up for VM then! Now what VM really need to do now is to have a link to buy music online but that would require a browser interface on Tivo!
Old 08-06-2012, 22:10   #792
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Quote:
you really don't have to feel obliged to defend Tivo in every aspect!
So when you said...
Quote:
A real nuisance I have to say and something Tivo and its programme content providers need to eliminate.
And I replied...
Quote:
Oh I agree completely.
How is that "defending Tivo"?

I was merely stating that if you expect perfection, especially in technology, then you are going to be disappointed.

Nowhere did I state that Tivo could not be better.

Quote:
Right now, Tivo is starting to feel "behind the curve" on innovation (see other comments earlier), time to catch up VM or am I starting to talk myself into wanting a Sky+ box!
Well if you want to go back to something as "dumb" as Sky+ or V+ then no-one's stopping you. Personally, I'm happy with my superior, if not perfect, Tivo.
Old 08-06-2012, 22:18   #793
Telly_
Permanently Banned

Telly_ is an unknown quantity at this point

So the TiVo reminders were "coming in the next code drop" back in February its now June have they arrived yet?
Telly_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 22:19   #794
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

No because the next major code drop hasn't happened yet
Old 08-06-2012, 22:44   #795
Telly_
Permanently Banned

Telly_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
No because the next major code drop hasn't happened yet
Oh ok, will it happen before February 2013?
Telly_ is offline   Reply With Quote