Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Major TiVo Update

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Major TiVo Update

Old 11-06-2016, 09:17   #76
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Major TiVo update started about 3:20am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
The knowledgeable SP or Ben would know the answer to that Joe.
It is meant to be fixed, but I'd be interested to hear from users with optical kit in the pilot regions.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2016, 09:50   #77
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
It is meant to be fixed, but I'd be interested to hear from users with optical kit in the pilot regions.
I can confirm that the issue is fixed.
I just remembered about it yesterday and changed to DD. Works just fine.

I had forgotten how good DD5.1 is, while watching Discovery HD, I actually turned around to see what the noise was behind me
jobbie8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 10:14   #78
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Many Thanks guys, that's great news. Looking forward to this update now, hopefully not too long to wait until it's fully rolled out
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 15:41   #79
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Updates don't happen during the day if the box is contactable overnight. Teesside updates were done between 2am and 6am on Tuesday and Thursday. Did you have your box turned off, Gavin?
Sorry for the late reply yes It was switched off
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 09:54   #80
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobbie8 View Post
I use Spotify daily, my main Tivo is connected to my amp so I can listen to the music nice and loud, not on a laptop or mobile.

I have had Spotify since it launched on Tivo, so 5 years is a long time to use a service for it to be discontinued without any warning. Totally wrong in my opinion.

The updates for Tivo always take alot of time to write as we all know. I'm aware that the software is a UK version of the US version, so has Spotify been removed from US Tivo? I can't seem to find anything about that.

I just can't believe Spotify or Virgin would let this happen, regardless of how many people use the app. there was plenty of time to sort something out. Spotify don't seem to have a problem creating apps for other services.

So much was made of Spotify launching on Tivo too. I does seem like a major step backwards. Prices go up and services keep getting removed, Music OnDemand, VM Cloud app, things I used as a customer.

I know a company can't please everyone, but they have now lost my custom as a TV customer after 18 years. I'm another 'number' to add to the list of people ditching the TV side of Virgin Media.
I bought into Sonos and using my music streaming services send it around the house , excellent quality to.
Quote:
Personally l detest Vevo as its full of newer music and nothing from my day.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 10:17   #81
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I bought into Sonos and using my music streaming services send it around the house , excellent quality to.

A wise man once said you only gain wisdom when you reach 100 so l have got a few years left yet then...
Old 12-06-2016, 10:40   #82
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

I will be sad to see Spotify go on Tivo as I put it through my home cinema to listen to it.
I've got Spotify on the Nvidia Shield but there is no optical connection on the back to put through my home cinema and I can't use audio by pass as I only have one HDMI connector on the back of my Phillips home cinema.
Old 12-06-2016, 13:26   #83
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
A wise man once said you only gain wisdom when you reach 100 so l have got a few years left yet then...
Den you get some great stuff using the You Tube app old boy!
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 13:31   #84
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Thanks for that MM as l will have a look in there later today and see what l can find.
Old 14-06-2016, 10:36   #85
hedgie
cf.geek

Services: Phone, 360 + two mini boxes, Hub 5.
hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgie View Post
Well this is double edged sword...

TiVO one has updated and is working tickety boo.

TiVO 2 is having a proper sulk. I have a green screen with an error that states , and I'm paraphrasing here "your DVR has identified a serious problem and will try to fix this. this might take three hours. Do not switch off your DVR during this process".

Its been at it for ten hours its just seems locked in a re boot / green screen / black screen / re boot loop.

Will call 151 and report back.

M
New box all fitted and working. LED's seem brighter than the old one ?

The install tech did mention they are going on training courses shortly for the new TiVO.

What's that all about then, surely the next generation box will be a cloud storage/streamer....

---------- Post added at 10:36 ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 ----------

Quote:
Sorry I updated my amp to HDMI connections recently, the old optical bug was a right pain.
hedgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2016, 10:43   #86
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Does the update make it look much different? Any screenshots?
Mobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2016, 11:22   #87
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
New box all fitted and working. LED's seem brighter than the old one ?
Was your old box a Samsung and the new one a Cisco maybe?

Quote:
The install tech did mention they are going on training courses shortly for the new TiVO.

What's that all about then, surely the next generation box will be a cloud storage/streamer....
The techs would need training no matter what it is.
Old 15-06-2016, 05:05   #88
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

After receiving the initial update, my box has just rebooted itself in preparation for 3 updates.

I wonder what this could be for?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2016, 08:28   #89
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
After receiving the initial update, my box has just rebooted itself in preparation for 3 updates.

I wonder what this could be for?
Updating to the latest version. You were on a slightly older version than the regions that got it last week.
Old 15-06-2016, 15:07   #90
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Updating to the latest version. You were on a slightly older version than the regions that got it last week.
Thanks.

Should I notice anything different (the box ran faster, but that could simply be because it rebooted itself twice).
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote