Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] The News Corp scandal

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Update] The News Corp scandal

Old 09-07-2011, 22:47   #421
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
re: [Update] The News Corp scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwe View Post
Dont understand why do news of the world have to close for over this phone hacking.
There is no way to give you a potted history.You are just going to have to visit one of the online news websites and do some reading.There are loads of links in this thread alone so why not read through the last 3/4 pages to find them?
Old 09-07-2011, 22:58   #422
wwe
cf.mega poster

Services: Telewest Phone Telewest BroadBand Telewest Digital Tv v+ HD
wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
There is no way to give you a potted history.You are just going to have to visit one of the online news websites and do some reading.There are loads of links in this thread alone so why not read through the last 3/4 pages to find them?
thanks will do.
wwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 23:54   #423
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Its free and its still a comic. I feel sorry for the staff who have been shafted by there managers but i dont feel sorry that the bottom dwelling excuse of a paper is shutting down.

The staff should be offered jobs in other areas of the business while the management are sacked and dealt with by the courts if they are found to have been involved with the hacking of peoples phones.

I will not be buying or reading that comic

As someone who reads actual comics, I find it offensive that you would class the NotW as one
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 00:12   #424
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
As someone who reads actual comics, I find it offensive that you would class the NotW as one

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:24   #425
AdamD
cf.mega poster

Services: VM 50Mb
AdamD has reached the bronze age
AdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze age

"The world's greatest newspaper"

*facepalm*
AdamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:45   #426
Flyboy
Inactive

Flyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman View Post
And not one word of an apology. Kind of proves the contempt that Murdoch has for the public.
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:28   #427
Jameseh

News Corporation & Northern & Shell are just self-centered egotistical gits.

It is the last issue of a century old paper and they still need nudity within the first second of opening it to 'sell it'. No room for apologies to the people hacked and affected, or to the public or to the hundreds of employee's loosing their jobs, arrogant gits. As for N&S they're just as bad with the racism and sexism in every article.

At least we have the BBC, one of the few unbias and non-(alternate word for waste) ridden companies left standing.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:34   #428
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Here here now wheres my Dandy and Beano.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:28   #429
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

I have absolutely no love at all for Rupert Murdoch and his buisiness practices whatsoever.

But for all the current journalisits working on NOTW i feel very sorry these were not the people that did those wicked things Rebekah Brooks/Wade ought to have gone instead, the jobs of the staff have gone whilst she remains to fig leaf the Murdochs which is disgusting. Yesterday Murdoch gave an interview in america in which he said Rebekah Wade had his full support as "He would not push innocent people under a bus" which is exactly what he done to 200 employees hipocriscy of the highest order.

But the NOTW is/was not all bad they had some good scoops.

The cheating pakistani cricketers may have never been caught had it not been for the news of the world and banned,Fergies access for cash to prince andrew,Sarahs Law for Sarah Payne,the snooker player boasting on camera he could throw matches Jeffrey Archer scandal ,ect ect.

As somebody said last night the news of the world had a budget big enough to expose real villains (i am hoping the villains who bought the paper down also get exposed eventually).

Putting aside my personal dislike for Murdoch and his buisness methods i for one will miss the NOTW possibly one of the only people on this thread who will.

Just a pity it was not owned by somebody other then the Dirty Digger.

A paper with a 168 year history that the Murdochs have run into the ground, not recently but 5 years ago.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:00   #430
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Well these is the latest media headlines this morning as Rupert Murdoch flies into Britain to stop his ship from sinking.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011...-paddy-ashdown

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/me...i-2310041.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...e-hacking.html
Old 10-07-2011, 07:46   #431
richard1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well these is the latest media headlines this morning as Rupert Murdoch flies into Britain to stop his ship from sinking.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011...-paddy-ashdown

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/me...i-2310041.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...e-hacking.html
All bad stuff denphone hopefully his hands will be very full for years to come sorting out the mess his senior managers/previous editor made of the company.

I bet Camerons sorry he ignored the advice given by both Paddy Ashdown and Alan Rushbridger of the guardian,and instead listened to Uncle Rupert over Andy Coulsons suitablity to be his spin doctor.

Sorry cannot remember his name but a former us president had on his desk "The buck stops here" ie the very top not at NI it would seem.

On another note i notice the usually forthright Kelvin McKenzie seems to have gone missing from the media suddenly,one of Mr Murdochs most biggest cheerleaders very strange er not.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:13   #432
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
All bad stuff denphone hopefully his hands will be very full for years to come sorting out the mess his senior managers/previous editor made of the company.

I bet Camerons sorry he ignored the advice given by both Paddy Ashdown and Alan Rushbridger of the guardian,and instead listened to Uncle Rupert over Andy Coulsons suitablity to be his spin doctor.

Sorry cannot remember his name but a former us president had on his desk "The buck stops here" ie the very top not at NI it would seem.

On another note i notice the usually forthright Kelvin McKenzie seems to have gone missing from the media suddenly,one of Mr Murdochs most biggest cheerleaders very strange er not.
Yes Kelvin Mckenzie has been nowhere to be seen lately and we all know how big his mouth is and the American President you had on the tip of your tongue who says "The buck stops here" is Harry Truman.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:29   #433
richard1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes Kelvin Mckenzie has been nowhere to be seen lately and we all know how big his mouth is and the American President you had on the tip of your tongue who says "The buck stops here" is Harry Truman.
Ah yes Harry Truman thanks denphone.

Perhaps we could get the sun to put up a £15000 reward to the person who spots Kelvin McKenzie first,i wonder if the police know he is missing.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:29   #434
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
Ah yes Harry Truman thanks denphone.

Perhaps we could get the sun to put up a £15000 reward to the person who spots Kelvin McKenzie first,i wonder if the police know he is missing.
I think we need someone to put up a reward for the first person to do a citizen's arrest on Murdock.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:37   #435
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

*Murdoch
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote