Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 23:37   #2086
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Amazon reportedly considering entering the live tv market http://www.aftvnews.com/amazon-repor...ve-tv-service/
Shhhhh, don't tell OB

Thanks for the info though theone
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2015, 10:49   #2087
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Netflix appear to be increasing the cost of it's most popular package in the US and Canada to new subscribers. In my opinion Netflix have to be careful once prices start to creep over the £10 mark here people may decide it's not worth especially those who already have pay TV.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:15   #2088
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

Paramount Movie Vault on YouTube - US only, unless......

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/1355...rs-free-movies
Old 09-10-2015, 13:13   #2089
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Netflix appear to be increasing the cost of it's most popular package in the US and Canada to new subscribers. In my opinion Netflix have to be careful once prices start to creep over the £10 mark here people may decide it's not worth especially those who already have pay TV.
I saw the article about US subs going upto $10 a lot of my US friends are far from happy with it.
Atm i pay around £3.70p/m for 2 screens plus HD as i used a Brazilian vpn to sign up.
Netflix need to tread carefully as push prices up to much it will backfire on them.
Old 09-10-2015, 14:07   #2090
blue666666
Inactive

Services: XL tv bb 200 mb tivo 500gb box
blue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to all

roku 4 is out at end of the month http://www.cnet.com/products/roku-4/

Roku, makers of my favorite streaming sticks, boxes and Smart TVs, has a new product to beam your favorite TV shows, movies and music from the Internet to your TV. Called the Roku 4 and shipping later in October for $129, it's the company's most-expensive box to date, and the most capable.

In addition to its squatter, wider shape, the Roku 4 differs from less-expensive Roku boxes by adding 4K video streaming capability. The 4K movies, TV shows and videos available from providers like Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, M-Go and YouTube promise better video quality compared to current HD or 1080p streams (Vudu's 4K content will also be available on the Roku 4 at launch, the first we've heard of it). To take advantage of it, you'll need a 4K TV and a fast Internet connection, and in the case of Netflix, the most-expensive subscription plan.
Old 09-10-2015, 18:28   #2091
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
i used a Brazilian
Sounds interesting.......
Old 10-10-2015, 20:57   #2092
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Re: Amazon Fire TV:

http://www.aftvnews.com/tivo-app-arr...-in-beta-form/

Courtesy of tassiekev.
Old 13-10-2015, 22:52   #2093
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Sounds interesting.......
Bad Max
Old 16-10-2015, 16:37   #2094
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

BBC looking to actively block VPN access to iPlayer https://torrentfreak.com/bbc-iplayer...ncerns-151016/

Quote:
The BBC is taking measures against the unauthorized use of its iPlayer service by actively blocking UK VPN services. The measures aim to prevent foreigners from accessing iPlayer without permission, but they're also blocking many legitimate UK citizens from surfing the Internet securely.
Old 16-10-2015, 18:56   #2095
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
BBC looking to actively block VPN access to iPlayer https://torrentfreak.com/bbc-iplayer...ncerns-151016/
Yeah has been a pain in backside today to access bbciplayer as i normally leave my vpn on for security purposes but even the uk vpns i use are blocked by BBCiplayer, i have emailed my concerns but i can understand too why they are doing it, i had to turn off my vpn to access iplayer today, my vpn provider are in the process of working on a fix.
Smart dns has been fine on it though.
Old 16-10-2015, 20:03   #2096
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

VuTV to close 22nd this month:

http://www.a516digital.com/2015/10/p...lose.html#more
Old 16-10-2015, 22:24   #2097
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassiekev View Post
They won't be missed but wonder if that's why tvplayer has now got premiun channels.
Old 17-10-2015, 02:29   #2098
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Yeah has been a pain in backside today to access bbciplayer as i normally leave my vpn on for security purposes but even the uk vpns i use are blocked by BBCiplayer, i have emailed my concerns but i can understand too why they are doing it, i had to turn off my vpn to access iplayer today, my vpn provider are in the process of working on a fix.
Smart dns has been fine on it though.
Tried to access the BBC website from my works PC yesterday, it never loaded although various 'is it down for you' sites said it was just me.

Our works PC goes through a Dutch proxy so i wonder if it's related to this?
Old 17-10-2015, 10:55   #2099
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
Tried to access the BBC website from my works PC yesterday, it never loaded although various 'is it down for you' sites said it was just me.

Our works PC goes through a Dutch proxy so i wonder if it's related to this?
Most likely was yes.
My vpn provider today just launched a couple more uk servers so far so good.
Old 17-10-2015, 20:22   #2100
Khenryashley
Freedom for smokers

Services: VM. 3 boxes ( 1 x TiVo 2 x V6) 350 mbps BB
Khenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the rough

What a bummer.
P.I.A is blocking my BBC iPlayer.
Closed Thread