Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.
Closed Thread

Old 29-08-2012, 16:03   #1201
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken1234 View Post
the red butten this now on all channel 4 paralumpi channels
Also on Channel 4 and More4.

Maybe that why Virgin was testing Five channels out for on August 20th?

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35465364-post872.html
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 29-08-2012, 16:14   #1202
ken1234
Inactive

Services: skyhd tv ondemnd and the fall pack on tv. bt Broadband - Unlimited BT Infinity 2 .
ken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud ofken1234 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Also on Channel 4 and More4.

Maybe that why Virgin was testing Five channels out for on August 20th?

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35465364-post872.html
yes i agree with you there mata
Old 29-08-2012, 16:56   #1203
cityfan247
cf.addict

Services: Full House 2 V6 Boxes 1 1TB Tivo Freesat Freeview HD Roku Apple TV 3 Firesticks
cityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to behold

Re NFL coverage:

I suppose C4 confirmed coverage of Sunday Night Football is a start but with the season a week away (my Giants play next Wednesday) it is frustrating no other tv deals have been confirmed be it Sky or ESPN or whoever

The NFL need to sort this out quickly.

This all reminds me of last year and the shambles around TV coverage of the NHL in the UK.

the NHL (of which I am a big fan) was taken off ESPN America. Now you get the odd game on Premier Sports for god's sake. Who gets Premier Sports !!! That made no sense for a league trying to expand it's fanbase round the world.

The NFL is aggresivley trying to expand into new markets- hell they even talk about setting up a UK franchise some day- well that wont happen if no bugger can watch it.

yes there is NFL gamepass availabe but that is very expensive- £100-£130 per year i believe. Quite dear per game when you work it out. I subscribe to MLB.TV but at less than £70 thought it represnted much better value.

come on the powers that be lets get this sorted!
Old 29-08-2012, 17:01   #1204
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
It's funny you should mention that.

In the recent deal with Talk Talk SKY 2 was not included.

http://corporate.sky.com/media/press...f_sky_channels

Also in the recent enhanced deal with UPC, SKY 2 which was missing from their previous agreement was not added.

http://corporate.sky.com/media/press..._upc_agreement

That to me suggests either Talk Talk and and UPC are not interested in SKY 2, or SKY 2 doesn't have too much long left. You'll also notice SKY Living it was not part of the Talk Talk deal either.
Just found:

Wikipedia says Sky2 is broadcasting on UPC Channel 115

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...on_UPC_Ireland

And Talk Talk channel 034

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...on_TalkTalk_TV

And also no Sky Livingit channels on UPC or Talk Talk.
Old 29-08-2012, 17:04   #1205
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

People need to forget about Atlantic... all that Will happen if Atlantic comes to VM is 12 months down the line $ky will sign up a load of new content and launch that on ANOTHER exclusive channel.
" Watch Brand new episodes of Bourne: The Rouge Years, Exclusive to SKY customers on SKYUSA HD"
Old 29-08-2012, 17:34   #1206
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Yes, but those services are pay per view and expensive --- around £20 for one season of Broadwalk Empire.

At the moment Atlantic is exclusive to to a Sky Sattelite subscription, so they can call it exclusive. I'm talking about when that changes, when Atlantic is available on Now TV.

The 'exclusive' bit only works when it is exclusive and is designed to drive people to choose that provider i.e., Sky Satellite. But when you decide to change from exclusive to non exclusive, surely the goal changes to maximise revenue from as many sources as possible?

---------- Post added at 14:06 ---------- Previous post was at 13:50 ----------

You see this is where we differ; you are adamant that Atlantic is not coming, whereas, I see the new landscape that is being created by Atlantic soon to be non exclusive to a Sky satellite subscription. This gives new opportunities for other providers to negotiate with Sky. They may or may not be sucessful, I don't know, but a categorical, 'It's not coming' is wrong in my view.
I'm sure that we can at least agree that we hope you're proved to be right and I'm wrong!
Old 29-08-2012, 18:07   #1207
Richc1977
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, 200MB BB, Netflix UHD, Sky Go
Richc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityfan247 View Post
Re NFL coverage:

I suppose C4 confirmed coverage of Sunday Night Football is a start but with the season a week away (my Giants play next Wednesday) it is frustrating no other tv deals have been confirmed be it Sky or ESPN or whoever

The NFL need to sort this out quickly.

This all reminds me of last year and the shambles around TV coverage of the NHL in the UK.

the NHL (of which I am a big fan) was taken off ESPN America. Now you get the odd game on Premier Sports for god's sake. Who gets Premier Sports !!! That made no sense for a league trying to expand it's fanbase round the world.......
Just checked the tv listings for ESPN UK for 10th & 11th Sept and no NFL games scheduled so looks as if they have dropped this along with the countdowns on Sunday and Monday.

Will sky pick this up too. Maybe BT are looking to get in on the action to fill up their schedules?
Old 29-08-2012, 18:11   #1208
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

AFAIK, SKY Sports had the NFL last year, but with Channel 4 picking up some rights means that for my birthday I can watch the Broncos. Hopefully they pick up a win for the first game.

Oops, sorry went slightly off topic there.
Old 29-08-2012, 18:40   #1209
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

As a member of NFLUK I can assure you there is nothing to worry about a deal will be signed. The site admin have said that the full TV schedule will be announced soon
Old 29-08-2012, 18:58   #1210
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richc1977 View Post
Re - NFL in UK

Channel 4 SNF coverage confirmed for this season

http://www.nfluk.com/opinions/articl...-football-live

and hello to all as this is my first post although I have been a follower of Media Boy for a few years now. What would we do without him - keep up the good work.

I'm on here hoping for more HD channels, My most desired channels - mainly sports influenced

ESPN America HD
ITV4 HD
British Eurosport 2 HD
Sky Sports News HD
Sky News HD

Would not mind Sky Atlantic HD but can get the shows I'm into on blu-ray etc..
It's good that the games will all be in HD and available on 4OD.
Old 29-08-2012, 18:58   #1211
Richc1977
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, 200MB BB, Netflix UHD, Sky Go
Richc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to behold

I see British Eurosport 2 HD launches next week as a Sky exclusive and also notice that Eurosport HD's coverage of the 2012 US Open is actually in proper HD this year rather than upscaled HD.

Do you think as part of Eurosport's new deal with Sky they had them relax their restriction on HD coverage of the US Open in the UK?
Old 29-08-2012, 19:02   #1212
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
I'm sure that we can at least agree that we hope you're proved to be right and I'm wrong!
Let's hope so. There is a chance for negotiations to take place in a different climate. We can only hope that sense prevails on both sides and they each take advantage of it.
Old 29-08-2012, 21:04   #1213
Jameseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
And Talk Talk channel 034

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...on_TalkTalk_TV

And also no Sky Livingit channels on UPC or Talk Talk.
The TalkTalk Wikipedia is referring to their IPTV service with deals existing since Tiscali, the new deal for TalkTalk Player (their YouView app) does not include Sky2.

Old 29-08-2012, 21:18   #1214
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
The TalkTalk Wikipedia is referring to their IPTV service with deals existing since Tiscali, the new deal for TalkTalk Player (their YouView app) does not include Sky2.
Do an On Demand network need Sky2???

I mean Sky2 broadcast the same thing as Sky1 but on an other day.

Sky2 is not even on Virgin on Demand.
Old 29-08-2012, 21:31   #1215
Jameseh

TalkTalk Player is live shows, YouView doesn't support IPTV tuners so they have to do premium channels over an app.

Closed Thread