Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.
Closed Thread

Old 20-08-2012, 23:05   #901
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.

Well I'll be happy if either of those things happen
Advertisement
Old 21-08-2012, 13:20   #902
bamav
cf.addict

Services: VM L TV powered by TiVo, 30MB BB, Sky Sports, Phone L, Freeview.
bamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
never gonna happen don't know why people cant get this it one of the channnel sky is with holding
People used to say Sky 1 coming back to Virgin was never going to happen!

Sky Atlantic WILL come to Virgin Media, just a matter of finances and when...
Old 21-08-2012, 15:47   #903
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamav View Post
People used to say Sky 1 coming back to Virgin was never going to happen!

Sky Atlantic WILL come to Virgin Media, just a matter of finances and when...
Before this thread goes all ''Sky VS Virgin Media'' again.

I can confirmed that on the list of channels set to launch in October no Sky branded channels was on the list - not even Pick TV +1.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 21-08-2012, 16:59   #904
dj_wayne
Inactive

dj_wayne is an unknown quantity at this point

i heard today one of these chaneels is disney hd
Old 21-08-2012, 17:11   #905
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

UPC in Ireland have just added that along with some premium Sky channels, and also ESPN America HD, so I reckon (since we now know none of them will be Sky branded), we're looking at Disney HD, ESPN America HD and Channel 5+1 (confirmed by MB) amongst the five coming soon.

---------- Post added at 17:05 ---------- Previous post was at 17:03 ----------

Since we know some of them are going to be SD channels I think that rules out the ITV HD channels.

---------- Post added at 17:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:05 ----------

Also confirmed by MB is that only one +1 will launch so there will be some new content amongst the SD additions.

---------- Post added at 17:11 ---------- Previous post was at 17:07 ----------

Of the list in post #751 that these channels will come from only CBS Drama stands out as notably missing from the current Virgin line up, and there is already a deal in place for Action and OD so I reckon that's likely.

And there my deductive reasoning has dried up a bit. There is one more channel but I can't guess it!
Old 21-08-2012, 17:21   #906
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
UPC in Ireland have just added that along with some premium Sky channels, and also ESPN America HD, so I reckon (since we now know none of them will be Sky branded), we're looking at Disney HD, ESPN America HD and Channel 5+1 (confirmed by MB) amongst the five coming soon.

Since we know some of them are going to be SD channels I think that rules out the ITV HD channels.

Also confirmed by MB is that only one +1 will launch so there will be some new content amongst the SD additions.

Of the list in post #751 that these channels will come from only CBS Drama stands out as notably missing from the current Virgin line up, and there is already a deal in place for Action and OD so I reckon that's likely.

And there my deductive reasoning has dried up a bit. There is one more channel but I can't guess it!
Sherlock would be proud of your deductions Andy.
Old 21-08-2012, 17:24   #907
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

Do you work for Ailbi or Universal Channel in anyway???
Old 21-08-2012, 17:32   #908
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris9991 View Post
Wouldn't it be great if VM didn't want channels on the cheap but rather paid top dollar. Imagine the subscription rates they'd have to charge. I'm sure all current subscribers would gladly pay.
Quote:

Do we currently get OD programmes from CBS Drama?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Before this thread goes all ''Sky VS Virgin Media'' again.

I can confirmed that on the list of channels set to launch in October no Sky branded channels was on the list - not even Pick TV +1.
Oh no, I was hoping for Pick TV+1
Old 21-08-2012, 17:39   #909
andy_m
cf.mega poster

andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

We get OD from CBS Reality and CBS Action, and both linear channels are on the Virgin platform.
Old 21-08-2012, 18:29   #910
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

By saying Disney HD, do we mean Disney Cinemagic? If ever a channel would be really appreciated in HD it is this.
Old 21-08-2012, 18:40   #911
Jameseh

I think they're referring to Disney XD HD, Cinemagic is 50/50 with Sky as far as I'm aware.

---

So; Universal HD, Disney XD HD, ESPN America HD, Channel 5 +1 and CBS Drama? Quite a good array of channels if correct.

Old 21-08-2012, 18:45   #912
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
Maybe one of these channels will be the forthcoming London Legacy sports channel which will be a 24-hour service showing 24 of the 26 Olympic sports. To my mind if would be foolish of VM if they did not carry this channel from the planned November launch although the report says it will be initially on BSkyB only "but [London Legacy] is seeking wider distribution."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012...nnel-to-launch
any news about this channel launching on VM MB?
Old 21-08-2012, 19:03   #913
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
any news about this channel launching on VM MB?
It will launch ''initially on BSkyB''.

---------- Post added at 19:00 ---------- Previous post was at 18:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
I think they're referring to Disney XD HD, Cinemagic is 50/50 with Sky as far as I'm aware.

---

So; Universal HD, Disney XD HD, ESPN America HD, Channel 5 +1 and CBS Drama? Quite a good array of channels if correct.
As far as I know ALL Disney brands are own by the Disney-ABC Television Group.

I think you was thinking about A+E Networks UK – Who operates History (UK), Bio. (UK) and Crime & Investigation Network (UK). channels.

---------- Post added at 19:03 ---------- Previous post was at 19:00 ----------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Sky_Broadcasting
Old 21-08-2012, 19:04   #914
Jameseh

Indeed, I was thinking of the small print from the Sky HD thing.

Old 21-08-2012, 19:37   #915
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post

---

To be honest, whilst I'm not toooooooo bothered by HD, I do choose it if I have the option. To that end I'd be quite chuffed to see Universal and ESPN America because I watch both a fair bit.
Closed Thread