Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.
Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 19:50   #1801
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
They've been in talks for rather a long time. Media Boy's post could mean something or nothing, frankly, and I just wonder if we are any further forward. I suspect that we are, because Sky LivingIt is a gonner, so Sky Atlantic could replace it and keep VM's total costs for Sky channels down low to compensate for the missing channel.

It would be nice to know that we are finally getting somewhere.
only be SD if we do get sky atlantic I think we get sky news and ssn HD though
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2012, 19:51   #1802
dwarfofpoison
cf.addict

dwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Now, Media Boy, I don't understand your earlier 'OMG' comment!
For the channels outlined by MB I too wonder what on the list warrants an OMG but then the pessimist draws me to the sad conclusion. OMG we've still got a long, long way to go!
Old 11-09-2012, 20:07   #1803
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

@Old Boy and @dwarfofpoison

OMG was for Sky Atlantic - Happy now.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 11-09-2012, 20:08   #1804
morley04
Inactive

Services: 100MB, Tivo 1TB, V+HD and XL Phone
morley04 is on a distinguished roadmorley04 is on a distinguished road

I was hoping for SS3 SS4 HD and SSNews HD.
Old 11-09-2012, 20:10   #1805
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by morley04 View Post
I was hoping for SS3 SS4 HD and SSNews HD.
we could get that but no way will we get SS3+4HD they a no go for anyone but sky
Old 11-09-2012, 20:11   #1806
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
They've been in talks for rather a long time. Media Boy's post could mean something or nothing, frankly, and I just wonder if we are any further forward. I suspect that we are, because Sky LivingIt is a gonner, so Sky Atlantic could replace it and keep VM's total costs for Sky channels down low to compensate for the missing channel.

It would be nice to know that we are finally getting somewhere.
Been busy confirm the channels on my list today

But next weeks copy of Radio Times has confirm that Sky Livingit channels will still be broadcasting after Sky Atlantic +1 launches on Astra on September 21st.
Old 11-09-2012, 20:11   #1807
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarfofpoison View Post
For the channels outlined by MB I too wonder what on the list warrants an OMG but then the pessimist draws me to the sad conclusion, OMG we've still got a long, long way to go!
Every single one of those channels has at some point been the subject of frustration from some on here because they're not available on Virgin. I would say the majority of complaints about the channel line up have been about Atlantic and what are commonly referred to as "the missing" ITV channels. Media Boy has been told that of those 4 channels which have caused the most angst, 3 are definitely launching. Thats got to be a win, right?
Old 11-09-2012, 20:16   #1808
morley04
Inactive

How come SS3/4 are a no go then ? sky asking for way too much do you reckon? and thanks MB for the info
Old 11-09-2012, 20:16   #1809
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Dusty Bin update.

When I posted 'Dusty Bin' weeks ago I can now confirm I was talking about all the non-Sky branded channels on my list - posted today.

3 HD Channels - ITV HD Channels,
2 SD Channels - Sony Movies and CBS Drama,
1 +1 Channels - Channel 5 +1.
Old 11-09-2012, 20:20   #1810
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Are we to assume from this that all of the channels on your list will definitely launch, but not necessarily in October? I think that some people are reading your information to mean that we are no further forward with the Sky channels, whereas I think you are possibly saying that we are nearly there and VM are just tying up the final details.
Well I know the meaning of "may" and also the phrase "in talks" so I don't understand your problem

---------- Post added at 20:20 ---------- Previous post was at 20:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Dusty Bin update.

When I posted 'Dusty Bin' weeks ago I can now confirm I was talking about all the non-Sky branded channels on my list - posted today.

3 HD Channels - ITV HD Channels,
2 SD Channels - Sony Movies and CBS Drama,
1 +1 Channels - Channel 5 +1.
That's just cruel
Old 11-09-2012, 20:20   #1811
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by morley04 View Post
How come SS3/4 are a no go then ? sky asking for way too much do you reckon? and thanks MB for the info
sky with holding them from everyone else like F1HD and SAHD are also no go for anyone else
Old 11-09-2012, 20:23   #1812
morley04
Inactive

Oh right :@ SKY just left them aswell as they we getting really expensive.
Old 11-09-2012, 20:37   #1813
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
@Old Boy and @dwarfofpoison

OMG was for Sky Atlantic - Happy now.
Thanks for all your efforts, maybe I'm not reading it right but was OMG because Virgin were in talks for Sky Atlantic?? Was it OMG cos they are still talking or that talks had just begun? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-09-2012, 20:58   #1814
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
Thanks for all your efforts, maybe I'm not reading it right but was OMG because Virgin were in talks for Sky Atlantic?? Was it OMG cos they are still talking or that talks had just begun? Thanks in advance.
I think it may have been OMG SKY aren't actually witholding Atlantic after all, it's being offered and Virgin are trying to snag a deal.
Old 11-09-2012, 21:03   #1815
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
I was only saying OMG due to Virgin still being in talks for Sky Atlantic (I was not given any updates in months) but I also saying OMG to Sky Sports News HD being on the info on that list.
Closed Thread