Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What's minimum call time on the £10 sim?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

What's minimum call time on the £10 sim?

Old 28-08-2007, 10:41   #1
bargepole
cf.member

Services: Virgin 150meg, VM phone, Virgin TV XL , V+, Tivo, Virgin mobile
bargepole is an unknown quantity at this point
What's minimum call time on the £10 sim?

Just that a lot of my calls are relativly short and just wondered how virgin mobile charge such calls.

ie if you make a 30 second call how many minutes come off your 300 allowance....TIA
bargepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-08-2007, 10:55   #2
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia
Re: What's minimum call time on the £10 sim?

I don't know about Virgin, but i'm on Orange with some free minutes and they take literally the seconds off my allowance rather than a full minute, bit skanky if Virgin take full minutes off you i think!!
Pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2007, 16:22   #3
logo
Inactive

logo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargepole View Post
Just that a lot of my calls are relativly short and just wondered how virgin mobile charge such calls.

ie if you make a 30 second call how many minutes come off your 300 allowance....TIA
They will only take what you use. 30 secs - 30 secs will be taken.
logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2007, 16:38   #4
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star

I'd not be so sure. They round to the nearest min on their land line then up to the nearest pence. If they don't do that with their mobile I'd watch out for it in the neer future.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2007, 12:08   #5
bikeman
Inactive

bikeman is an unknown quantity at this point

I am on 300 on cable - call credit is deducted in 1min increments
bikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2007, 18:39   #6
dave_dph
Inactive

dave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeman View Post
I am on 300 on cable - call credit is deducted in 1min increments
The service on 789 reports remaining talk time in whole minutes. However, if you check your bills you will see that calls are charged by the second and where applicable, hours, minutes and seconds will roll over to the following month.
dave_dph is offline   Reply With Quote