Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Raspberry Pi - a revolution?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Raspberry Pi - a revolution?

Old 16-06-2013, 05:35   #286
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: Raspberry Pi - a revolution?

Yes I still use mine.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-06-2013, 12:14   #287
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

What we need it perhaps projects you are doing, plan to do, and problem solving.

I'm looking into Home Automation so that I could turn lights on/off via a android phone.
Old 16-06-2013, 16:14   #288
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Just got a nice case for mine:

Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2013, 21:14   #289
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

rogerdraig has reached the bronze age
rogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerdraig

hmm how do plug the new camera in
rogerdraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2013, 21:19   #290
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerdraig View Post
hmm how do plug the new camera in
http://asliceofraspberrypi.blogspot....ra-module.html

http://asliceofraspberrypi.blogspot....module_23.html

http://asliceofraspberrypi.blogspot....pberry-pi.html
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 00:07   #291
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

rogerdraig has reached the bronze age
rogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerdraig

could do with a slightly better camera box on last one but otherwise fairly cool

we are looking at building Lego one though once i resave enough to get some mindstorm kit for the kids to use with it ( spent what we had saved on lego heavy weapons )
rogerdraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 22:14   #292
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

looks interesting

Turn you Pi into a desktop computer

http://www.techhive.com/article/2043...-computer.html

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ry-pi-fairywre
Old 06-07-2013, 08:21   #293
tizmeinnit

I like the idea of ITX but the pi needs to be a little more powerful before I want to play. More ram for me please but the problem then how much is this board going to cost? for about 80 quid you can get an ITX board with an AMD cpu installed and a gig of ram so is it cost effective? only I think if you own a PI already
Old 06-07-2013, 10:35   #294
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Mmmmm I do still use mine but I dont think id consider it a practical desktop co puter. Mind you mine has 256mb ram nit 512.
Old 02-02-2015, 12:36   #295
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

I see they upgrade now and again, work mate just showed me this...

http://thepihut.com/products/raspber...eid=2896065430

Quote:
The new Raspberry Pi 2 - Model B is jam packed with features! With a new quad core processor and twice the memory with a massive 1GB RAM, It's a whopping 6x faster than its predecessor. The ultra-low-cost, deck-of-cards sized Linux computer has had a makeover, and it's a good one at that!

still only £30!
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 13:01   #296
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Said to have some kind of Windows 10 support with free licencing.

http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-1...raspberry-pi-2
Old 06-05-2015, 16:01   #297
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

I have just ordered my raspberry pi 2
Old 09-05-2015, 11:37   #298
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

......which just turned up - very nice
Old 10-05-2015, 15:23   #299
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
......which just turned up - very nice
All set up and working, much faster than my old one as you'd expect. Just wish I was goot in Linux!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11258303_10153060778193173_371467045260106576_n.jpg (104.1 KB, 15 views)
Old 26-11-2015, 10:17   #300
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Raspberry Pi Zero is now available, only £4, you can also pick it up for free on the front cover of the Decemeber MagPi magazine.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-34922561

https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspberry-pi-zero/

https://www.raspberrypi.org/magpi/ra...-the-magpi-40/

Quote:
A Broadcom BCM2835 application processor
1GHz ARM11 core (40% faster than Raspberry Pi 1)
512MB of LPDDR2 SDRAM
A micro-SD card slot
A mini-HDMI socket for 1080p60 video output
Micro-USB sockets for data and power
An unpopulated 40-pin GPIO header
Identical pinout to Model A+/B+/2B
An unpopulated composite video header
Our smallest ever form factor, at 65mm x 30mm x 5mm
Image provided by BBC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _86884985_img_4048-1.jpg (52.8 KB, 134 views)