Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [update] GT5 Gets released 24th Nov

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[update] GT5 Gets released 24th Nov

Old 01-01-2011, 16:54   #76
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: [update] GT5 Gets released 24th Nov

My signature edition is in the mail :-) I love collectors edition and this one is a cracker.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:17   #77
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

I managed to get gold on all the top gear test track events and I've now got my pick up so thanks to all for that, plus just 2 more races to complete then all the licenses are in the bag, and close to a million quid in the bank.

Touched on the multiplayer last night, and got subsequently owned due to my inexperience .

This game is truly epic and apart from it causing a little friction with Mrs Pabs, due to the fact I've not been off it since Christmas day, I see no reason why I wont still be playing it in 12 months time

If anyone needs any help getting the Gold's on any top gear test tracks let me know
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:28   #78
haydnwalker
Inactive

Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
haydnwalker has reached the bronze age
haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age

I'm still stuck on the Intermediate Top Gear Track race (with the Elises) and the Active Steering doesn't seem to do anything...
haydnwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:38   #79
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydnwalker View Post
I'm still stuck on the Intermediate Top Gear Track race (with the Elises) and the Active Steering doesn't seem to do anything...
i had traction control on 5, abs on 1, everything else off and got gold, the trick is to use the analogue sticks to brack and accelerate, but only pull it half way down to brake, dont slam the brakes on else you spin, and out of corners, half accelerate, untill your going straight then floor it, it took me about 8 or 9 attempts but got there in the end hope this helps
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:40   #80
haydnwalker
Inactive

haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age

Thanks,

I had tried various permiatations of the TCS/ABS etc but couldn't get it spot on. I use the L2/R2 Analog triggers as acceleration/brake as my hands are too big to use the analog sticks for both steering and acceleration/brake plus its how the X360 is for Forza
Old 04-01-2011, 11:03   #81
pabscars
Inactive

pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Ok first tip enter the first left hander on the inside (of car 1) and drift under braking to take the outside line (pass 2 cars in the process)

Second tip, once you've got past the first 2 cars keep it nailed and burst through the cones at the first chicane (approaching Chicago) taking care not to clip the back end of the 3rd braking Lotus.

At this point you can over take another 2 to 3 cars before braking for the hairpin right. When exiting the hairpin (Chicago) its important not to drift the back end out as this looses valuable momentum into the next strait.

Keep it nailed upto the hammerhead and you can pass (under braking) at least another 2 to 3 cars. You can also get away with bursting through some of the cones if you over run under braking.

The follow through can be a bit tricky and needs a careful approach, I couldn't manage it flat out but you need to keep as much momentum as possible then keep it flat out in order to chase down the remaining cars.

See how you go from there
Old 04-01-2011, 11:45   #82
haydnwalker
Inactive

Cheers pabs Will seriously have a go at that, it seems to be the Follow-Through that unsettles the car the most so I end up chickening out (as clarkson puts it) and braking into it slightly and so the loss of momentum must be messing me up
Old 04-01-2011, 11:51   #83
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I still can't even complete the first Top Gear track with the silly VW camper vans.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:58   #84
haydnwalker
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I still can't even complete the first Top Gear track with the silly VW camper vans.
You need to do ALOT of slipstreaming, and not braking too hard (remember you're only doing about 60mph max) but the gas is always flatout

---------- Post added at 11:58 ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 ----------

It took me about 12 goes at them
Old 04-01-2011, 11:59   #85
pabscars
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
The biggest tip I can give you there is

1. Draft like mad
2. Avoid hitting the rev limiter, hold it 1 mph lower so it doesn't kick in and you can gain momentum on your prey
3. Getting cleanly through Chicago and Hammerhead are pivotal
Old 04-01-2011, 12:02   #86
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

I have come close a few time but end up sliding off the track.

There is no need for that penalty on those challenges, its just plain daft.

Cheers for the advice guys. Will try again tonight.
Old 25-01-2011, 14:57   #87
pabscars
Inactive

I completed one of the endurance events, comprising of 200 laps of the indy 500 track last night, god give me strength, my eyes are like ****** holes in the snow today

However all my hard work did not go unrewarded, I received a nice car for my troubles, a 20 million squid shaguar convertible,

Yeah baby,,,,,,,,,,,

The biggest tip I can give to earn wonga and fast is, do the seasonal events but just the races mind because the drift challenges are solid and a waste of time.

If you don't have the correct car for each event, get one of your friends to send it too you, do the race in question, then give it back.

I got about 5 mill in just over an hour doing this.

Did I already say this is an EPIC game, I cant remember
Old 25-01-2011, 16:35   #88
haydnwalker
Inactive

Nice One! I'm just doing the professional events at the moment.
Old 04-03-2011, 16:07   #89
haydnwalker
Inactive

Well... I've FINALLY did the Topgear Track race with the Lotuses, and as of last week, I have my International S License.

That topgear track was a killer. I'm now stuck on the final Go-Kart advanced race...somehow I just can't make the correct position!
Old 04-03-2011, 17:16   #90
pabscars
Inactive

Quote:
Well... I've FINALLY did the Topgear Track race with the Lotuses, and as of last week, I have my International S License.

That topgear track was a killer. I'm now stuck on the final Go-Kart advanced race...somehow I just can't make the correct position!
The only real tips I can give you there haydn is try different views, I think I used the one where you can just see the front wheels of the cart, have your game volume loud enough so you can hear when the tyres are starting to let go (grip wise) and then you know when to back off the throttle a little.

I found changing the view made all the difference because when I was using the behind the go-cart view, I kept spinning out as I couldn't hear when the tyres were loosing grip.

Also (as I'm sure your aware) drafting gives you a massive speed boost, which if used correctly at the start into the first corner, can see you leap frog right up to the front of the field.

Finally once your in the lead, drive defensively and block the path of any drivers trying to overtake.

Have fun