Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | WWE (no spoilers for 24 hours)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

WWE (no spoilers for 24 hours)

Old 19-11-2012, 04:02   #1156
Jameseh

Re: WWE (no spoilers for 24 hours)

Finally... a remote sense of excitement has come back to WWE.
Advertisement
Old 19-11-2012, 04:43   #1157
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

If that's hinting at the spoiler that I think it is then there's going to be one pretty narked off admin around the place later...

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2012, 08:23   #1158
Jameseh

Its not the Rock, just using the catchphrase due to the length of time it has taken for something to happen that wasn't entirely predictable beforehand.
Old 22-11-2012, 12:27   #1159
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

I got excited a tiny bit about a new stable of sorts but still didn't make up for another **** poor PPV with more and more poor championship match endings.

I know a heel has times when he won't win cleanly but every PPV? come on man

By poor I mean what on earth happened to Survivor Series, this is meant to be a key PPV of the calendar and the elimination tag matches were the headlining point at once, how that's drastically changed and they end up being a dismal match. WWE is milking the life out of PPV's Hell in a cell was barely gone and here we were at Survivor Series witnessing the same old situations. The calendar needs redone tbh, Spread the PPV's out more and build up to them!

Bets on Cena winning the Rumble, Rock beating punk and you guessed it, Twice in a lifetime.

I hope the new stable is nexus like and just attack anyone, if they face it all on Ryback I'll be very disappointed in seeing Ryback's character buried after this build up in recent months. I want him to continue being a monster that little bit longer. It's much better than having another 'Kane or Big Show'
Old 22-11-2012, 13:02   #1160
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Apologies for flying off the handle above. It did look like a spoiler for The Rock.

I agree it was a weak PPV. And to be honest I'm not all that stoked about this new faction. It's been done to death. When was the last time a heel faction really got over? Nexus failed so they tried to inject a bit of life in to it by bringing in Punk. That died a death. In fact the last decent heel stable was Evolution but they ended up suffering from the "too cool to be heels" syndrome.

I'm guessing Shield will have the attitude of "we were held back, we were too good for NXT" etc. Still not excited for it.

The whole Survivor Series concept has been stale for years IMO. What I'd like to see is possibly 2 title defences and the other 2/3 matches is tradition SS elimination but the survivors of all the matches meet in a final bout of survivors. They did that back in 1990 with Hogan and Warrior as the sole winners and I can't understand why they don't go back to it. That would make the PPV stand out in the way HIAC, TLC or MITB do.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 24-11-2012, 03:39   #1161
Jameseh

Hopefully Ziggler will finally cash in at TLC and make World title matches watchable, I think the last time I fully paid attention to one was WrestleMania and then you couldnt exactly miss it.

Any ideas who he'd face for the belt assuming they don't go with Sheamus again?
Old 24-11-2012, 09:41   #1162
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Don't know, I don't think he is really feuding with anyone right now. There's Orton I suppose, but I don't rate Orton at all. I'm struggling to get excited about any of the current lot of stars. I knew it would happen at some point, but I didn't think it would be this soon.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 13:42   #1163
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Orton could be a candidate as he's due to turn heel soon. There's little doubt Ziggler will be super-over when he gets the belt so they'll probably face him up a bit. If they give Orton a miss I could see Damian Sandow possibly getting a title shot. Although fairly new Vince is apparently pretty high on him.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 24-11-2012, 14:26   #1164
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze

I think Dolph will get over with the crowd hugely when he ends his alliance with Vickie Guerrero. Whilst I don't like the character she plays (as it is acting to a degree to be hones), she draws some great heat from the crowd. 'EXCUSE ME'!

Realistically, I think Dolph is a good shout to win the title soon. Orton is better as a heel, I think he is flat as a face. Cena is OK, but the huge problem I have with him isn't his fault. I cannot take seriously a guy who gets beaten down for half an hour, he then comes back and wins and shows no signs of being beaten for most of the match.
Old 24-11-2012, 14:28   #1165
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
They did that back in 1990 with Hogan and Warrior as the sole winners and I can't understand why they don't go back to it. That would make the PPV stand out in the way HIAC, TLC or MITB do.
That was the first Survivor Series I watched live on SKY. The debut of The Undertaker! Also featured a match with virtually all of my favourite wrestlers:

The Warriors - The Ultimate Warrior, The Legion of Doom and The Texas Tornado Vs. The Perfect Team - Mr. Perfect and Demolition

22 years ago, that's crazy!
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2012, 15:19   #1166
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Best memory from this years WWE calendar?

Mine: Santino Marella vs Daniel Bryan as the last two in the Elimination Chamber @ PPV Elimination Chamber 2012

Santino rallied and hit a massively unexpected Cobra and the crowd went absolutely wild in what could of been one of the most unexpected moments in WWE history. Sadly D-bry kicked out at 2 and won via submission a few seconds later.

I don't think WWE has almost had me off my seat as much in the last 8 years.
Old 24-11-2012, 15:26   #1167
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

That was great, mine was Royal Rumble. Nice to see Duggan and Road Dogg again, and Kharma entering the match.
Old 24-11-2012, 15:52   #1168
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post

The Warriors - The Ultimate Warrior, The Legion of Doom and The Texas Tornado Vs. The Perfect Team - Mr. Perfect and Demolition
And such a shame that 4 out of all those have died prematurely

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc
Mine: Santino Marella vs Daniel Bryan as the last two in the Elimination Chamber @ PPV Elimination Chamber 2012
That proved how when needed Santino can raise his game. His gimmick is great for the kids and all but it's such a shame that he's languishing in lower-midcard regions.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 25-11-2012, 18:01   #1169
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Just finished watching the new WWE documentary: WWE The Attitude Era. Followed this up with The Legend of Wrestling, The History of Monday Night RAW.

It just reminded me how great the WWE was between 1997 and 2001. One thing I forgot about was how good the WWE where at drawing a storyline out. You'd have multiple wrestlers on the roster engrossed in feuds and angles that would take months and months to reach a conclusion.

The Road Dogg features heavily on both. Some of the footage of him controlling the crowd on the mic is fantastic. Often the overlooked member of DX. He got a great pop this years at the Royal Rumble.

If you've not watched either of these, I totally recommend them. You might however have to resort to downloading / watching them from an unofficial WWE site as I don't think either are available in the UK at this time.

SKY should have picked up WWE Legends of Wrestling a long time ago. Managed to catch all 33 episodes, by hook or by crook, since they started 6 years ago.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2012, 20:44   #1170
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Just watched Cena doing his knee in chasing Ziggler
Henkesghost is offline   Reply With Quote