Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | WWE (no spoilers for 24 hours)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

WWE (no spoilers for 24 hours)

Old 02-11-2015, 07:02   #1756
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: WWE (no spoilers for 24 hours)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post

Thus you can't have win bonuses or performance bonuses akin to Boxing or MMA,
That's not quite true. If more people attend a show because of one particular wrestler then often he'll get a percentage bonus.

There IS genuine competition in pro wrestling but not a sporting one. Each guy wants to be entertaining and the promoter pays attention to this. If during a match the heel is getting over but the face is getting zero reaction the chances are the good guy won't get booked again.

The booker/promoter puts the match together, it's up to both wrestlers to make it work.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2015, 07:12   #1757
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Unless your name happens to be John Cena and everyone apart from the kids boos him.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 15:31   #1758
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Not quite either - he is getting some reaction, even if it's not the type that WWE wants.

The worst scenario is what we call "X-Pac heat". That's when the crowd doesn't care either way and you can't get them to cheer or boo. That virtually guarantees a booker won't use you again.
Old 02-11-2015, 17:00   #1759
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Reminds me of that pretty bland WM match between Goldberg and Lesnar in which the majority of reaction was for Austin

Shame too, I'd love another Goldberg WWE stint but the guy has little love left for the business, he's open for a return but it's always been on his terms.

Anyone follow the Austin podcasts? I just recently started taking notice, specifically the Lesnar one and how he made claims there was no one but him to beat the streak, something which I completely deny for different reasons to the ones he gave.
Old 02-11-2015, 19:19   #1760
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze

I agree that there were more deserving people to break the streak. But Taker made it known to Vince the only person he'd let break the streak was Lesnar.

Personally, I have no problem with Cena. Only thing I have ever had against him is the damn stupid Superman rubbish, where he'd get beat down for the majority of a match then power up win and show no sign of the beating he took.
Old 02-11-2015, 23:27   #1761
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Personally, I have no problem with Cena. Only thing I have ever had against him is the damn stupid Superman rubbish, where he'd get beat down for the majority of a match then power up win and show no sign of the beating he took.
I have read on the web that Lesnar and Cena is not set to be on WWE TV until mid December.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 00:53   #1762
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
I have read on the web that Lesnar and Cena is not set to be on WWE TV until mid December.
Cena is of our screens for a bit for personal reasons, don't know about Lesnar don't care either he is just a part timer anyway who imo should never of broken takers streak that should of been Bray Wyatt and the torch passed.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 01:01   #1763
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Cena is of our screens for a bit for personal reasons, don't know about Lesnar don't care either he is just a part timer anyway who imo should never of broken takers streak that should of been Bray Wyatt and the torch passed.
Bray Wyatt is just in WWE due to his Dad.

Roman Reigns should have broke takers streak.
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 03:39   #1764
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Re: WWE (no spoilers for 24 hours

Quote:
He's in WWE due to his hard work.

Quote:
And have the crowd turn on him even more than they do now?
Old 03-11-2015, 07:21   #1765
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

Let's be honest, Daniel Bryan could have ended the streak and he'd be booed now. Whoever broke it was never going to be popular with the universe. I had an inkling Lesnar would end it, but I did think it was going to be an epic thing and Taker would retire with it in tact.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:58   #1766
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

DB would have been the wrong person to end it, no logic there at all. At least with Lesnar they're running with the 'beast' angle from it.

Yes Taker should have retired unbeaten at WM but if anyone was to end it it should have been a new guy and the only one I can think of right now who could come close to being the right person would be Braun Strowman. He's big and they're putting him over as a monster. As long as they kept pushing him as a top monster heel then it could have made sense.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:11   #1767
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:

You could say Roman Reigns is in WWE due to who his cousin is.
Obviously that isn't the case but if you're suggesting Bray is in WWE because of his dad you are mistaken.
Bray Wyatt has been mis-handled by WWE he is a good hard worker very talented.
Look at how badly WWE treat the Ascension too one of the most exciting tag teams around on NXT and WWE treat them like crap when they move upto the main roster, other examples of hard good in ring workers being treated poorly by WWE Rusev, Cesaro, Wade Barret, Cody Rhodes the list goes on.
Reigns certainly deserves a title shot imo but imo the wyatt family are very interesting at the moment especially with their recent antics.
Ideally i would like to see a Reigns v Ambrose v Rollins triple threat for the title with Reigns winning, then further down the line Ambrose gets the title (i'm a huge Ambrose fan btw lol).
I would also like to see Rusev, Cesaro, the ascension treated much better in WWE.

---------- Post added at 12:10 ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Let's be honest, Daniel Bryan could have ended the streak and he'd be booed now. Whoever broke it was never going to be popular with the universe. I had an inkling Lesnar would end it, but I did think it was going to be an epic thing and Taker would retire with it in tact.
I think Taker will retire at this years Survivor Series, it ends where it all began, also this year is the 25th annerversary of The Undertaker.

---------- Post added at 12:11 ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
DB would have been the wrong person to end it, no logic there at all. At least with Lesnar they're running with the 'beast' angle from it.

Yes Taker should have retired unbeaten at WM but if anyone was to end it it should have been a new guy and the only one I can think of right now who could come close to being the right person would be Braun Strowman. He's big and they're putting him over as a monster. As long as they kept pushing him as a top monster heel then it could have made sense.
I have a bad feeling we will see a Rusev all over again with Strowman a unstoppable monster then superman Cena defeats him and he becomes a jobber.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 21:17   #1768
wwe
cf.mega poster

Services: Telewest Phone Telewest BroadBand Telewest Digital Tv v+ HD
wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

Hi do you know the tour dates for wwe next year?
wwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 22:59   #1769
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

Not that I can see. Just seen that Seth Rollins is out with a nasty knee injury, apparently tore both the ACL and MCL, as well as the meniscus. Reckon he will be out for 6 to 9 months, a tournament will be held at Survivor Series for new champion. Roman Reigns the favourite to win it.

Got to give massive respect to Rollins, he injured it in a match against Kane in Dublin during a house show, and still finished the match. If that had been me, I'd have been like forget it I can't do anything.
Old 12-11-2015, 06:07   #1770
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

When WWE guys get injured in a match - especially the top guys - they have to be very smart about how they deal with it. Ending a match without a finish is likely to kill a spot at main event level. With someone as experienced as Kane they'll usually find a way to call an audible.

My prediction for the title: Reigns will take it obviously but WITH the help of the Authority (maybe he'll win clean but Shamus will cash in, be about to beat Reigns but HHH will interfere?) and given how he blew them off on Raw will give his (overdue) heel turn a bit more sting. His first title feud will be with Ambrose, Cesaro will likely be along too.

This will lead to Wrestlemania where as long he'll face the returning Rollins who will now be face.