Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | charged for everything!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

charged for everything!

Old 05-03-2012, 20:52   #1
theyowememoney
Inactive

theyowememoney is an unknown quantity at this point
charged for everything!

Wondered if anyone was having the same problem.
Today my daughters phone was 'suspended' as she had apparently exceeded her credit limit! The account is in my name but they had not contacted me. It appears that over the past 8 days due to an IT error she has been charged for EVERYTHING despite being on a contract. In 8 days she had run up £56 of calls, texts, BBM and internet use despite all this being inclusive of her package. This also ran over two months bills! and in just 5 days of this month has £40 of charges.
Despite the fact that it is there fault I wont actually be refunded this £40 untill the month after I pay it and the bill is due 28th of March so I wont get repaid untill the end of April!

I have also been unable to access the account for the phone for the past 7 hours despite the fact I can access my own phone account!

Despite asking the call centre to send me an email confirming the fault was Virgins and that I would be refunded and also emailing them asking for said same email I am still awaiting that confirmation.

On the plus side, I know the cap of £50 I insisted was put on the account actually works and didnt allow them to leave it £500 as I would have had a HUGE bill to pay this month and be severely been out of pocket.

PLEASE PLEASE all be aware of this issue as you too could be severely out of pocket!

---------- Post added at 20:52 ---------- Previous post was at 19:58 ----------

AND they have just suspended the account again! offering another free 3ootxts and minutes plus another gb to use this month which is totally useless as despite having them 4hrs ago we have exceeded the limit and my daughter goes no where near her limit each month
theyowememoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2012, 21:03   #2
paulsouth

Services: sky+hd 1TB freeview virgin bb 30mbps
Re: charged for everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyowememoney View Post
Wondered if anyone was having the same problem.
Today my daughters phone was 'suspended' as she had apparently exceeded her credit limit! The account is in my name but they had not contacted me. It appears that over the past 8 days due to an IT error she has been charged for EVERYTHING despite being on a contract. In 8 days she had run up £56 of calls, texts, BBM and internet use despite all this being inclusive of her package. This also ran over two months bills! and in just 5 days of this month has £40 of charges.
Despite the fact that it is there fault I wont actually be refunded this £40 untill the month after I pay it and the bill is due 28th of March so I wont get repaid untill the end of April!

I have also been unable to access the account for the phone for the past 7 hours despite the fact I can access my own phone account!

Despite asking the call centre to send me an email confirming the fault was Virgins and that I would be refunded and also emailing them asking for said same email I am still awaiting that confirmation.

On the plus side, I know the cap of £50 I insisted was put on the account actually works and didnt allow them to leave it £500 as I would have had a HUGE bill to pay this month and be severely been out of pocket.

PLEASE PLEASE all be aware of this issue as you too could be severely out of pocket!

---------- Post added at 20:52 ---------- Previous post was at 19:58 ----------

AND they have just suspended the account again! offering another free 3ootxts and minutes plus another gb to use this month which is totally useless as despite having them 4hrs ago we have exceeded the limit and my daughter goes no where near her limit each month
u should lower your contract,i had to do that with my cable tv with virgin.. i had all the premium sports and movie channels,every month it got cut off,usualy 2 days after i pyed my bill,it got on my nurves.i went mental at virgin down the phone..they told me to lower the contract,it shouldnt happen again.so i got rid of sports and movies,since the virgin media has never cut me off since..plus it saves me 20per month..
Old 05-03-2012, 21:05   #3
theyowememoney
Inactive

theyowememoney is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: charged for everything!

seriously considering cancelling everything we have with them. they will be losing over £120 worth of business
theyowememoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 22:20   #4
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Call retentions, and tell them that you are considering taking your whole account elswhere unless they sort it out. And that if they take the full amount then you will report them for an unauthorised withdrawl.
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 22:25   #5
okun69
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Triple XL, 500GB Tivo, V+
okun69 has a spectacular aura about themokun69 has a spectacular aura about themokun69 has a spectacular aura about themokun69 has a spectacular aura about them

This has also happened to both my daughters and my phone contract this evening! Just got off the phone from A Virgin Mobile Customer Service Manager and have been told that this is due to an IT error because of the Leap Year!
I was told that it was affecting all contracts. Not been told given any idea of when it might be fixed, no idea if they will be informing affected customers. It sounds like a complete and utter shambles!
okun69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:18   #6
fitssssy
Inactive

fitssssy is an unknown quantity at this point

I have had similar problems, my refresh date was the 29th instead of refreshing they removed my bundle and charged me for everything.

I spent an hour on the phone yesterday and was told it would be sorted. Checked my account today and the bundle has been put back on but they were still charging me £17.79 for usage over the weekend.

Another hour on the phone this morning and it has been sorted apart from a 30pence charge that they can't expalin. I also can't get a straight answer as to whether my contract has restarted or is still halfway through.

The Leap Year bug, I wonder if any other companies got caught out.

---------- Post added at 12:18 ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 ----------

As I clicked enter for my last post the phone went.

Nice lady explained what the problem had been and removed the 30pence charge as well as giving me next month free. I would say that was good customer service impressed that they rang back to be honest.
fitssssy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 13:30   #7
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

My daughter's pdf bill shows many "text to another network" all at £0.00, but the summary at the top of the bill shows "Text to another network - 2844 - £6.00"

Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 19:47   #8
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
My daughter's pdf bill shows many "text to another network" all at £0.00, but the summary at the top of the bill shows "Text to another network - 2844 - £6.00"

Is she sending pictures to a printer?
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 19:56   #9
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Nope. No printer.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:19   #10
Nanook
Inactive

Services: VM 30Mb, Tivo 1TB
Nanook is a name known to allNanook is a name known to allNanook is a name known to allNanook is a name known to allNanook is a name known to allNanook is a name known to allNanook is a name known to allNanook is a name known to all

My daughter is on the PAYG addict extra & uses almost all her 3,000 free texts.
Nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2012, 17:11   #11
AaronCooper
Inactive

AaronCooper will become famous soon enoughAaronCooper will become famous soon enoughAaronCooper will become famous soon enough

I called virgin mobile about this today, okun is correct. Their systems went haywire due to the leap year so calls and texts since then are being charged instead of coming out of your allowance.

They are currently trying to fix this by crediting everyones account with the amount they have been overcharged. Might take a while and a lot of man power i would assume..
AaronCooper is offline   Reply With Quote