Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Credit Limit

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Credit Limit

Old 11-11-2012, 19:07   #1
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze age
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age
Credit Limit

Tried to get my virgin mobile account credit limit reduced to £0 as a child is using this account, and i know with Three the credit limit is able to be reduced to £0 so why with Virgin Mobile the limit is £50?

Can anyone confirm its £50 as this is ridiculous, and i've read some people have had theirs reduced to £30?
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2012, 19:58   #2
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon
Re: Credit Limit

Mine is £75. Depends on credit history I think.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 20:03   #3
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
Tried to get my virgin mobile account credit limit reduced to £0 as a child is using this account, and i know with Three the credit limit is able to be reduced to £0 so why with Virgin Mobile the limit is £50?

Can anyone confirm its £50 as this is ridiculous, and i've read some people have had theirs reduced to £30?

I do know that when my son used all his unlimited texts he also used his credit limit and it cost me over a hundred pounds ,i asked to remove the limit so the next time he used all his unlimited texts i wouldn't get a bill ,
computer said no
Old 11-11-2012, 20:24   #4
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

How about you take the phone off them, or give them a PAYG account instead if they abuse your trust?

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 20:29   #5
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
How about you take the phone off them, or give them a PAYG account instead if they abuse your trust?
made him pay for it ,although it has to be said at first there was some confusion over the word "unlimited"
Old 11-11-2012, 21:03   #6
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Sadly the credit limit has nothing to do with your call plan rather your Credit History as a customer, so the only way to prevent anyone going over their limit is to put them on Pay As You Go.

My credit limit is £150 and for some reason I am also in credit on my bill which is great with Christmas approaching.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:09   #7
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age

I don't really understand. My credit limit with them was £275, i want to make my credit limit £0 so i don't go over. why do i need to have a good credit history with them to make the limit 0?
Old 12-11-2012, 13:09   #8
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

My handicapped daughter often went over her "unlimited" tariff minutes/texts, so I too tried to get her credit limit reduced to £0.... and they refused and refused and refused.

They just want to make money I suppose.

PAYG would be far more expensive in her case.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 16:46   #9
Zee
Inactive

i called them up since they could only reduce my limit to £50. i asked them to block premium rate numbers, they said they can only block 0900 numbers, all the rest they cant block. They cant block premium rate text messages either.

I said Three are able to block all services they said its because three have their own network and virgin use T-Mobile.

This cant be ride surly? they cant block anything or reduce the credit limit?
Old 12-11-2012, 20:50   #10
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

The credit limit has nothing whatsoever to do with the amount of calls you can go over by it is your standing with the company so the higher the better.

To prevent anyone getting excessive charges you must go Pay As You Go as once you run out of your package everything stops.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote