Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 09-12-2012, 01:28   #3001
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

They changed some routing stuff 3 or 4 days ago after seeing something wrong with the traffic going across the Croydon core network. Seems that caused some areas to get a lower minimum latency while others saw it increase the same amount.

While they was fiddling I had a brilliant connection for 2 hours, 14ms with 1 jitter. Considering I have had high latency, serious jitter and packetloss for 6 months it was unusual. Then they changed it again and I got massive jitter off peak too, much worse than it usually is.

Im sure they did some core routing changes in multiple places which is affecting many peeps in different ways.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2012, 10:26   #3002
buckleb
Inactive

Services: Vivid 200 Tivo 500GB
buckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of light

I'm going to resist the temptation to make quips asking if this is the new STM in action.....

No TV either (again)
buckleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:53   #3003
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Consistently excellent since last week's minor evening bump.

roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 19:04   #3004
babis3g
Inactive

Services: >100Mb<TV M+,TiVo 1T,V HD >Phone M
babis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to behold

It use to be similar to yours...
Now is going bad again (jitter tested between 6-7pm with r37)

babis3g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 19:14   #3005
ileikcaek
cf.addict

ileikcaek has disabled reputation

^ Ditto on that, mine was good for ages then the other day BAM! Now it's all over the place with a slightly higher minimum (green) latency than ever before. No idea what happened but it's annoying.
ileikcaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 22:21   #3006
Dash: CF noob
cf.geek

Services: VM MAXIT TV360 Volt 1gb. SH5 WIN 10 7" Tab, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Dash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickymallory View Post
^ Ditto on that, mine was good for ages then the other day BAM! Now it's all over the place with a slightly higher minimum (green) latency than ever before. No idea what happened but it's annoying.

Try a reboot fixed mine recently, not sure whats going on now.
Dash: CF noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:29   #3007
ileikcaek
cf.addict

ileikcaek has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash: CF noob View Post
Try a reboot fixed mine recently, not sure whats going on now.
oh believe me when I say I tried everything! I have a thread on it.

after a weekend of pretty messy graphs it seems to have stabilized today after a spike just after midnight last night. gonna have to keep an eye on it though! I hadn't seen the graph so bad in a while as the past few days.

ileikcaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 13:26   #3008
Rashboots
Inactive

Rashboots is an unknown quantity at this point

All OK for me in Teesside!
Rashboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 15:47   #3009
Meekel
Inactive

Meekel is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like my SH rebooted itself today. Gave me a new IP address as well.

Ohh, and moved to SGYL32 from 33 and got another downstream channel. Maybe coinciding with the work that was to be finished on the 12th.

Live graph below:

Meekel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 20:58   #3010
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Looking like the best full day I have had in a long time.

Pingtest backs it up too, can't remember the last time jitter was this low:

Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 22:25   #3011
Izza1967
Inactive

Izza1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is mine, been similar each night for over a month now, was suppossed to be fixed on the 12th December but as you can see it hasn't
Izza1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2012, 11:19   #3012
iateallthepies
Permanently Banned

iateallthepies is a jewel in the roughiateallthepies is a jewel in the roughiateallthepies is a jewel in the roughiateallthepies is a jewel in the roughiateallthepies is a jewel in the rough

A change was made to the 2 CMTS supplying our area.

2am a change in latency alot higher on the CMTS`S

My Broadband Ping

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/s...3-12-2012.html

If you look back to the 13th you will see the switch.
iateallthepies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2012, 15:46   #3013
Rashboots
Inactive

Rashboots is an unknown quantity at this point

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

Something funky going on in Teesside yesterday!
Rashboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2012, 16:17   #3014
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

its going on everywhere. i think VMs route work may of caused it. a simple re-sync sorts it out.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2012, 17:31   #3015
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
its going on everywhere. i think VMs route work may of caused it. a simple re-sync sorts it out.
Not here.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote