Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Gift to VM employees/agency workers.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Gift to VM employees/agency workers.
Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 16:53   #106
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Gift to VM employees/agency workers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Just because a lot of CF members have steered clear of commenting on your apparent fascination with VM employees do not assume that we haven't noticed what you have been posting or that we condone the sometimes condescending tone of those posts.
I was never sure whether they were condescending or patronising - then I realised they were probably both.....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2012, 17:28   #107
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

To be frank I think that this thread has run its course and should now be closed due to the fact that these books were originally Christmas presents of a sort and as it is now March plus the fact the reason behind it has always been rather suspect.

I doubt that many members will be unhappy to see it closed.
Old 07-03-2012, 17:33   #108
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_ View Post
To be frank I think that this thread has run its course and should now be closed due to the fact that these books were originally Christmas presents of a sort and as it is now March plus the fact the reason behind it has always been rather suspect.

I doubt that many members will be unhappy to see it closed.
Gets my vote but what will be the next reason for the continued questioning of VM staff on here about there employer employee relationship

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Old 07-03-2012, 17:35   #109
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
You are, of course, entitled to your opinion, but remember it is only your opinion and you cannot speak for anyone else.
Absolutely, but I doubt most people know of the existence of/care about this thread enough to participate. Only one extra person has cared enough to make a post about it, the rest being made by the usual crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
So, beyond the practical aspect of having paper to burn or stuff in their sleeping bag for warmth, what makes you think that the homeless would be any more interested in this book than a redundant VM Staffer? For that matter, what makes you think they would be any less offended? After all, in both cases, it could be percieved that Richard Branson is telling them how well he has done, and how well they haven't. Essentially, rubbing their noses in it.
VM staff were not obliged to accept this gift, indeed many didn't, and neither will the homeless be required to do so if they do not wish to.

Remember, the homeless are often at rock bottom, have low self esteem and believe no-one cares about them. A gift to open on Christmas day (whatever it is) is more important than the material possession. It may well be the only gift/card that they receive.

From the knowledge that I have about him, I do not think that Richard Branson is that sort of person. The homeless may actually receive some inspiration from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I was never sure whether they were condescending or patronising - then I realised they were probably both.....
I'm sorry you feel like that. Nevertheless, this will not stop me and others helping those less fortunate than ourselves.
Old 07-03-2012, 17:46   #110
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Or you could try to change the tone and manner of your posts....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 07-03-2012, 17:51   #111
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

As this thread is now verging on the ridiculous I will unsubscribe from it and hope that either it dies a natural death or the team see fit to close it with it being well past Christmas.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:34   #112
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I don't think the vast majority of CF members care either way.
Still sidestepping my questions.You are very good at that.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:36   #113
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Still sidestepping my questions.You are very good at that.
Don't worry about it Maggy as the more he avoids answering the more he's saying about himself which either way is detrimental to how the rest see his point of view
Old 08-03-2012, 12:40   #114
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

What I really dislike is how much of a Uriah Heep he sounds like.
Old 08-03-2012, 13:06   #115
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Don't worry about it Maggy as the more he avoids answering the more he's saying about himself which either way is detrimental to how the rest see his point of view
As previously explained, tactics to try and manipulate me into making inappropriate disclosures will not work- I have been in business for many years. Your point was made professionally and politely though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
What I really dislike is how much of a Uriah Heep he sounds like.
It's a shame you seem to prefer being gratuitously caustic, rather than contributing constructively to help those less fortunate than ourselves.

Remember, anybody can end up homeless. All it takes is the loss of a job, an accident, a relationship breakdown etc

Back on topic, I am awaiting a reply to an email to try and get the books out of the building before VM hand over the keys to the landlords agent.

The next issue is getting the books from Liverpool to Leeds. None of our vans travel on that route, so can everybody please rack their brains to think of anybody that could help? If we can't collectively muster any help on here, don't worry, all is not lost as many of our staff have kindly made appeals on facebook, so something may be sorted out that way
Old 08-03-2012, 13:17   #116
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
As previously explained, tactics to try and manipulate me into making inappropriate disclosures will not work- I have been in business for many years. Your point was made professionally and politely though

It's a shame you seem to prefer being gratuitously caustic, rather than contributing constructively to help those less fortunate than ourselves.

Remember, anybody can end up homeless. All it takes is the loss of a job, an accident, a relationship breakdown etc

Back on topic, I am awaiting a reply to an email to try and get the books out of the building before VM hand over the keys to the landlords agent.

The next issue is getting the books from Liverpool to Leeds. None of our vans travel on that route, so can everybody please rack their brains to think of anybody that could help? If we can't collectively muster any help on here, don't worry, all is not lost as many of our staff have kindly made appeals on facebook, so something may be sorted out that way
You could always cycle over. I believe the canal towpath is a nice route between Liverpool and Leeds.
Old 08-03-2012, 13:37   #117
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

lol, alas, i'm unable to cycle (disabled), but it was a good idea!

I have a friend who lives near Huddersfield that is a keen cyclist, so he may be able to help, depending on how many books are left.

Does anybody know how many books remain at Albert Dock?
Old 08-03-2012, 14:18   #118
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Electric wheelchair with a buggy in tow?
Old 08-03-2012, 14:41   #119
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

I suggest that we take this person at the face value he has placed on himself and refuse to interact with him any further.

He has no validity in questioning anyone who is a VM staff member and he has no authority to do anything to anyone however much he tries to threaten.He is the worst kind of bully just like the Dickens character I already mentioned.

Avoid him,do not engage with him,do not reply however much he annoys you.He can do nothing but keep trying to annoy and if we ALL fail to react then he can only hold a conversation with himself.

Of course if you like being treated as if you are an idiot by all means continue interacting with him but please don't whine when he upsets you.
Old 08-03-2012, 15:23   #120
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
As previously explained, tactics to try and manipulate me into making inappropriate disclosures will not work
It wasn't a tactic (which again says a lot about how you see this thread.. ) Instead it was simply just the truth.. I don't care if you answer Maggy's questions but that doesn't change the result as to your excuses and refusal to answer.
Closed Thread