Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Gift to VM employees/agency workers.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Gift to VM employees/agency workers.
Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 20:08   #76
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Gift to VM employees/agency workers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Apologies, I have been taking my first ever break in Snowdonia for the last week or so (beautiful place btw, I do recommend it to anyone)

I have answered your question as far as I am able to within the confines of commercial sensitivity and corporate confidentiality.
I seemed to have missed that particular post.Could you give me the number of the post please?
Old 05-03-2012, 20:15   #77
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Yes, being perfectly serious. Rather than waste the books, it would be a nice gesture to give the unwanted books as presents to the disadvantaged. It may possibly be the only gift that they receive (even if they don't read it, the act of giving shows them that someone cares).

Just because someone has become homeless doesn't mean they are not intelligent or that they necessarily have literacy problems.

Why do you believe that this is a bad idea?

Well, see it from the perspective of the disadvantaged. Along comes Santa Coulter with a sackful of goodies. Smiles all round. What could it be? Mars Bars? Tuck boxes? Hampers? Some clothes? Superhubs?

No - it's RB's book. Faces fall.

EVERYONE else can see that except you, apparently. Anyway, do please go to Albert Dock, pick up a lod of those books, give them out at Easter or Christmas (letting us know where that was so we can check what they thought about it) and report back.

My advice is at your risk.
Old 05-03-2012, 20:29   #78
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Apologies, I have been taking my first ever break in Snowdonia for the last week or so (beautiful place btw, I do recommend it to anyone)

I have answered your question as far as I am able to within the confines of commercial sensitivity and corporate confidentiality.

...snippety snip snip snip....
So you have had to sign an NDA with Virgin Media?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 05-03-2012, 21:30   #79
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Anyway, do please go to Albert Dock, pick up a lod of those books, give them out at Easter or Christmas (letting us know where that was so we can check what they thought about it) and report back.
He will have to be quick as very soon that is all that will be left in the building.
Old 06-03-2012, 00:02   #80
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
I seemed to have missed that particular post.Could you give me the number of the post please?
I have answered your questions within this thread as far as I am able to, unfortunately I am unable to help you any further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Well, see it from the perspective of the disadvantaged. Along comes Santa Coulter with a sackful of goodies. Smiles all round. What could it be? Mars Bars? Tuck boxes? Hampers? Some clothes? Superhubs?

No - it's RB's book. Faces fall.

EVERYONE else can see that except you, apparently. Anyway, do please go to Albert Dock, pick up a lod of those books, give them out at Easter or Christmas (letting us know where that was so we can check what they thought about it) and report back.
We don't normally have the resources to give them a gift to take away, so I think something like this would be a nice gesture. Many people give books as gifts at Christmas, i've received many over the years myself and I bet you have too. Two of our kitchen assistants have already offered to wrap them in Christmas paper in their own time and at their own expense, which humbled me.

It would also help to alleviate the boredom of being on the streets for a short time.

If this does go ahead and if I remember this thread, i'll happily keep you informed of how things went

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
So you have had to sign an NDA with Virgin Media?
No, but at times we all have to operate within agreed parameters and this is one of those occasions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_ View Post
He will have to be quick as very soon that is all that will be left in the building.
lol, if VM decide to close Albert Dock earlier than planned, due to viability issues, access could still be arranged as the lease still runs for a few more months. VM are liable to pay the contractual rent until the lease expires, so will still have access to the building.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:57   #81
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

You haven't answered Maggy at all. Persistently ignoring and dodging her question then claiming you've answered it 'somewhere' just makes it look like you you don't have a clue but are too embarrassed to admit it.

Going on to say "I'd like to explain but I'm not allowed to" just reinforces that and looks like you want to come across as "in the know" without actually having any specific knowledge but want to retain the impression that you do.

As such nobody is able to take anything you say seriously.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 06-03-2012, 07:13   #82
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
You haven't answered Maggy at all. Persistently ignoring and dodging her question then claiming you've answered it 'somewhere' just makes it look like you you don't have a clue but are too embarrassed to admit it.

Going on to say "I'd like to explain but I'm not allowed to" just reinforces that and looks like you want to come across as "in the know" without actually having any specific knowledge but want to retain the impression that you do.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Old 06-03-2012, 14:59   #83
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:

I have responded to her as far as I am able to within my aggregated answers.

Such tactics to tell you anything more than is appropriate will not work.

I have no interest in whether you believe I am "in the know" or not (about what, exactly, is anybodys guess.)

I now regard this matter as closed.

Moving onto more positive things, can everybody have a think to see if they know anybody that regularly travels between Liverpool and Leeds (where the books will be stored until Christmas), that would be kind enough to drop the books off, should my idea go ahead? Cheers
Old 06-03-2012, 15:15   #84
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
I now regard this matter as closed.
I'm sure you do.

Making such claims and and comments in this thread then hiding behind "I can't tell you any more" translates to the rest of us as "I don't really know anything but I want you to think I do". It's the sort of thing that has gone on on CF for years and many other forums around the world for a lot longer.

If you can't/won't expand on your claims then that's fine, nobody is forcing you to however I'm sure we will all let the matter lie as long as you're fully aware that no-one will believe you or the claims you make.

Unfortunately we won't consider the matter closed as you've made some pretty impressive claims which I suspect were designed to get a response. now you've had such a response, you can't seriously expect people to just let it drop.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 06-03-2012, 16:09   #85
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:

Unfortunately we won't consider the matter closed as you've made some pretty impressive claims which I suspect were designed to get a response. now you've had such a response, you can't seriously expect people to just let it drop.
I was once told by my father if you open pandora's box be prepared for something you may not like, why do i feel this is such an occasion

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Old 06-03-2012, 17:13   #86
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:

Moving onto more positive things, can everybody have a think to see if they know anybody that regularly travels between Liverpool and Leeds (where the books will be stored until Christmas), that would be kind enough to drop the books off, should my idea go ahead? Cheers
They will probably be binned as I doubt they will go to another office.
Old 06-03-2012, 18:51   #87
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

I hope not, as it would be very wasteful to throw something away that could give people less fortunate than ourselves a little pleasure.
Old 06-03-2012, 18:53   #88
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Who - redundant VM staff?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 06-03-2012, 19:06   #89
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
I hope not, as it would be very wasteful to throw something away that could give people less fortunate than ourselves a little pleasure.
I rather doubt they will be seen again more likely to end up in recycling with the reams of shredded paper any office of that size will have generated, in my eyes it would be the best place for them.
Old 06-03-2012, 19:24   #90
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Richard, are you engaged in some sort of covert survey? This is a very particular and IMO peculiar line of questioning if this is for just your own personal interest. Once again you are showing a bizarre fascination with the thoughts and feelings of VM staff on this forum.
Closed Thread