Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Boxing 2011

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Boxing 2011

Old 07-04-2011, 09:09   #1
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Boxing 2011

This section lacked a boxing thread from what I can see.

Basically the same format as the other sports threads.

Schedule/Results etc. Reviews

In for a decent year if all goes to plan

First up for the 2 main British Fights of the year.

Amir Khan vs Paul McCloskey (Sky Box Office I think)

Real no brainer on which way this will go, Simple squash fight for Khan.
Have Paul talk his side then watch as Khan flattens him inside 3 rounds, Call this a warm up if you like because we all know the main attraction will be later on in the year with Khan set to take on Bradley hopefully around Nov-Dec, That is sure to be a bigger test than his last American outing because Bradley is no pushover.

David Haye vs Wladimir Klitschko (Sky Box Office)

Biggest boxing fight in years!!

Can't wait to see this one happen whether it does or not this time remains to be seen. Haye funnily enough is heading into this one as being the 'underdog' and has been somewhat rather underestimated. Give Wlad his credit but he is not as good as what the critics make him out to be and the fact is Haye is stupidly fast and packs one hell of a punch.

Manny Pacquiao vs. Shane Mosley (Sky Sports 1-2)

Another fight to look forward too after the Mayweather saga from last year.
Mayweather has already knocked Mosley out of the way via UD. If we cant get those two to fight why not compare. If Manny comes up short in a fight like this it will just open the door for Mayweather to pounce. Shame really but we know Manny is unstoppable at the moment.

Thats the three main big fights of the year then.

Will post the remainder that are shown on Sky Sports 1-3 when they become available.

Your views?
Old 15-04-2011, 12:46   #2
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Boxing 2011

Amir Khan's fight tommorow will not be shown on Sky sports or Sky box office.

This is a world title fight and will now be shown on Primetime PPV
Old 01-07-2011, 18:04   #3
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

David Haye vs Wladimir Klitschko

Fight of the Century is a mere 26 hours away!

Live on Sky Box Office!
Old 01-07-2011, 18:08   #4
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
David Haye vs Wladimir Klitschko

Fight of the Century is a mere 26 hours away!

Live on Sky Box Office!
Overhyped and not worth the astronomical fee they are charging for the fight.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 13:14   #5
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

I wouldn't say its overhyped but it is definately overpriced like all boxing is on sky box office.

I'm going for Haye to win by KO in the 4th. If it goes the distance he won't win, he needs to knock him out and go for it early imo.
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 13:20   #6
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK View Post
I wouldn't say its overhyped but it is definately overpriced like all boxing is on sky box office.

I'm going for Haye to win by KO in the 4th. If it goes the distance he won't win, he needs to knock him out and go for it early imo.
He has to get Klitschko on the run very early in the fight in my mind to win it as Klitschko does not like being moved around that much.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:16   #7
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Haye was pathetic and has let a lot of people down so the best he can offer now is a rematch because there is no way that was David Haye at his best. His best could level Wlad in a second and not once did he throw a punch with the intention of winning the fight. He then had the cheek to throw his hands in the air like he had won the fight after the 12 round bell.

Upcoming

Amir Khan vs Zab Judah

Khan will eventually be the P4P best boxer in the world. It's a matter of time and with his current trainer he looks unbeatable. He is the fastest and his speed combined with his power make him lethal and almost identical to Manny with Khan being the younger and faster of the two.

There will be only one tasty fight for Khan after the next few... Mayweather.

As good as Khan is, Mayweather is a boxing genius but funny things can happen when you face someone as fast as Khan.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:50   #8
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Good to see a boxing thread, my favourite sport!

Before Khan Vs. Judah there are 2 British cards I'm really looking forward too.

16th July 2011 - SKY Sports
Venue: Echo Arena, Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom

John Murray (31-0-0) Vs. Kevin Mitchell (31-1-0)
Ricky Burns (31-2-0) Vs. Nicky Cook (30-2-0)
Tony Bellew (15-0-0) Vs. Ovill McKenzie (18-10-0)

23rd July 2011 - Channel 5
Venue: Wembley Arena, Wembley, London, United Kingdom

Dereck Chisora (14-0-0) Vs. Tyson Fury (14-0-0)
Ashley Theophane (29-4-1) Vs. Jason Cook (28-3-1)

It's great to see British boxing back on terrestrial TV, especially on a Saturday night at primetime. I fancy Chisora to K.O. Fury.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:37   #9
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Yes l like my Boxing but l will not pay any extra for it.
Old 19-07-2011, 23:43   #10
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Amir Khan vs Zab Judah

Live on Primetime @ 1am Saturday (£15)

Simple squash match for Khan setting up Bradley who is trying his best to dodge Khan.

Khan will then pursue Mayweather which would set up an unbelievable contest pitting Genius against pure speed and power.

As I have said I truly believe Amir Khan will be the P4P best boxer on the planet.
Old 22-07-2011, 19:54   #11
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Tyson Fury Vs. Dereck Chisora on Channel 5.

I've left a message on Channel 5's message board thanking them for the return of free boxing on terrestrial TV.

Maybe if you've got a couple of mins to spare you can visit their site and add a little comment thanking them for bringing boxing back to British television.

http://www.channel5.com/shows/boxing...isora#comments

I know it's all a bit corny however if they receive plenty of good feedback, and viewing figures are good, we might see a return of regular boxing to subscription free TV.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2011, 19:58   #12
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I've left a message on Channel 5's message board thanking them for the return of free boxing on terrestrial TV.

Maybe if you've got a couple of mins to spare you can visit their site and add a little comment thanking them for bringing boxing back to British television.

http://www.channel5.com/shows/boxing...isora#comments

I know it's all a bit corny however if they receive plenty of good feedback, and viewing figures are good, we might see a return of regular boxing to subscription free TV.
Yes it would be great if we had regular boxing back on subscription free TV.
Old 23-07-2011, 14:06   #13
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Indeed I completely forgot about this until today after a going over the EPG :P

Although its even better that a fight of this calibre is on Channel 5 at all as you would much expect a Heavyweight bout between these two competitors would be making at least Sky Sports 2.

Wasn't Derek set up with Wlad not so long ago?

In interesting news I am expecting David Haye to reverse his decision to retire and pursue a rematch with Wlad by first taking on his brother Vitali.

More than meets the eye for someone that went up against Vlad and didn't even try.
Old 23-07-2011, 14:16   #14
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Indeed I completely forgot about this until today after a going over the EPG :P

Although its even better that a fight of this calibre is on Channel 5 at all as you would much expect a Heavyweight bout between these two competitors would be making at least Sky Sports 2.

Wasn't Derek set up with Wlad not so long ago?

In interesting news I am expecting David Haye to reverse his decision to retire and pursue a rematch with Wlad by first taking on his brother Vitali.

More than meets the eye for someone that went up against Vlad and didn't even try.
The problem with David Haye is he is no Lennox Lewis.
Old 24-07-2011, 04:06   #15
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

When I said Khan would become the P4P king eventually.. It may be a lot sooner..

He absolutely flattened Judah in a masterful bit of boxing.

Timothy Bradley is way out of the question and simply wont go anywhere near Khan after this. I actually think Mayweather wouldn't want any of him either.

Khan destroys Judah in Las Vegas (BBC)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/14259712.stm