Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Outgoing mail server problems with iPhone

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service > Webspace, E-Mail & Browsing Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

incoming email problem

Old 05-09-2009, 22:12   #1
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

Services: 350Mb (Hub 3) | TV: 2x TiVo on XL | Phone
GazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the rough
incoming email problem

Hi,

Has anyone noticed a problem with incoming email on the @ntlworld.com email adddreses. Like slow delivery and the account timeout when checking
GazCBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2009, 23:29   #2
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one
Re: incoming email problem

No problems down here in the home counties.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 16:32   #3
caroline
cf.addict

caroline is just really nicecaroline is just really nicecaroline is just really nicecaroline is just really nicecaroline is just really nicecaroline is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to caroline Send a message via AIM to caroline Send a message via Yahoo to caroline

no problems here either east anglia..
caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 16:37   #4
hansi
cf.geek

hansi is on a distinguished roadhansi is on a distinguished road

No problems in Cardiff
hansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 17:05   #5
matt-h
Inactive

Services: SkyHD , VM BB 60Mb
matt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant future

Just checked mine ( M33 manchester ) and all seems fine.
matt-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 17:13   #6
bensden
Inactive

Services: XL TV M Broadband XL Telephone. Samsung V+
bensden is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Gaz View Post
Hi,

Has anyone noticed a problem with incoming email on the @ntlworld.com email adddreses. Like slow delivery and the account timeout when checking
I have had the same problems with e-mails if using Windows Live Mail, sometimes it works, other times no response even when I know there is mail on the server. but no problems when using Windows mail. Perhaps someone who knows, can advise if Virgin supports Live Mail. I'm on ex Telwest.
bensden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 21:37   #7
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Yes i've been having intermittent problems in Leeds (ex c & W) for the last month. Loads of timeouts. The last few days i've been losing mail due to my inbox being full!! according to an automated message. I remove mail from the server immediately on receipt and I checked on webmail, my inbox, sent and trash folders are empty.

Using Thunderbird and XP home sp3.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 16:47   #8
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

Services: 350Mb (Hub 3) | TV: 2x TiVo on XL | Phone
GazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the rough

I am using Windows Mail Live.
Mail is being held up somewhere, as I sent an email oday from my hosting account to my @ntlworld.com account and it took about 25/30 minutes to receive, but then the next minute it all nice and fast, strange.
GazCBG is offline   Reply With Quote