Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Dreams with meanings.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

clearasil

Old 06-06-2007, 12:11   #1
wwe
cf.mega poster

Services: Telewest Phone Telewest BroadBand Telewest Digital Tv v+ HD
wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack
clearasil

does it really get rid of spots and blackhead?
wwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2007, 12:31   #2
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: clearasil

Different products will work for different skin types and issues. What works for one person won't for another. If you've got a really oily skin I doubt anythign would solve a problem but it might reduce it.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:36   #3
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Talk to your doctor if you think you are suffering a skin complaint. A lot of acne cases can not be controlled or cleared up without proper treatment. Clearasil never worked for me but skin washes with Tea Tree in them are very good.
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 13:27   #4
NoKnowledge
Inactive

NoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwe View Post
Nothing on the market "gets rid of spots".

As long as you keep the skin clean, you'll be helping to aid your skin better and drink plenty of water and don't touch the spots/acne with your fingers - you have dirt (even though you might think its clean) on your fingers (includes perspiration/oils from your fingers) and that will rub off into the spots/acne.

Edit> Doesn't matter what product you use, as long as you have a routine, you'll be helping your skin.
NoKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 21:45   #5
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

I have found WhichDoctor Hazle stick works for small spots.

I had a lot of acne in my teens and went to see my doctor.
There are various tablets you can take and one of the strongest is Roaccutane. (No idea of the spelling).
It can dry your skin and I had cracked lips, nose bleeds, so it is the last solution.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 21:47   #6
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Yeah, Witch-hazel "Witch Doctor" is very good.

Toothpaste can actually be useful sometimes, too.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 15:56   #7
wwe
cf.mega poster

wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

which stuff gets rid of blackheads the most
Old 10-06-2007, 22:05   #8
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

I think that when it gets to the more advanced stage you need to treat the problem with a prescribed cream or prescribed tablets to fight it from the inside.
Your doctor can reccomend what is best for you.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 20:16   #9
Nidge

Services: Virgin, phone and 50meg Broadband.

Quote:

Don't use soap on your face, soap is the major cause of blackheads.
Old 11-06-2007, 20:33   #10
wwe
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidge View Post
Don't use soap on your face, soap is the major cause of blackheads.
how is it?
Old 13-06-2007, 12:13   #11
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
how is it?
This may be of interest to you
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6748207.stm
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 12:54   #12
Salu
Inactive

Services: VM TV package. VM phone and 200MB internet & slow Tivo
Salu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronze
Salu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronzeSalu is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Salu

Having acne, wwe at your age is a very common problem and understandably embarrassing. I would recommend a visit to your Dr who is very used to seeing this sort of problem and will offer you some advice and reassurance. Certain drugs can cause or worsen the problem and so reviewing your medication will be worthwhile.

If you’re interested the cause is not entirely known but there is some debate over the sebaceous glands' overreaction to a surge in certain pubescent hormones or indeed certain bacteria may be to blame.

As to the effectiveness of clearosil. I'm not sure.... but its cheap enough to try..
Salu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 13:26   #13
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I never use soap (i do use shower gel, face wash, and carex though before someone gets smart), Have very few problems. The face wash I use seems to be very good for this kind of stuff since I rarely have spots since I started using it. Nivea face wash
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 13:45   #14
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars

Solutions containing salicylic acid are, in my experience, the most effective.

Johnson & Johnson's Clean & Clear is effective
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 14:30   #15
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars

The only body washing products I use are shampoo and handwash.
I just shower regularly.
If I had the oppertunity, I'd stop using shampoo and let my hair return to it's natural clean state.
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote