Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Giving away my sky+ hd box

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Giving away my sky+ hd box

Old 17-02-2011, 21:58   #1
bazza106
Inactive

bazza106 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Giving away my sky+ hd box

Hi there, Im giving my aunt my old sky+ hd box, she already had
Sky, does she just put her viewing card in and away she goes?
Will the record work? Ect?
She's not fussed about hd just the record
Any help will be great .
bazza106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-02-2011, 23:16   #2
multiskilled
cf.geek

Services: Player tv , V6, phone l, bb 100Meg.
multiskilled has reached the bronze age
multiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze age
Re: Giving away my sky+ hd box

She will have to get the card paired to the new box, just a phone call to sky. If she subscribes to sky the record function will work if not it's £10 per month to enable it. She will get some hd channels free bbc1/hd etc.
Old 20-02-2011, 08:14   #3
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

She needs 2 feeds for the record function to work fully unless she is happy to record what channel she is viewing.
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:58   #4
the-cable-guy
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky+ HD All Entertainment Packs, VM M TV, BT Unlimited Anytime, VM Talk Weekend Phone, VM XXL BB
the-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the rough

i cant confirm if it works myself but many people have said that if you leave a Sky+ or Sky+ HD receiver unplugged for a few months Sky wont be able to turn the PVR functions off as its not connected
the-cable-guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 19:02   #5
Dukefever
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV, XL BB, M Phone, 1GB Tivo + V HD box (Premiere)
Dukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-cable-guy View Post
i cant confirm if it works myself but many people have said that if you leave a Sky+ or Sky+ HD receiver unplugged for a few months Sky wont be able to turn the PVR functions off as its not connected
This only worked with the old blue card as far I know. The latest encryption method with the white cards will not make a difference.
Dukefever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 22:08   #6
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukefever View Post
This only worked with the old blue card as far I know. The latest encryption method with the white cards will not make a difference.
Correct.