Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Pace Sky+HD boxes failing en masse!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Pace Sky+HD boxes failing en masse!

Old 13-02-2009, 18:36   #1
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Pace Sky+HD boxes failing en masse!

http://www.trustedreviews.com/tvs/ne...ing-En-Mass/p1

Oops
Old 13-02-2009, 18:44   #2
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: Pace Sky+HD boxes failing en masse!

reminds me of when I got a v+ box. I had 8 before I got one that actually worked properly.

Anyway moving on, I just checked my new sky hd box and it's a samsung, cheers for the heads up
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 18:55   #3
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Update from Sky (posted on Digital Spy)

Quote:
To provide some clarity, here’s an update about our decision to replace some of the Sky+HD boxes that Pace has supplied.

Pace has told us about a manufacturing fault that can affect around 90,000 of the first boxes supplied by Pace. The fault was resolved in Pace’s subsequent supplies of boxes.

To be 100% clear, it’s nothing to with a faulty component; the problem relates to the way that some of the boxes were assembled. It doesn’t raise a safety risk or prevent them from being used as normal until we exchange them, but in the longer term it could lead to the failure of the box.

We’re proud of our Sky+HD product and we’re not happy about customers having boxes that don’t meet our quality standards. So we want to swap all of the boxes in this batch.

We started calling the affected customers earlier this week to fix an appointment for one of our engineers to come and install a free replacement box. Because of the number of boxes, it will take us about three months to contact everyone, so there is no need to be concerned if we haven’t called you already. The box can continue to be used as normal until we come to replace it.

To make up for any inconvenience, we will give all affected customers three months’ free subscription to our HD pack (worth £29.25) when we replace their box.

Sky+HD Team
Quote:
Old 13-02-2009, 21:32   #4
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Well problems do occur but at least Sky are up front about it and are actively tackling the problem.

Too many Companies today just try to stick their heads in the sand in the vain hope that problems will just disappear.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 15:42   #5
Pushkar
Inactive

Pushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nicePushkar is just really nice

The BBC also has something to say - here
Pushkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 17:35   #6
lauzjp
Inactive

Services: 5mb 3 mobile broadband, sky, freeview
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to lauzjp

oh dearie me. is that why sky+ boxes are "only £49" ?
lauzjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 20:26   #7
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

We have a 9F3003 - fantastic....
Old 17-02-2009, 20:34   #8
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSainsbury View Post
We have a 9F3004 - fantastic....
Not sure whether your fantastic is or . If it's then at least you have this to look forward to.
Quote:
Anyone affected is also being given three months' free subscription to Sky's HD pack, worth £29.25, when they have their box replaced.
Old 18-02-2009, 10:35   #9
Robisme
Inactive

Robisme is on a distinguished roadRobisme is on a distinguished road
Sky to replace 90,000 HD boxes

seen this news ?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/te...894752.stm?lss

if you have, sorry
Robisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2009, 12:20   #10
Chalky
Inactive

Services: TV XL, V+, BB L, Phone XL
Chalky will become famous soon enoughChalky will become famous soon enoughChalky will become famous soon enough

So only PACE models then. I remember having lots of problems with my older NTL PACE boxes until I got V+.
Not good publicity for PACE.
Chalky is offline   Reply With Quote