Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | DVDs & Blu-ray Discs you Lust after ..

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > General Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar

DVDs & Blu-ray Discs you Lust after ..

Old 10-01-2006, 17:46   #76
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
Re: DVD's you Lust after ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
Thank you for the info dilligaf you have just made my day.
sir_drinks_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-01-2006, 18:06   #77
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_drinks_alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
Thank you for the info dilligaf you have just made my day.
Not a problem - but can you play region 1 discs? That would be a LOT cheaper for you m8... The same region 1 set is 34.99
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 20:11   #78
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Splurged on some DVDs at HMV recently.

V for Vendetta, X Men - The Last Stand, Rome, and Battlestar Galactica (new version).
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 21:14   #79
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

They were selling V for Vendetta at Asda for £8 last week - snaffled one up pdq!
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 21:56   #80
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Splurged on some DVDs at HMV recently.

V for Vendetta, X Men - The Last Stand, Rome, and Battlestar Galactica (new version).
Mrs Gaz got me X Men 'Last stand' yesterday, I thought it was good, once the leap of faith to resurrect Jean was accepted, it built very well - and wasn't too long, either - titillation regarding a sequel was to be expected
Old 09-10-2006, 11:45   #81
player_no1
Inactive

player_no1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm proud of my completed DS9 series boxes and I'm looking forward to finishing friends this month as well.
player_no1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 11:50   #82
orangebird
Inactive

Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star

Bought Confetti on Saturday - hilarious!
orangebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 12:35   #83
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigaSefi View Post
here mine :

http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcoll....aspx/TigaSefi

and still more to come......
Is that site free ?? and does it calalogue for you ? can you simply import a list or do you need to add 1 by 1? I have nearly 1000 titles now
Old 09-10-2006, 12:44   #84
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

if you have to put the dvd's in manually I'll go crazy...got around 400 dvds

and it doesnt look like a freebie Zing.... so not worth the hassle
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 12:52   #85
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

Ooh, just had an email that the complete Hornblower series is going to be out in a boxed set mid October
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 12:56   #86
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb View Post
Is that site free ?? and does it calalogue for you ? can you simply import a list or do you need to add 1 by 1? I have nearly 1000 titles now
This from the site
Just enter the UPC from the DVD case and DVD Profiler does the rest!
If you have a DVD-ROM drive, its even easier. Put the DVD in the drive and let DVD Profiler recognize it automatically.
Don't have the UPC yet? Add it by title using powerful search criteria.
http://www.intervocative.com/dvdpro/Info.aspx

Still trying to find out if there is a free version

There is, and you get this
Free registration includes:
  • Catalog an unlimited number of DVDs
  • Host your collection online with the My Profiler feature
  • One-step entry - enter the UPC and DVD Profiler does the rest
  • Download hundreds of custom reports and skins
  • Powerful price search engine, parental control, integration with DVD Profiler Pocket
Probably with pop-up ads, as the purchased version says this
Run DVD Profiler and My Profiler without those anoying ads.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 13:34   #87
zing_deleted

ive inputted one page of my list loads more to go think this is my days job lol
Old 09-10-2006, 13:35   #88
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I have used that site for a while. Takes a while at first but when you are only adding a few DVDs at a times its alright.
http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/steve5424

Back to the thread title, the new ultimate superman DVD set thats out on the 4th December, has 13 discs of amazingness
Here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Play.com
  • Superman I Disc 1:
  • Commentary by Ilya Salkind and Pierre Spengler
  • Teaser trailer
  • Theatrical trailer
  • TV Spot
  • Auto-play Trailer: Int'l Superman "Hero" Trailer
  • Auto-play Trailer: Int'l Superman Returns Trailer
  • Justice League Heroes Videogame Trailer
  • Disc 2:
  • Commentary by Richard Donner & Tom Mankiewicz
  • Music only track (2001 version)
  • Disc 3:
  • Taking Flight: The Development of Superman
  • Making Superman: Filming the Legend
  • The magic behind the cape
  • Screen Tests 'Superman', 'Lois Lane' with opt commentary and 'Ursa'
  • Restored Sceens: Jor-El and the Council, Council Meeting, Baby Kal-El's Starship, Young Lois with Parents on Train, Mrs. Kent Opens Up House, Clark and Jimmy, Jor-El and Superman, Pedestrian and Clark, Fire and Ice, Hollywood Sign Falls
  • Additional Deleted Scenes
  • Addl' Music Cues: Main Titles, Alternate Main Titles, The Council's Decision, The Krypton Quake, More Mugger/Introducing Otis, Air Force One, Chasin Rockets, Can You Read My Mind [Pop Version]
  • Disc 4:
  • The Making of Superman: The Movie[1978 TV Special]
  • Superman and the Mole-Men [1951 Feature]
  • 9 Fleischer Cartoons
  • Superman II Disc 1:
  • Commentary by Ilya Salkind and Pierre Spengler
  • Auto-play Trailers: Int'l Superman "Hero" Trailer, Int'l Superman Returns Trailer
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Superman's Souffle Deleted Scene
  • Disc 2:
  • The Making of Superman II (1980 TV Special)
  • Superman 50h Anniversary (1988 TV Special)
  • First Flight: The Fleischer Superman Series - Japoteurs, Showdown, Eleventh Hour, Destruction, Inc., The Mummy Strikes, Jungle Drums, The Underground World, Secret Agent
  • Disc 3:
  • Superman II: The Donner Cut
  • Commentary by Richard Donner and Tom Mankiewicz
  • Superman II: Restoring the Vision
  • Deleted Scenes: Lex and Ms. Teschmacher Head North, Lex and Ms. Teschmacher Head South, The Villains Enter the Fortress, He's All Yours Boys, Clark and Jimmy, Lex's Getaway
  • Intoduction by Richard Donner
  • Superman 3 Deluxe Edition:
  • Commentary by Ilya Salkind & Pierre Spengler
  • The Making of Superman III [1983 TV Special]
  • 11 Deleted Scenes
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Auto-play Trailers: Int'l Superman "Hero" Trailer, Int'l Superman Returns Trailer
  • Superman 4 Deluxe Edition:
  • Commentary by Lawrence Konner & Mark Rosenthal
  • 15 Deleted Scenes
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Justice League Videogame Trailer
  • Superman Returns Disc 1:
  • Autoplay trailers: Ant Bully and Happy Feet
  • Disc 2:
  • Pt 1: Secret Originis and First Issues: Crystalizing Superman
  • Pt 2: The Crystal Method: Designing Superman
  • Pt 3a: An afiinity for Beachfront Property: Shooting Superman: Superman on the Farm
  • Pt 3b: An affinity for Beachfront Property: Shooting Superman: Superman in the City
  • Pt 3c: An affinity for Beachfront Property: Shooting Superman: Superman in Peril
  • Pt 4: The joy of Lex: Menacing Superman Pt 5: He's Always Around: Wrapping Superman
  • Deleted Scenes (without Return to Krypton)
  • Resurrecting Jor-El
  • Easter Egg: How wrong can you be (outtake)
  • Theatrical Teaser Trailer
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • EA Game Trailer WVSUP-S0026
  • Superman Ultimate Collection Disc 12:
  • Look Up In The Sky: The Amazing Superman Story
  • Look Up In The Sky: Autoplay: Superman Franchise WVSUP-x0033
  • Superman Ultimate Collection Disc 13:
  • You Will Believe Parts 1-5
  • The Mythology Of Superman
  • The Heart Of A Hero Remembering Christopher Reeve
  • The Adventures Of Superpup (1958 TV Pilot)
  • Super-Rabbit (1943 WB Cartoon)
  • Snafuperman (1944 WB Cartoon)
  • Stupor Duck (1956 WB Cartoon)
Old 09-10-2006, 23:44   #89
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverwar View Post
They were selling V for Vendetta at Asda for £8 last week - snaffled one up pdq!

Great film. I think it was 7 or 8 quid in HMV. I was tempted by the special version (HMV have it online, didn't see it in the store), but decided against it as it's twice the price & I don't really care about the extras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone View Post
Mrs Gaz got me X Men 'Last stand' yesterday, I thought it was good, once the leap of faith to resurrect Jean was accepted, it built very well - and wasn't too long, either - titillation regarding a sequel was to be expected
I liked it a lot. Not as good as no.2 IMO, but still cool. Magneto & Wolverine are always great. The new characters were a bit wasted though.

Jean always comes back from the dead. Got quite tiresome in the comics.

(There's a famous saying, "No one in comics stays dead except Uncle Ben"*)

*It used to be "No one in comics stays dead except for Bucky, Jason Todd, and Uncle Ben", but Bucky & Jason were brought back to life last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYoda View Post
Back to the thread title, the new ultimate superman DVD set thats out on the 4th December, has 13 discs of amazingness
Here
Looks good. I've already got I & II though, & am not too fussed about 3 & 4. I just want Returns & the Donner Cut of II.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 23:55   #90
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Looks good. I've already got I & II though, & am not too fussed about 3 & 4. I just want Returns & the Donner Cut of II.
You haven't got 1 and 2 from that box set though. The extra's are outstanding. It even includes some of the old cartoons and also the Superman and the Mole-men movie as well as a lot of Deleted scenes and 2 versions of Superman 1.