Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Tivo has just had a update but what update is it?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Tivo has just had a update but what update is it?

Old 10-05-2011, 12:04   #31
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age
Re: Tivo has just had a update but what update is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Err... what audio dropout bug?
When exiting a recording on the odd occasion all audio (about once every 2-3 days) will drop out. No audio on live TV/Recordings, if something is recording at the time the audio DOES NOT drop out of the recording. The only ways to get the audio back is to 1) Reboot the box. 2) Play a youtube video. My audio is hooked up via TOSLINK to a AV receiver.
clinteastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2011, 12:08   #32
kingll
cf.member

Services: Tivo & V+HD, 1 Phone, 100Mb Broadband
kingll will become famous soon enoughkingll will become famous soon enoughkingll will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Thats always been there.
Not on my box until this morning
kingll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:19   #33
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingll View Post
Not on my box until this morning
The logos do not appear until you decide to reboot your Tivo, so the update must have done that.

I didn't have the logos for weeks until I got around to invoking a reboot myself.
Perfect Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:48   #34
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinteastman View Post
When exiting a recording on the odd occasion all audio (about once every 2-3 days) will drop out. No audio on live TV/Recordings, if something is recording at the time the audio DOES NOT drop out of the recording. The only ways to get the audio back is to 1) Reboot the box. 2) Play a youtube video. My audio is hooked up via TOSLINK to a AV receiver.
I've not heard of that one before. Next time it happens, please can you try the following:
1) If possible, check whether audio is still present on the HDMI.
2) If possible, check whether audio is still present on the SCART.
3) Try changing Settings->Audio->Dolby
4) Try unplugging and reconnecting the TOSLINK.

Has anyone else had this problem?
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 13:01   #35
kingll
cf.member

Services: Tivo & V+HD, 1 Phone, 100Mb Broadband
kingll will become famous soon enoughkingll will become famous soon enoughkingll will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Choice View Post
The logos do not appear until you decide to reboot your Tivo, so the update must have done that.

I didn't have the logos for weeks until I got around to invoking a reboot myself.
That must be it then - thanks for clearing that up
kingll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 13:16   #36
clinteastman
Inactive

clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I've not heard of that one before. Next time it happens, please can you try the following:
1) If possible, check whether audio is still present on the HDMI.
2) If possible, check whether audio is still present on the SCART.
3) Try changing Settings->Audio->Dolby
4) Try unplugging and reconnecting the TOSLINK.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Will do, have tried 3 already with no luck.
Old 10-05-2011, 13:26   #37
Dustymiller
Inactive

Dustymiller is on a distinguished roadDustymiller is on a distinguished road

The audio issue, is a known issue, and is hoped to be fixed in the next update, or so I have been told by the Tivo team, as I have the issue also. I am having my boxed repalced today due to the random reboots, maybe now I dont need to. Would love to see if they have addressed them officially in this update.
Dustymiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 13:34   #38
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

I have the audio problem. I presume people are talking about when navigating through different menus and the mini window is playing back live TV and the sound stops when moving from say, Home, to My Shows. Very irritating!
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 13:34   #39
clinteastman
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustymiller View Post
The audio issue, is a known issue, and is hoped to be fixed in the next update, or so I have been told by the Tivo team, as I have the issue also. I am having my boxed repalced today due to the random reboots, maybe now I dont need to. Would love to see if they have addressed them officially in this update.
Thanks, Do you use TOSLINK?
Old 10-05-2011, 13:38   #40
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love virgin View Post
About 10 mins ago my Tivo box just turned itself off and is doing a update but does anyone know what the update is?

its taking a while to do.

The update is done now and i can see a new thing

on the Channel strap at bottom of screen that tells you what you are watching and what channel you are watching well now the channel logo is on the left hand side.
Mine are still on the right?
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 13:39   #41
Dustymiller
Inactive

Yup TOSLINK connected. I found it affected changing from HD to SD content. And I lost audio via HDMI & TOSLINK. Virgin have told me this is a know issue.
Old 10-05-2011, 13:41   #42
clinteastman
Inactive

Quote:
Yup TOSLINK connected. I found it affected changing from HD to SD content. And I lost audio via HDMI & TOSLINK. Virgin have told me this is a know issue.
Fingers crossed this last update has a fix for it. It was a pain until I found the youtube trick (play a youtube video to fix the audio).
Old 10-05-2011, 14:24   #43
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
There's a known issue when changing from SD to HD channels which is fixed in this build. Thinking about it, this might be clinteastman's problem, if stopping a SD recording and returning to HD live TV. Though it has been previously reported as a video freeze rather than loss of audio. Anyway, as I said it's fixed now so see how it goes.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 14:25   #44
gadge
Inactive

Services: Sky+ Hd Multiroom,Unlimited Broadband,Unlimited Phone,WD Tv
gadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
There's a known issue when changing from SD to HD channels which is fixed in this build. Thinking about it, this might be clinteastman's problem, if stopping a SD recording and returning to HD live TV. Though it has been previously reported as a video freeze rather than loss of audio. Anyway, as I said it's fixed now so see how it goes.
What were the ui changes i haven't noticed anything.
gadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 14:33   #45
Dustymiller
Inactive

Is there a public change log for this update yet ???