Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Tivo has just had a update but what update is it?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Tivo has just had a update but what update is it?

Old 10-05-2011, 04:49   #1
i love virgin
Inactive

Services: Virgin
i love virgin is an unknown quantity at this point
Tivo has just had a update but what update is it?

About 10 mins ago my Tivo box just turned itself off and is doing a update but does anyone know what the update is?

its taking a while to do.

The update is done now and i can see a new thing

on the Channel strap at bottom of screen that tells you what you are watching and what channel you are watching well now the channel logo is on the left hand side.
i love virgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2011, 05:10   #2
richardc1983
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media TiVo XL & V+, 30MB Cable Broadband & Phone
richardc1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Tivo has just had a update but what update is it?

Also had an update but don't know what for...
richardc1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:23   #3
bayonet
cf.addict

Services: 152Mb 2AC Superhub XL TV with TIVO
bayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nice

Just had the update on my TIVO as well just waiting to see what it is
bayonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:48   #4
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Somethings happened.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:54   #5
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

Once updated, could you post your software version please.
Perfect Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:05   #6
bayonet
cf.addict

Services: 152Mb 2AC Superhub XL TV with TIVO
bayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nice

Mine shows 15.1-01-3-C00
bayonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:05   #7
i love virgin
Inactive

Services: Virgin
i love virgin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Choice View Post
Once updated, could you post your software version please.
Mine is now

15,1-01-3-COO
i love virgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:08   #8
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

mine showing software version 15.1-01-3-COO
howardmicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:37   #9
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

Mine are both showing that version now too. Will be interesting to see what the official changelog is. They usually post something on the Virgin Media Community forum so I shall be keeping my eye on that forum.
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:44   #10
caph
cf.geek

caph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to all

Does it have anything to do with being able to scroll up and down by a whole page at a time? I was moaning yesterday that I couldn't do it on Tivo but this morning I'm getting a Tivo tip along the top of the screen telling me to use the Channel up and down buttons, which sure enough works. I don't know why they haven't added these icons to the bottom of the TV Guide to tell people though.
caph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:47   #11
ahardie

Services: XL tv/L internet, Tivo(1Tb.), SA V+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caph View Post
Does it have anything to do with being able to scroll up and down by a whole page at a time? I was moaning yesterday that I couldn't do it on Tivo but this morning I'm getting a Tivo tip along the top of the screen telling me to use the Channel up and down buttons, which sure enough works. I don't know why they haven't added these icons to the bottom of the TV Guide to tell people though.
I think you have always been able to do that.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:47   #12
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
My TiVo's always had that - channel up/down for page up/down.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:48   #13
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
That feature has been there from the start. It is only referenced in the instruction pdf online but I do agree that it would be handy to have it on screen like the V+ does
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:49   #14
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

I'm going to turn on my Tivo and have a quick look around before I have to leave for work
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:53   #15
Begize
Inactive

Services: XL TV (TiVo 1TB & V HD), XL Broadband (Superhub 2 in modem mode), L Telephone
Begize is a jewel in the roughBegize is a jewel in the roughBegize is a jewel in the roughBegize is a jewel in the roughBegize is a jewel in the rough

Mine randomly did this on Satuday evening. In the middle of watching TV, suddenly came up "there is a problem with this channel" (BBC1 HD) - I switched to BBC1 SD which briefly appeared, followed by the same message. Other channels were OK but the box rebooted itself. When it came back on I noticed the channel logo's appeared in the now and next bar so guessed there had been some kind of update. Not at home so I can't post any version numbers.
Begize is offline   Reply With Quote