Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | UBR up-grades

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

UBR up-grades

Old 19-04-2008, 12:36   #31
ceedee
cf.geek

Services: 100Mb VM Broadband
ceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UBR up-grades

You might want to drop a PM to Welshchris here on CF -- he escalated similar UBR upgrade scheduling problems in Swansea up to the CEO's Office team.
Mind you, I'm not sure that even they were able to get anything done earlier, or even on the dates they'd said it would be. Perhaps he'd be willing to share his contact's phone number with you?

Reading between the lines of the TS's comments, I'd guess that the upgrade teams are having problems and taking much longer than anticipated, therefore the forward schedules are being radically revised.

Perhaps some of the VM staff can add some clues?

Oh, and hitting return every now and then in your messages would make them much easier for us to read. Please....
ceedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2008, 16:59   #32
Berealwith
Inactive

Berealwith is on a distinguished roadBerealwith is on a distinguished road

Well i have been posting on newsgroups now for weeks about Prestons slow UBR. the thing is i am quite surprised i have been getting emails back from other customers, they all have the same problem.........what the hell do you have to do to make this ISP move it's ass and do something..............it's absolute rubbish, and from what i see. there is no way forward. I am now in my last week with this and i am becoming excited at the prospect of leaving.....................oh the bliss
Berealwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 20:05   #33
ceedee
cf.geek

ceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berealwith View Post
Well i have been posting on newsgroups now for weeks about Prestons slow UBR. the thing is i am quite surprised i have been getting emails back from other customers, they all have the same problem.........what the hell do you have to do to make this ISP move it's ass and do something..............it's absolute rubbish, and from what i see. there is no way forward. I am now in my last week with this and i am becoming excited at the prospect of leaving.....................oh the bliss
If you're theuser on UBR6 or Bones on UBR5 then you have my sympathies.

All I can suggest is to follow this recommendation, posted to one of the VM newsgroups a week or so ago:
The only time anyone ever answered a complaint of mine was when I wrote
to this address

Chief Executive Officer
Virgin Media Investment Holdings Ltd.
NTL House
Bartley Wood Business Park
Hook
Hampshire
RG27 9UP

They responded very quickly and problem was resolved. I wrote loads of
other letters, to addresses I had been given and not once did I get a
response. I called and even used the online e-mail, nothing.

Good luck!
Old 05-05-2008, 11:51   #34
Berealwith
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedee View Post
If you're theuser on UBR6 or Bones on UBR5 then you have my sympathies.

All I can suggest is to follow this recommendation, posted to one of the VM newsgroups a week or so ago:
The only time anyone ever answered a complaint of mine was when I wrote
to this address

Chief Executive Officer
Virgin Media Investment Holdings Ltd.
NTL House
Bartley Wood Business Park
Hook
Hampshire
RG27 9UP

They responded very quickly and problem was resolved. I wrote loads of
other letters, to addresses I had been given and not once did I get a
response. I called and even used the online e-mail, nothing.

Good luck!
So what does this mean i have to go above CS and not through the chain of command. This in it's self shows how the company has failed. Here's a thought what if everybody did this, it underminds the admins,tech help, cs, the best way is to use the system not run over it.........................

If you have to go to the top every time you need a responce, what i think is it's a crap company, and i for one have the wisdom to see it wont get better.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:25   #35
ceedee
cf.geek

Quote:
So what does this mean i have to go above CS and not through the chain of command. This in it's self shows how the company has failed. Here's a thought what if everybody did this, it underminds the admins,tech help, cs, the best way is to use the system not run over it.........................
I agree that it's jumping over the 'chain of command' that's failed to offer a realistic solution to the problems on Preston's UBRs.
If it's the only way of getting something fixed (and hopefully alerting senior management that their systems aren't coping) then I wouldn't feel bad about using it.
Obviously ymmv.

Quote:
If you have to go to the top every time you need a responce, what i think is it's a crap company, and i for one have the wisdom to see it wont get better.
I (notoriously) recommend people use VM's Tech Support newsgroups to get their problems solved, usually with a high degree of success but I recognise that Preston's long-standing hassles (like WelshChris's problems in Swansea) are in a different league altogether.

If you choose not to use all avenues open to you and if you're convinced that your service won't improve, I'm afraid that you've only one constructive route left to take -- ADSL.

Good luck in finding something better.
Old 23-05-2008, 23:57   #36
Berealwith
Inactive

In the words of Homer Simpson "woohoo" i have no longer a problem with my UBR

It has taken ages to sort out....................But finally i have sortted it........

I am on ADSL now and ...............Yep its better "woohoo".......

Rgr over and out..........in the words of Status Quo......"Virgin heading down the pipe now"
Old 24-05-2008, 00:39   #37
ceedee
cf.geek

It's a shame that VM couldn't get their act together to sort out the Preston UBRs and keep you, and I'm sure many more, as a satisfied customer.

Best of luck with your new ISP!
Old 24-05-2008, 11:34   #38
slowcoach
Inactive

Services: VM Phone 152 Meg.
slowcoach has reached the bronze age
slowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze age

I am pleased you are happy with your new ISP Berealwith.
I would have left after the 20Meg upgrade if there had been a viable alternative for me, thankfully the last network update sorted all the problems to the point that I now get 19Meg any time of day, together with fast browsing.
It would have been nice if they had done the network update before they switched to 20Meg though, the previous 10Meg speed was always spot on.
The main thing is we are both happy now.
Keep coming to the Forum, we need all the Northerners we can get.
slowcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2008, 17:20   #39
Berealwith
Inactive

lol SC i will bud cheers for the good advice and banter from you in the past...i will keep posting
Old 24-05-2008, 19:06   #40
jcw00
cf.addict

jcw00 is a jewel in the roughjcw00 is a jewel in the roughjcw00 is a jewel in the roughjcw00 is a jewel in the roughjcw00 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I have been waiting for over 6 months now, to get a decent speed from my once great 20mb connection, only to go through a broadband hell and back only to find out that my UBR needs an upgrade....if you were to put a DEFCON level on it i'm at 10. Without boring you all, and some on here are at different stages of finding out that it will come to a UBR upgrade, then your only option is to wait for the upgrade, i have 5/6 weeks to wait

My questions are "How long have you been waiting" ?

If you have had an upgrade does it get better ?

and after is it worth it......as the guy i spoke to said he's has recieved feedback after people have had the upgrade and it is much better....or it's it just empty words ?

If anyone knows can you please inform us......as the light is very dim here
The Crawley UBR was upgraded last week, however I have never had any speed problems always 100% max speed. Maybe your area could have done with this equipment.
jcw00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2008, 19:35   #41
snazzy
Inactive

Services: BB/TV/Phone
snazzy is on a distinguished roadsnazzy is on a distinguished road

I only have a 2mb connection and I can't even get 150k some nights. It's even been as low as 30k.

I think I have six dates so far to have this issues fixed, and every single one has gone by and nothing has changed. I am on cpc2-stre3-0-0-cust428.bagu.cable.ntl.com, and it's a nightmare at times. it's getting better, so they are up to something, but it sure as hell ain't fixed.

I have had their main tech guy promising me the earth but nothing changed. I never ring tech support anymore, there is nothing new that they have to say. Since I was finally told it was a capacity issue and it would "ONLY TAKE A SOFTWARE UPDATE THERE SHOULD BE NO PROBLEM" Well I got news for you Mr. Big wig fix it all. I have had two more dates since then and it's been confirmed that nothing has taken place that would fix the problem. So much for that then.

I find emails go ignored, phone calls can get you a retention package or a small reduction, but letters get someone to call you after about two weeks making promises.

I've just posted my third letter this year, even though this has been going on since about November. I really hope they can tell me something new.
snazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2008, 22:23   #42
slowcoach
Inactive

Services: VM Phone 152 Meg.
slowcoach has reached the bronze age
slowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by snazzy View Post
I only have a 2mb connection and I can't even get 150k some nights. It's even been as low as 30k.
Before the recent upgrade my 20meg service would some nights drop below 30K, luckily I can choose when to sleep as I work from home so I got used to going on the Net during the wee hours.
Now I am trying to adjust to normal people times.

---------- Post added at 22:23 ---------- Previous post was at 22:21 ----------

Quote:
lol SC i will bud cheers for the good advice and banter from you in the past...i will keep posting
Good man.
slowcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2008, 13:43   #43
Welshchris
Permanently Banned

Services: 50mb Cable, L TV and Phone XL.
Welshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful one

Swansea has been put off Twice for some reason, First the UBR was supposed to be done on April 12 and then May 15th and its NOT been done from what i can see.
Welshchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2008, 17:02   #44
snazzy
Inactive

Services: BB/TV/Phone
snazzy is on a distinguished roadsnazzy is on a distinguished road

I understand at all. I was told by some so called top bod at Virgin that all it needed was a software update. Still the time came a went and nothing happened.

I think sometimes they'll tell you anything just to get you off the line.
snazzy is offline   Reply With Quote