Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | I have a job interview tomorrow with virgin media for a cable guy

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

I have a job interview tomorrow with virgin media for a cable guy

Old 26-01-2010, 21:07   #91
carrotman
Inactive

carrotman is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I have a job interview tomorrow with virgin media for a cable guy

Had my assessment on monday. You get your colour blindness test first; what colours are on each cable, then its split into three parts. First I got my interview(very customer focused ie tell me about a time when you had a awkard customer and how you dealt with it)stuff like that. Second i had my presentation, did that infront of six people(4 of us in the group + 2 assessors.) this depends on how many people there are for the job only 8 turned up out of 14 i think. Finally there was the group team challenge, drop a egg from 3meters with out breaking it. You get certain items to build something to stop the egg from smashing.I let myself down here too quiet in this challenge. ther was 4 assessors marking us on this, probably seeing how we interact as a team.
They were after 3 techs for newcastle up against ex bt,electrial contract engineer + a sky engineer
carrotman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-01-2010, 06:36   #92
Dukefever
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV, XL BB, M Phone, 1GB Tivo + V HD box (Premiere)
Dukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about them

Sounds like fun carrotman.

Could you tell us alittle more about your presentation? I was wondering if you can talk about any subject or is it set for you?

Thanks

Duke
Dukefever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 11:48   #93
carrotman
Inactive

You can talk about any subject. I talked about Jeff Dunham the American ventriloquist and his puppets. Got a couple of smug grins from the assessors. the others talked about computers, honeymoon in mexico when the hurricane struck in 2005 and the other talked about his life.
Old 27-01-2010, 22:26   #94
dog2001uk
Inactive

dog2001uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrotman View Post
drop a egg from 3meters with out breaking it. You get certain items to build something to stop the egg from smashing.
I've gotta ask, I'm intrigued. Did you use a net on a pole underneath it to catch it?
dog2001uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 12:07   #95
carrotman
Inactive

wish we could of. Quite funny the design we came up with, none of us had any confidence init. But it worked and the egg didn't smash
Old 28-01-2010, 14:16   #96
Forcefire
Inactive

Forcefire is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrotman View Post
wish we could of. Quite funny the design we came up with, none of us had any confidence init. But it worked and the egg didn't smash
what were you given to use then?
Forcefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 15:04   #97
carrotman
Inactive

They gave us 3 sheets of a4 paper, 3 tissues,full packet of chewing gum,about 10-12 cocktail sticks,about 8 pencils, ball of string,sissors,3 balloons i think that was is. We had 40 minutes to do the task. They didn't actually drop it from 3meters they just threw it up in the air.
Old 03-02-2010, 18:49   #98
skratch
Inactive

skratch is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all i am new on here i have come across this post from a Google search.
I am like many of you are waiting for an assessment date after passing two phone interviews.
I rang the recruitment line after waiting over 10 days for them to let me know if i was successful they told me i was and someone will be in touch with me well about 3weeks on and still nothing has anyone had the same problems and have been on an assessment day yet.
thanks
skratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 18:58   #99
niallharper
Inactive

niallharper is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi skratch
Im in the same boat as you at the moment. Phoned them 2 weeks ago to find out if i passed my phone interview. Was successful. Still waiting for a call about the assessment day.
If i haven't heard anything by tomorrow night, i will phone them on friday and see whats going on.
I thought they were waiting to get a lot of people together for it but from what ive read on here, these assessment days are normally only 8 - 10 people.

If you hear anything from them, let us know!
niallharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 19:40   #100
wouldbetech
Inactive

wouldbetech is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: I have a job interview tomorrow with virgin media for a cable guy

Hi there all another newbie here.
I Have had an experience with virgin media recruitment letting me down.
I thought i would post and give my experience so far with them.

Applied for a field engineer job on their website early last week then got a call from them on friday afternoon but told them could they ring me back at half five as i wouldnt be driving then.
Got home waited for the phone call.No call.
Anyway was driving again on monday when i received a call from them again so pulled up.Had the first screening interview all was ok.They said ok we will give you call on wednesday for your phone interview(i thought great)
Wednesday came got myself sorted out(found out a bit more about the company etc).Found a quiet area in the house and waited in anticipation for the call.There wasnt one.
Are they as organised with there employees as well as potential ones?Im not sure?
wouldbetech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:08   #101
wouldbetech
Inactive

wouldbetech is an unknown quantity at this point

Update

Got a call from them this morning and they apologised for not calling saying that they had interviewed someone else instead of me so have rebooked for today.
wouldbetech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:09   #102
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Not news, appreciate it's already been here a while but it's bugging me

Moved to 'Lifestyle'.
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 19:26   #103
niallharper
Inactive

niallharper is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys
Little update. Had an email from them today inviting me to a assesment day in Basildon in march
Anyone else had this?
niallharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2010, 21:12   #104
Dukefever
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV, XL BB, M Phone, 1GB Tivo + V HD box (Premiere)
Dukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about them

No not me, still waiting. Congrats though Niallharper

Duke
Dukefever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2010, 22:59   #105
geeuk
Inactive

geeuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello from North London

im new here just wanted to say hi and yes....

I applied by directly emailing my cv to kelly the ad was on JCP website.

After completing all the paperwork and the basic test's back in january. I received a phone call last week to say i was accepted and the training day starts on the 2nd of march.

I hope it will be nice job I heard alot about them so i have prepared my self for hard.......
geeuk is offline   Reply With Quote