Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Canon Pixma IP8750 Print problems

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Canon Pixma IP8750 Print problems

Old 30-03-2024, 15:49   #1
Corey N Georgie
cf.addict

Services: 1GB Volt, Telephone all Inclusive.
Corey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the rough
Canon Pixma IP8750 Print problems

I'm having issues printing with my A3 printer, ive tried replacing all the print cartridges as the printer hasn't been used since Dad passed and ive tried multiple deep cleans and the problem appears to be the large black cartridge as this printer has 2, 1 large and 1 small.

Can anyone suggest what I can do to solve the issue?

Thanks.
Corey N Georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-03-2024, 16:28   #2
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Canon Pixma IP8750 Print problems

What’s the problem with the large black cartridge and how have you come to this conclusion?

The large black cartridge has a lower quality ink used for black text, while the smaller one is a higher quality ink used for colour, mostly graphics and photos. But if you’ve replaced all the cartridges and you’re seeing the same problems then it is unlikely to be one of the cartridges that’s the issue.

Canon printers don’t integrate the print head into the ink cartridge as some do. The print head is a permanent fixture of the printer but it does wear out, and as it does it becomes prone to clogging up. You can eke a little more life out of the head by removing it and gently flushing it with clear warm water (no detergent) then allowing it to dry fully before re-seating it. But this only delays the problem. You can buy a new head but they are so expensive it is usually worthwhile to just buy an entire new printer.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2024, 16:48   #3
Corey N Georgie
cf.addict

Corey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the rough

This is the test print ive done, ive tried multiple cleans and even tried aligning the print head manually twice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Print.jpg (1.54 MB, 23 views)
Old 30-03-2024, 17:03   #4
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

If it was doing that with the old ink cartridges and it is also doing it with the new ones, I’d say the print head is wearing out. You can try cleaning it, but in fairly short order you are going to need to replace the print head, and if that is not cost effective you are going to have to replace the printer.
Old 30-03-2024, 17:15   #5
Corey N Georgie
cf.addict

Is there a site I can find out what printers take the cartridges I have for the printer if I cant get the exact same one?
Old 30-03-2024, 17:31   #6
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey N Georgie View Post
Is there a site I can find out what printers take the cartridges I have for the printer if I cant get the exact same one?
Try internet-ink.com, I’ve often bought ink there and they have a tool to help you get the right ink.
Old 31-03-2024, 15:21   #7
Corey N Georgie
cf.addict

Ive found and ordered another of these printers new from Currys. Thanks all for your help.
Old 31-03-2024, 15:52   #8
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey N Georgie View Post
Ive found and ordered another of these printers new from Currys. Thanks all for your help.
Yeah, we had a Pixma that suffered a worn out head after several years hard use, and we replaced it with an identical one too. They’re great printers.
Old 01-04-2024, 16:31   #9
Corey N Georgie
cf.addict

Thanks for your help Chris.
Old 04-04-2024, 18:23   #10
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Unhappy Re: Canon Pixma IP8750 Print problems

Printers are a problem. In my 40+ years of IT experience, nothing, NOTHING has ever given me as much grief as printing. Even rootkits are easier to deal with. You'd think after so many decades they'd have it down pat by now.
Well, wouldn't you?
I feel your pain, I really do. Hang in there.
Old 06-04-2024, 11:09   #11
Corey N Georgie
cf.addict

Ive had my new printer and it works a treat, the other one ive taken a hammer to lol.