Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S Election 2016

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

U.S Election 2016
Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 11:47   #916
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: US Election 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
Mick: 1
Sneering know-it-alls: 0
Congratulations on Mick for his spot on prediction but for you.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:50   #917
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Classy as always Kursk.
Oh come on, he's been berated for weeks. You got it wrong, again; have the magnanimity to admit it.

Thank goodness Mick is an admin and can speak his mind with impunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Congratulations on Mick for his spot on prediction but for you.
No personal attacks please. If you can't stand the heat (and we all know you can't) stay out of the kitchen.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:53   #918
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Oh come on, he's been berated for weeks. You got it wrong, again; have the magnanimity to admit it.
I did. In the quote you posted. You responded by getting personal which isn't something I did with Mick or other people I disagree with.

And yes people get elections wrong. This was a close election, Clinton is even on track to win more votes or at least close to it. A few shifts in a few places that we're having a different discussion today.

Last edited by Damien; 09-11-2016 at 11:58.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:58   #919
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

I also called a Trump win if you remember a long time ago. Honestly, I thought over the last week that he had lost the election though. I told a manager at work that there was no way America would vote for a female president and I was right.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:06   #920
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

Thank goodness Mick is an admin and can speak his mind with impunity.

No personal attacks please. If you can't stand the heat (and we all know you can't) stay out of the kitchen.
Its not a personal attack at all as you seem to like to give it out to many posters on this forum but sadly you cannot seem to take it as l used something from the smilie list which is allowed on this forum from what l know to show what l thought of your sneering know it comment as that was pretty uncalled for in my opinion.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:08   #921
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
And yes people get elections wrong.
It's not the 'getting it wrong' that matters; it's the 'I am so right' before the event

Remoaners: 0
Democrats: 0

Brexiteers: 1
Republicans: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
I also called a Trump win if you remember a long time ago. Honestly, I thought over the last week that he had lost the election though. I told a manager at work that there was no way America would vote for a female president and I was right.
Careful, you'll get a reputation as a swivel-eyed loony conspiracy theorist with racist tendencies and a low level of education. You are right though
Old 09-11-2016, 12:15   #922
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Careful, you'll get a reputation as a swivel-eyed loony conspiracy theorist with racist tendencies and a low level of education. You are right though
Isn't that a description that applies to the States that voted for Clinton?
Old 09-11-2016, 12:27   #923
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Have to hand it to Mick, he obviously knows the US very well. Don't think I realised how much Clinton was hated. If only Sanders had got the ticket then who knows ?

As for the outcome, God help us, and i don't even believe in God, but he's worth a shot !
Old 09-11-2016, 12:28   #924
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Only an expert can answer that question; one will be along soon .
Old 09-11-2016, 13:20   #925
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
You can find exit polls here : http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...xit-polls.html
Old 09-11-2016, 13:30   #926
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

He's all pre-election talk I wouldn't worry about it
Old 09-11-2016, 13:34   #927
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

I've been called worse at work so that wouldn't actually bother me.

I wonder just how many people in America think elections work like this girl did?

https://notalwaysright.com/big-bother/5677
Old 09-11-2016, 13:44   #928
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

What annoys me most is that the pound has barely recovered against the dollar

---------- Post added at 13:44 ---------- Previous post was at 13:43 ----------

Anyway only three years until the start of the Democratic primaries! If we're still here by then
Old 09-11-2016, 14:12   #929
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
He's all pre-election talk I wouldn't worry about it
Similar things were being said about Reagan when he was first elected:

Quote:
Steven Hayward, author of “The Age of Reagan,” recalls the rhetoric:

Democratic Rep. William Clay of Missouri charged that Reagan was “trying to replace the Bill of Rights with fascist precepts lifted verbatim from Mein Kampf.” The Los Angeles Times cartoonist Paul Conrad drew a panel depicting Reagan plotting a fascist putsch in a darkened Munich beer hall. Harry Stein (later a conservative convert) wrote in Esquire that the voters who supported Reagan were like the “good Germans” in “Hitler’s Germany.”...John Roth, a Holocaust scholar at Claremont College, wrote: “I could not help remembering how 40 years ago economic turmoil had conspired with Nazi nationalism and militarism—all intensified by Germany’s defeat in World War I​—to send the world reeling into catastrophe. . . . It is not entirely mistaken to contemplate our postelection state with fear and trembling.”
Source

Didn't come to pass then either. Any plans he has have to be ratified by Congress and the Senate. They tend to have a moderating effect as Obama found out.
Old 09-11-2016, 14:57   #930
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Talking of Obama. Does this mean he's gone down as the worst President?

https://youtu.be/XvgnOqcCYCM

Out the horses mouth

Last edited by thenry; 09-11-2016 at 15:01.
Closed Thread