Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Local Team about to go out of business

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Local Team about to go out of business

Old 22-12-2003, 00:41   #16
yesman

Re: Local Team about to go out of business

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone
surely I wouldn't call you Shirley, unless it was the weekend, or something

Gaz
Only after 11pm at weekends (but don't tell everyone)
Advertisement
Old 15-02-2005, 13:18   #17
yesman

14 Days Left
Old 22-06-2005, 18:16   #18
yesman

After finding the money from my previous post, CUFC struggled through to the end of the season, then filed for administration, the only people who are preventing CUFC coming out of administration are the Inland Revenue and Custom's and Excise, so now thing's are dependant on this guy.

If the Inland Revenue and Custom's and Excise win the day, other club's will go to the wall, that's for sure.

I don't hold out much hope as sports minister Richard Caborn has about as much influence over the tax organisation's as I do.

Old 22-06-2005, 22:31   #19
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

It's always sad when a club struggles financially- even derby county!

Hope the Us pull through, as a fan of a lower division side myself I know how difficult it is when your side's got no money.

But yesman... aren't you a man u fan?

nffc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2005, 23:37   #20
yesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc
But yesman... aren't you a man u fan?
Yep, I have followed both clubs since 1963. In the early days I was always up the Abbey Stadium, in fact I never missed a game, mainly because I only lived 200 yards from the ground, I used to leave my home at 2.55pm and still get in before kick off

Now I run my own business, I don't get so much time even though I bought a season ticket for last season.

Load's of people I know around here follow more than one club, probably because of the position CUFC are in, such as being in the conference next season if permitted. Many people in Cambridge follow Spurs, Norwich or Ipswich, they would rather travel 70 mile or so to see half decent football.

Cambridge have been known to play good football though, especially during the reign of Roy McFarland and Ron Atkinson, but are unfortunately better known for the long ball game during John Beck's reign, although it was successful for a time, it was terrible to watch.

As for following Man United, I just followed them in my younger day's because my mate did, but once I was introduced I was hooked, probably due to the likes of Law, Best and Charlton. I have see Man Utd play a few times throughout the years but have only been to Old Trafford once, and that was back in January, mainly due to the fact that I was never able to get any ticket's, but I got lucky back in January as ticket sales were slow.
I could have had ticket's for the Fenerbache game (Rooney's Debut) but was unable to go in the end

Manchester United have played at the Abbey Stadium, but it was during the week I was on holiday (typical), but if I had have been able to go, I am not sure who I would have wanted to win, I can't even remember what the score was, but Man U trounced Cambridge, and to this day that game remain's as Cambridge's highest ever gate receipt money and it was played back in the late 80's I think.

btw nffc, division 2 football is not the best in the world as you will find out next season, might see you in the conference after next season ?
Old 23-06-2005, 00:22   #21
nffc
cf.mega poster

nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

haha. We can't drop two divisions can we?

As for the "2 teams" thing I've never understood it myself. But then, I can remember when forest were good (just) so I've not had recourse for it.

Hope the Us pull through as I said though.

Old 23-06-2005, 01:17   #22
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
As for the "2 teams" thing I've never understood it myself. But then, I can remember when forest were good (just) so I've not had recourse for it.
I have always followed two teams. Forest as my primary team (since 1974), and Wimbledon (or MK Dons as they are now - since 1977). Neither being much to shout about these days.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2005, 07:32   #23
nffc
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M
Quote:
I have always followed two teams. Forest as my primary team (since 1974), and Wimbledon (or MK Dons as they are now - since 1977). Neither being much to shout about these days.
Just to satisfy my curiosity... why?

Old 27-06-2005, 17:19   #24
yesman

Hooray, I think ?
Old 27-06-2005, 17:22   #25
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Gordon Bennet! Another bumped thread. .
Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2005, 17:30   #26
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas
Gordon Bennet! Another bumped thread. .
Only by 5 days though, and with new information
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2006, 19:11   #27
yesman

Some good news at last, if it goes through that is......

Quote:
Barry, who is the club's biggest shareholder, has, with fellow director Nick Pomery, played a major role in brokering a deal to buy back the ground from vice-chairman John Howard's company Bideawhile.
CEN
Old 30-01-2006, 20:01   #28
tick
Inactive

Services: ntl phone & tv broadband sky box
tick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud of

Dont you think it's a done deal and the club is going out for good ?
tick is offline   Reply With Quote