Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | A1GP Season 2005

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

A1GP Season 2005

Old 23-10-2005, 12:31   #31
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: A1GP Season 2005

Race 3 coverage starts @ 1 on SS2 (722/41)
Old 23-10-2005, 14:14   #32
Graham
Inactive

Graham has a nice shiny star
Graham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by david.ewles
Race 3 coverage starts @ 1 on SS2 (722/41)
Which is bloody annoying because I changed my package to get SS1 and 3 so I could watch the A1 GP, but they've got rugby on instead, so I'm going to have to wait until 10pm to see the race
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2005, 22:12   #33
Graham
Inactive

Graham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny star

Well I got to watch it and *damn* there was a lot of good racing going on!

Forget about F1 processions with a few cars at the front lapping the most of the rest of the pack, there's racing all the way down the field, real tactical choices about when to do your pit stop and how to utilise the power boost button and races that are by no means predictable!

F1?

Boring!
Old 24-10-2005, 22:16   #34
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Those blooming italians held us up in qual
Old 25-10-2005, 11:19   #35
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

yes this is a good series so far but this a few issues with the car.. hopefully these should be fixed by the next race... not sure how big the crowds are now.. Brands was paxed but the others have looked empty

would like to see a few more top line drivers as still not quality throughout the field at the moment but it's early days
sherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2005, 11:22   #36
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

The sport is in its first season so there are bound to be a few teething errors.
My only concern at the moment is the speed they take to remove broken cars from the track.
Old 25-10-2005, 12:58   #37
Graham
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by david.ewles
My only concern at the moment is the speed they take to remove broken cars from the track.
Which is odd because I was under the impression that the marshalls were supplied by the Track, so they should be the same ones that deal with F1 etc.
Old 25-10-2005, 13:18   #38
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham
Which is odd because I was under the impression that the marshalls were supplied by the Track, so they should be the same ones that deal with F1 etc.
the series hasn't been to any F1 tracks yet
sherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2005, 18:24   #39
Graham
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham
the series hasn't been to any F1 tracks yet
Eh? Estorial has hosted F1 Grand Prix.

But the point is that AIUI the marshalls come with the track when you hire it, so they should be practiced enough in clearing problems.
Old 27-01-2006, 21:17   #40
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

the next race is this weekend

Durban, South Africa
Jan 29, 2006
Old 12-02-2006, 21:10   #41
Tuftus

Did anyone see this weekends race in Indonesia?
Old 12-02-2006, 23:11   #42
ian@huth
Inactive

Services: VM 10Mb, TU, 1xSky HD, 2xSky+ (HD,all packs, sports & movies) 2xDVD PVR's, Freesat Freeview & other
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuftus
Did anyone see this weekends race in Indonesia?
Yes, Team GB should have won the feature race quite easily if they had come in on the first pace car.
ian@huth is offline   Reply With Quote