Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !
Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 10:08   #1051
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Good to see you're back out of 'naughty corner' Mick

This country needs immigration, the NHS depends on it; the Brexit shambles is hitting nursing numbers badly already. https://www.theguardian.com/society/...record-numbers
No, this country needs controlled immigration. That will not affect the NHS one iota.
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2017, 10:24   #1052
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
No, this country needs controlled immigration. That will not affect the NHS one iota.
And how do you stop key people that are already here leaving ? Other countries are now seeming more welcome, that's the crisis facing the NHS.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:33   #1053
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I was never in it, so no idea of this nonsense above, that you're blabbing on about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K
This country needs immigration, the NHS depends on it; the Brexit shambles is hitting nursing numbers badly already. https://www.theguardian.com/society/...record-numbers
No we don't. Rubbish. Uncontrolled immigration in the 100's of thousands is not sustainable. It's attracting more, unskilled, benefit scrounging Migrants than it is skilled migrants, we need to cap it and fast.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:58   #1054
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
No we don't. Rubbish. Uncontrolled immigration in the 100's of thousands is not sustainable. It's attracting more, unskilled, benefit scrounging Migrants than it is skilled migrants, we need to cap it and fast.
That's not what the Govt. thinks Mick. They want free movement till at least 2022. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...-may-suggests/

In my experience benefit scroungers tend to be home grown; whilst we are reliant on migrants to do all the rubbish jobs we won't lower ourselves to do (e.g. cleaning, the care sector). We're an ageing and idle population.

(p.s have you got out of the wrong side of bed again ? Cheer up it's spring )
Old 05-04-2017, 11:08   #1055
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
That's not what the Govt. thinks Mick. They want free movement till at least 2022. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...-may-suggests/

In my experience benefit scroungers tend to be home grown; whilst we are reliant on migrants to do all the rubbish jobs we won't lower ourselves to do (e.g. cleaning, the care sector). We're an ageing and idle population.

(p.s have you got out of the wrong side of bed again ? Cheer up it's spring )
And would you like to hazard a guess as to how many benefit scroungers are home grown Mr K? as are you including the sick and disabled in that? and as for a idle population well that is another staggering statement that does not stand up to any scrutiny either Mr K as there are more people working then ever before last time l heard.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:09   #1056
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Interesting article about the brexit negotiations:
Britain has a secret weapon in its Brexit negotiations: America's spies
Quote:
The UK-US special relationship is the first element here. As the sole European member of the "Five Eyes" intelligence alliance, Britain has access to U.S. intelligence material that other European nations do not.
When it comes to negotiations with the EU, the NSA and GCHQ will have another important role: spying on EU negotiators. The NSA is likely to do this so as to give US policymakers early notice of how the negotiations are progressing (Edward Snowden’s leaks showed a clear US intelligence interest in intra-EU discussions). But the US is also likely to share much of what it learns with the UK. President Trump genuinely seems to like May and dislike Angela Merkel and the EU. Whether it’s the US intelligence community, the British intelligence community, or a joint operation, the UK and US are masters of spying against protected targets. European leaders know this.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:20   #1057
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Again, you have reading issues, it is a suggestion, does not mean it has been implemented.

I do not care what the government thinks, I see it with my own eyes, where I live, Eastern Europeans, such as Romanians, Polish nationals taking up housing, not working, some thieving and mugging from locals and basically living like animals, i.e throwing their crap in the streets and alley ways.

Two Romanian women tried to mug an elderly couple near our Tesco's the other week. They are **** and need to be sent packing, never mind locking up.

I could take a photo right now of a pile of nappies covered in human excrement (uncovered and not in nappy sacks) dumped by a migrant household, right outside their back gate and in some cases thrown out of their bedroom window, but I think it would be too gross to show on a public forum.

The same migrant household was throwing out their domestic rubbish in their yard and when their yard filled up with crap, with rotting materials and food, they just brushed it in to the alley ways, my neighbour caught one of them brushing it near her garden wall, she reported them to the council as did I and they kept on doing it so I reported them again.

It's nothing short of bloody disgusting how they were living, when I spoke to the council workers who came to clean it, they were heaving poor sods, I said I am sorry you have had to clean this crap up, they said it has got worse and they said it's the same EU nationals from the Eastern parts who basically live like dirty pigs.

It's alright for people like you and others who live down South, 'Yeah, let more in' but you won't put up with them living in your towns and cities, like we have to up here in the North. It's disgusting the way they live some of them.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:24   #1058
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Bloody hell Mick where do you live ??? In my area the local hospital and care sector is dependent on migrants, those being cared for mostly elderly and British.

btw i'm very much 'up north', thank God.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:39   #1059
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Bloody hell Mick where do you live ??? In my area the local hospital and care sector is dependent on migrants, those being cared for mostly elderly and British.

btw i'm very much 'up north', thank God.
Just to be clear Mr K, I am not against skilled migrants coming here for a living and to better their lives, what I am against is what I am witnessing and experiencing it first hand and that is EU nationals, who don't work, produce baby after baby and ride the benefit gravy train and it's not all EU-nationals but there is also some non-eu nationals who come here and have absolute disregard for the environment (something I know, you care passionately about) and live like animals.

My colleague said the road she lived on, some Nigerian migrants moved in to a rented house that her friend owned, she said, they stopped paying rent and were eventually evicted, they left the house like it had been dragged through a sewers and bin collection days it seemed did not apply to them, they just didn't throw anything away, just threw it either in the house or in the garden.
Old 05-04-2017, 13:22   #1060
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Well done Nigel; we still need you keeping a close eye on things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFAG-OVIlxE
Old 05-04-2017, 13:56   #1061
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

@ Mick - It happens 'down south' believe me and not only with migrants, plenty of home bred people behave that way and they have less of an excuse IMHO.

Where it doesn't happen is where the rich pious folks live - the ones who so often talk about 'welcomes' and 'tolerance' but live in gated communities, private estates and salubrious areas which are far too expensive for any but the wealthy. Their idea of 'generosity of spirit' is to let everyone else carry the burden of uncontrolled migration. Large numbers of people, including 'problem families', are being 'exported' away from the more expensive areas of London/SE to cheaper regions across the UK where they create additional problems in what are often already depressed towns.
Old 05-04-2017, 14:13   #1062
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:

Total garbage. Germany is also short of doctors and nurses. Not only are they in the EU, they are going to remain. So how come they have a problem? Plus part of the German plan is to import 200,000 nurses from the Philippines, which is just a little bit outside the EU. Medical staff shortages is a WORLDWIDE thing.
Old 05-04-2017, 14:22   #1063
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post

When will some remainers understand the difference between 'No immigration' and 'Controlled immigration'?????
Old 05-04-2017, 15:03   #1064
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Total garbage. Germany is also short of doctors and nurses. Not only are they in the EU, they are going to remain. So how come they have a problem? Plus part of the German plan is to import 200,000 nurses from the Philippines, which is just a little bit outside the EU. Medical staff shortages is a WORLDWIDE thing.
Doesn't help when we pillage second and third world countries of their medical staff instead of training up our own. What happens to patients in the Philippines though if Germany is luring away 200,000 of their nurses?
Old 05-04-2017, 15:16   #1065
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Doesn't help when we pillage second and third world countries of their medical staff instead of training up our own. What happens to patients in the Philippines though if Germany is luring away 200,000 of their nurses?
A difference is that the Philippines and other countries have plenty of people willing to train as nurses in the first place.
Closed Thread