Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Closing Albert Dock

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media Closing Albert Dock
Closed Thread

Old 28-11-2011, 13:52   #121
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Virgin Media Closing Albert Dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
And the confusion continued because RichardCoulter perpetuated it.
I gave an opinion in good faith based upon erroneous information supplied by Digital Fanatic. Many people disputed this. I took the decision to clear the matter up once and for all for the benefit of those who may need to claim Jobseekers Allowance, should Albert Dock close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
No it hasn't. You are not the DSS. Your postings on this forum do not constitute official clarification of anything.

All that has happened is that you have stopped arguing to the contrary. The rest of us already knew what you had to hear from your "contacts" ... whoever they in fact are.
The DSS no longer exists and hasn't done for many years. The Department for Work and Pensions now administer Jobseekers Allowance.

If you dispute my clarification of the correct position, you are advised to seek your own independent advice.

@Hugh

I was led to believe by post 66 that some members of staff would be "job matched". Unfortunately, many believe that I was provided with incorrect information.you appear to be confusing "Richard Coulter" with "many"

Look back through the thread. You will see that many people challenged my interpretation of the situation, based upon the supply of erroneous advice.

I have spoken to contacts this morning at both VM and the DWP in order to clarify the situation.on a Sunday morning? ooooooh, impressive (unless your contacts are a JobCentre clerk and a VM CSR, both of whom are your relatives.....)

Who my contacts are is not relevant for the purposes of this discussion.

The last thing staff need at this time is uncertainty or scaremongering due to misinformation.you may wish to stop doing it, then

I wasn't perpetuating any of the above, if anything I have sought to confirm the correct position.

I can now confirm that benefit sanctions will NOT be imposed on any member of the Albert Dock staff who face redundancy and fail to make attempts to secure a job in Swansea.imagine our gratitude for your confirmation of what we had been saying all along

Additionally, there will be no penalties for those taking voluntary or involuntary redundancy.Well, duh!

You appear to be under the impression that benefit sanctions were never imposed for certain types of redundancy.

All of the other usual regulations will need to be satisfied in order for benefit to be paid. and today's prize winner for stating the bleeding obvious is............

I trust that this now clarifies the position.You were the only one who appeared to need the position clarified......

There are some measures that staff can take now to minimise the impact of redundancy.

If anybody facing redundancy wishes to seek advice, please do so by PM and I will help all I can. Unfortunately, I am not prepared to discuss such important matters on the board whilst surrounded by such puerile hostility, much of it fuelled by those charged with ensuring that the forum runs smoothly.

This matter is far too important for that.
Advertisement
Old 28-11-2011, 14:08   #122
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
If you dispute my clarification of the correct position, you are advised to seek your own independent advice.
I posted the correct position several days ago Richard. You disputed it. You went and asked some of your mates. Now you agree with me. This is what happened.

Neither I, nor anybody else, requires you to 'clarify' anything, although what would be refreshing would be for you to stop hiding behind the delusion that you are somehow well-connected and well-informed and simply admit, "you know what folks, I got it wrong, but I understand now."

I won't be holding my breath.
Old 28-11-2011, 14:26   #123
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

As previously explained on numerous occasions, I gave an opinion based on the supply of erroneous information. This has now been corrected.

If I gave you the wrong ingrediants to make a dish, surely you wouldn't expect the correct dish to be produced?

I see nothing to be gained from dragging this out any further and believe that everybodys efforts should now be focussed on helping those who may be made redundant*.

These are real people, with real lives.

*Moving forward, as ever, I remain optimistic and hope that the discussion between HM Government and VM bears fruit.
Old 28-11-2011, 14:28   #124
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 28-11-2011, 15:23   #125
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I believe there is a topic in here somewhere.Anyone finding it please let me know.
Old 28-11-2011, 15:47   #126
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:

If anybody facing redundancy wishes to seek advice, please do so by PM and I will help all I can.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Old 28-11-2011, 21:07   #127
LaineY
Inactive

Services: <V+ - XLTV - XLTelco - 20MB>
LaineY is a jewel in the roughLaineY is a jewel in the roughLaineY is a jewel in the roughLaineY is a jewel in the roughLaineY is a jewel in the rough

I have been reading this thread for quite some time. It's unbelievable the direction it has gone in and i cannot imagin the amount of stress this would have on the guys reading this. Hell i'm not losing my job and im stressed out reading it...

Richard you appear to like to play around with the stuff you post. Thats a personal opinion from reading this full thread.

I thought the thread would have went along the lines of "All the best guys.. and good luck" but to go that indepth with things yes fair enough.. its CURRENT and is a way of life and more than likely most of us will have to go down that route at one point in our life. I find the thread quite sad.

Everyone is entilted to their opinnions but jesus some people take it the extra step.

Once again back to the guys in Liverpool. Guys and Gals it was a pleasure to work beside you all for quite a long time and i wish you all the best. I hope for what its worth something positive will come out of this for all of you.
Old 28-11-2011, 21:32   #128
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

AS LaineY says - sorry to hear what has happened to you (I commiserate, as I have been made redundant four times in the last 22 years), good luck in your job-hunting, and best wishes for your future.
Old 28-11-2011, 21:56   #129
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
I gave an opinion in good faith based upon erroneous information supplied by Digital Fanatic.
So when you do it, it's "in good faith", when DF does it, he's giving 'erroneous information'.

Riiiiiiight.

Chris (as usual) summed it up better than I could. You are offending more people than you're helping so maybe it's time for you to withdraw from this thread and leave it for those directly affected by the Albert Dock closure.

Perhaps go off and have a chat with more of your 'contacts'.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 29-11-2011, 07:07   #130
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
*Moving forward, as ever, I remain optimistic and hope that the discussion between HM Government and VM bears fruit.
What has the government got to do with anything as they are not involved.
Old 29-11-2011, 12:57   #131
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
So when you do it, it's "in good faith", when DF does it, he's giving 'erroneous information'.

Riiiiiiight.

Chris (as usual) summed it up better than I could. You are offending more people than you're helping so maybe it's time for you to withdraw from this thread and leave it for those directly affected by the Albert Dock closure.

Perhaps go off and have a chat with more of your 'contacts'.
I have no reason to believe that DF offered the information in anything but good faith too.

Your attempts at bullying me off the forum, both in public and in PM, are like water off a ducks back. As you will be aware, I am a disabled person and have encountered this many times before.

Once again, in the interests of the people affected by this closure and the forum as a whole, can we now please move on and keep on topic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
What has the government got to do with anything as they are not involved.
I'm not sure. My contact at VM mentioned it in passing last Sunday, but doesn't know too much about it, but I do think I recall reading or seeing something about it.

I assume that they have become involved because they are concerned about the human and financial cost.

Have any Albert Dock staff heard anything about this?
Old 29-11-2011, 12:59   #132
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

You've got to love it when people play the "victim" card......
Old 29-11-2011, 13:08   #133
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
Once again, in the interests of the people affected by this closure and the forum as a whole, can we now please move on and keep on topic?
Wow have you been promoted to mod status now

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Old 29-11-2011, 13:09   #134
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I have no reason to believe that DF offered the information in anything but good faith too.

Your attempts at bullying me off the forum, both in public and in PM, are like water off a ducks back. As you will be aware, I am a disabled person and have encountered this many times before.

I'm not sure. My contact at VM mentioned it in passing last Sunday, but doesn't know too much about it, but I do think I recall reading or seeing something about it.

I assume that they have become involved because they are concerned about the human and financial cost.

Have any Albert Dock staff heard anything about this?
http://www.cwutv.org/?item=1
Old 29-11-2011, 13:46   #135
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

I think the best thing that we can do is to rise above the minority of individuals who wish to disrupt this thread with their off topic negativity and spite, so that we can concentrate on the relevant issues instead.

@ DF, thanks for that, it was interesting to watch. I wonder if/hope that this intervention by those in the political arena will do anything to help.

Breaking news, further to my previous post that I thought that the Govt would be freezing benefits next year, they will now be uprated with the CPI. (They had been urged not to uprate benefits at a time when people in work are facing pay freezes* or pay cuts.)

*In my own company we have again had to freeze pay, apart from some people who will receive an extra 8p an hour.

This means that those unfortunate enough to be made redundant, who haven't found another job by next April, will now receive an increase in benefits by about 5%*, so that they keep pace with their spending power.

*Does not apply to some Tax Credits.
Closed Thread