Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Amazon Freevee on Virginmedia

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Amazon Freevee on Virginmedia

Old 11-11-2023, 20:19   #31
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Amazon Freevee on Virginmedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Does the VM version of the Prime app have the Freevee content?
Yes, under the ‘Free with ads’ section of the Amazon app.
Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
Yes as OLD BOY has confirmed. I don't know if any of VM's devices have the FAST channels though, the V6 doesn't. I also checked Amazon Fire devices and they have Freevee content on both the Prime Video and the Freevee apps, which is interesting.
Thanks.

I'm only vaguely interested in Freevee. Mostly for the Leverage spinoff and possibility of seeing the rest of Bosch, which I saw Season 1 of before Amazon's abysmal treatment of LoveFilm put the final nail in and I've been avoiding them ever since.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-11-2023, 13:17   #32
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
That one is marked "Android TV boxes". Is that it's operating system or the type of TV it requires?

I thought I had found a cheaper HD Google Chromecast but then saw the P&P "£17.10 + £7.21 Delivery".
Yes, Chromecast is technically an Android TV box and works with any TV with an HDMI socket.
Think of it as another device to watch TV on, set your TV to that HDMI input number and use the Chromecast remote to navigate what you want to watch.

Hope that helps
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2023, 18:43   #33
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

I've opted for the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K streaming device, to be a bit future-proof. An extra £10 at £34.99, but the base model demands £5 postage.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2023, 20:56   #34
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I've opted for the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K streaming device, to be a bit future-proof. An extra £10 at £34.99, but the base model demands £5 postage.
Good choice.
Old 25-11-2023, 17:31   #35
Taf
cf.mega poster

Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

I ordered the Firestick last evening. It arrived just after lunch today (free delivery, not PRIME).

It's set up now, and I must say the image is far superior to what comes out of the V6 box.

Time for a play later.
Old 04-12-2023, 20:25   #36
Taf
cf.mega poster

Our daughter linked her Disney+ account to the stick, so I blasted through "The Mandalorian" and now "Secret Invasion".

Lots of stuff on Freevee has kept me very well entertained. The only downside is the complete lack of subtitles so far.

I find navigation a little clunky, but I can always ask Alexa on the remote.
Old 04-12-2023, 23:07   #37
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Our daughter linked her Disney+ account to the stick, so I blasted through "The Mandalorian" and now "Secret Invasion".

Lots of stuff on Freevee has kept me very well entertained. The only downside is the complete lack of subtitles so far.

I find navigation a little clunky, but I can always ask Alexa on the remote.
Everything I've watched on Freevee has subtitles, give me a list that you're not seeing subs on and I'll check as there are 2 ways to watch Freevee via the stick but I think I've been using the Prime Video app button either on the stick or my new TV.
Old 06-12-2023, 10:40   #38
Taf
cf.mega poster

I was really thinking either there were no subtitles or I had made an error in the settings. Then I started a film in Freevee, and up popped text!

So it's not settings, but a general lack of available subtitles.
Old 07-12-2023, 09:31   #39
Taf
cf.mega poster

It's been OK up until now. Disney+ via the Firestick now needs the TV volume at maximum to make it audible.
Old 07-12-2023, 09:37   #40
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
It's been OK up until now. Disney+ via the Firestick now needs the TV volume at maximum to make it audible.

Are you using the sound on your 22in TV or do you have a soundbar?

I'd recommend a cheap soundbar if you don't have one it's a game changer atleast to my dodgy ears.
Old 07-12-2023, 13:14   #41
Taf
cf.mega poster

TV speakers at the moment. I did look at sound bars, but they were all too wide.
Old 07-12-2023, 14:49   #42
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
TV speakers at the moment. I did look at sound bars, but they were all too wide.
Yes it's probably difficult with such a small TV, could you not consider upgrading it to atleast a still small 32in?
Old 07-12-2023, 16:11   #43
Taf
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Yes it's probably difficult with such a small TV, could you not consider upgrading it to at least a still small 32in?
Maximum size is determined by space unfortunately.

I just checked, and realised I made a typo yesterday. The set is 32" not 22" !!
Old 07-12-2023, 16:20   #44
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Currys has some compact sound bars like this one which is only 45cm wide.

https://www.currys.co.uk/products/pa...-10178262.html
djmagnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 18:32   #45
Taf
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmagnifique View Post
Currys has some compact sound bars like this one which is only 45cm wide.

https://www.currys.co.uk/products/pa...-10178262.html
A lot of the reviews are not good at all. And my set only has 2 HDMI ports, both in use for V6 and the firestick. I'll look to see if it has an optical port.