Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Raspberry Pi - a revolution?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Raspberry Pi - a revolution?

Old 05-03-2012, 18:10   #91
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Re: Raspberry Pi - a revolution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbydaler View Post
After registering an interest on launch day I got an e-mail today from Farnell prompting me to pre-order. No delivery date though...
Just got my delivery date, 30/04/12...
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2012, 07:43   #92
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Another email from Farnell this morning moving my delivery to may!

Not heard more from RS yet though.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:02   #93
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Great news story about plans to use Raspberry Pi's as censor breakers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-17231698
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 21:46   #94
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

A case for your Raspberry anyone?
http://www.ubergizmo.com/2012/03/ras...computer-case/
Old 08-03-2012, 20:47   #95
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Oops.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/03...ed_networking/

Quote:
Shipments of the long-awaited and heavily fought over Raspberry Pi boards could be delayed thanks to a manufacturing cock-up.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 21:14   #96
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Been reading that with interest as it looks exactly like the system i want.
Then you may be interested in this...

http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/810
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 23:27   #97
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbydaler View Post
Then you may be interested in this...

http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/810
Thats the sort of thing i want

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:38   #98
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

I registered twice on the website on that fateful day.. Once at about 6am, the other about 7am.. Just got the email for the 2nd registrations about 5 days after the first email..
Old 10-03-2012, 08:40   #99
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Me too. And I see on the forum some rs people are getting congratulations you're in the first batch type emails so I guess im out of luck for the first lot.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:55   #100
Kymmy
Inactive

Wait and see
Old 29-03-2012, 13:39   #101
Kymmy
Inactive

Yet more delays

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-17547764

Quote:
The Raspberry Pi organisation took to its blog to explain the delay, saying the two distributors of the device in the UK were "not willing" to ship the products until they have the CE mark.
I think that Farnell and RS are getting cold feet as to what they see as a finished product and what Raspberry Pi foundation see as a development device
Old 02-04-2012, 11:38   #102
Kymmy
Inactive

This will make the Raspberry Pi even more desirable.. You youngsters don't know what you missed

http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/883

Just don't forget 6031769
Old 07-04-2012, 11:41   #103
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

It has now passed - I may get one eventually
Old 07-04-2012, 14:33   #104
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
It has now passed - I may get one eventually
I have given up and will get one when and IF they come out this year

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 18:54   #105
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

rogerdraig has reached the bronze age
rogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerdraig

they sent me a picture of mine but not yet let me pay
rogerdraig is offline   Reply With Quote