Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 25-04-2015, 13:50   #1636
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

My free 3 month chromecast NowTV offer ends on 16th May so i thought i'd buy a pass from Game as it works out at £5 month.

You have to go through about 3 cancellation screens to finally cancel but on the last one i was offered 4 months @ £3.49 a month, i had to take it

I hadn't heard of a retention offer that low before?
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2015, 08:27   #1637
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Does the Amazon Fire Stick allow you to change the dns settings, like you can with the Fire TV?
Old 07-05-2015, 08:47   #1638
MutleyF
Inactive

Services: 1TB Tivo, "Big Kahuna"
MutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant future

I am not at home today, but I am sure it does not not. However, as it uses wi-fi, I would think that so long as you can "feed" the stick the adjusted signal, then it would work.

Happy to stand corrected
Old 07-05-2015, 10:36   #1639
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Does the Amazon Fire Stick allow you to change the dns settings, like you can with the Fire TV?
I believe it does yes.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:37   #1640
MutleyF
Inactive

Services: 1TB Tivo, "Big Kahuna"
MutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant future

Going to have to look then tonight now when I get home !
Old 07-05-2015, 12:19   #1641
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

When I did a Google search for it, most of the results were for the TV, but some people were saying no and some were saying yes. The yes people were saying that you had to forget your current network and then you get the advanced options to set them.

I wasn't too sure if they were confusing the two; I'm confused, so that's why I thought that I would ask here.

I've got the TV, but I want one for upstairs and I don't want to get the stick and find that it doesn't allow me to change the dns.

Thanks for your help
Old 07-05-2015, 15:23   #1642
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
The yes people were saying that you had to forget your current network and then you get the advanced options to set them.
This could be where they are getting that from

http://www.eyeondemand.com/2014/12/3...for-smart-dns/

Quote:
Step 2
If you have already connected to your home Network in the past, you can’t unfortunately just modify it. You must forget the Network and start from scratch. Do this by clicking the “Forget Network” option via the hamburger (menu) button
This is for the box rather than the stick, but I don't see why it shouldn't work on wifi for the stick if it works for wifi on the box (my box is wired)
Old 07-05-2015, 19:52   #1643
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Sense 8 trailer released from Netflix with all episodes available from 5th June.
Old 07-05-2015, 21:01   #1644
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

I have a three month free pass for Now TV before I redeem it anyone got any thing to say about the service? I don't have a box for it I will either use Chromecast/Nexus Player or Xbox 360.

Do the live channels broadcast in HD and 5.1? The same for boxsets.

What is the buffering like, I have Netflix and Amazon Instant Streaming and receive excellent quality on these. Not so interested in the Movies but would also like to know about the quality and 5.1.

I am looking to see if this is a viable alternative to Tivo, both of which I havn't powered on in months now.
Old 07-05-2015, 21:08   #1645
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
I have a three month free pass for Now TV before I redeem it anyone got any thing to say about the service? I don't have a box for it I will either use Chromecast/Nexus Player or Xbox 360.

Do the live channels broadcast in HD and 5.1? The same for boxsets.

What is the buffering like, I have Netflix and Amazon Instant Streaming and receive excellent quality on these. Not so interested in the Movies but would also like to know about the quality and 5.1.

I am looking to see if this is a viable alternative to Tivo, both of which I havn't powered on in months now.
Live channels are only SD , On Demand content is 720p. Its nowhere near the quality of Netflix and doesn't have 5.1 audio that said its perfectly acceptable quality wise and in my experience doesn't suffer from buffering of late.

I've used Chromecast and never had an issue. Certainly nothing lost in trying it if you have a free 3 month pass.
Old 07-05-2015, 21:41   #1646
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post

What is the buffering like.
No issues here, using Now TV box or wired LG bluray player.
Old 07-05-2015, 22:38   #1647
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Sense 8 trailer released from Netflix with all episodes available from 5th June.

Looks a load of pish to me mate, but, others may like it.....
Old 07-05-2015, 22:59   #1648
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Ok decided to redeem the voucher to have a look, and works quite well with my Chromecast, although i do see that they treat Chromecast as a device so have to be careful with the number of devices I have added to my account.

The SD stream for live TV looks better the SD on my Tivo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Looks a load of pish to me mate, but, others may like it.....
The great J Michael Straczynski is involved in this, it should be quality and the trailer looks pretty good.
Old 11-05-2015, 21:34   #1649
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

Netflix CEO says linear TV 'declining year by year':

http://www.scientificamerican.com/po...+Technology%29
Old 11-05-2015, 21:56   #1650
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

In other news, Pope speaks in favour of Catholicism....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Closed Thread