Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Pay frozen for third year running

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Pay frozen for third year running

Old 02-03-2012, 10:42   #91
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: Pay frozen for third year running

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
Got any better ideas?
Better ideas than global dictatorship?

I /know/ I don't have all the answers but trying to get the whole world to do as I want is neither practical or sensible. Maybe YOU could come up with a sensible suggestion?
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2012, 10:44   #92
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
How do you propose to establish this "global government" with standardised wages and benefits?.Do you wish to remove countries own sovereignty and if so how? without having all out war on a global scale
I will offer them a vote, if most of the worids population agrees then the whole world will become one nation!

People in Developing Nations would agree to this becuase then they can have higher wages and benefits!

Some Nations will be foced to do it, but they can have their own state!
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:52   #93
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
I will offer them a vote, if most of the worids population agrees then the whole world will become one nation!

People in Developing Nations would agree to this becuase then they can have higher wages and benefits!

I'm speechless,how you could think that such an idea is workable let alone the solution is beyond me
Old 02-03-2012, 10:54   #94
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Why should we save money when hundreds of billions worth of tax are being evaded each year from the UK government, the NHS reforms will cost money and we have a failed economic and social systems. It is about time we ended the era of the rich "never having it so good"!!!

We need to create real decent jobs, not work work schemes and welfare reforms!!!

---------- Post added at 08:44 ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 ----------

No, I did not, you (and your friends) should be consigned to the history book becasue you defend a social and economic system that is not working and is outdated!!!

In other words:

THE WORLD IS NOT WORKING!!!
In your opinion that is.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:48   #95
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:

But if they have higher wages, this will make prices of goods and services go up, so people will need higher wages to manage that, and repeat ad infinitum.

You may not have thought this all the way through....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:56   #96
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
But if they have higher wages, this will make prices of goods and services go up, so people will need higher wages to manage that, and repeat ad infinitum.

You may not have thought this all the way through....
Yes, but they will have a better lifestyle, because they will get better healthcare and education!

The price of goods and services will be compensated by higer wage rises!
Old 02-03-2012, 13:58   #97
Pog66
Inactive

Services: SKY HD+, BT BB
Pog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant future

...and presumably the adoption of the leaf as a monetory unit? (with apologies to Douglas Adams).

basic economics = higher wages = increased cost of goods = rising inflation = higher wages = increased cost of goods.....need I go on.

And as for a World Government...!! If culture of Germany & Greece barely 1000 miles a part appears irreconcilable how do you actually believe that there is enough common ground between Sharia Muslim states, communism, military dictatorships, a republican USA & African warlords ?
Pog66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 14:19   #98
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pog66 View Post
...and presumably the adoption of the leaf as a monetory unit? (with apologies to Douglas Adams).

basic economics = higher wages = increased cost of goods = rising inflation = higher wages = increased cost of goods.....need I go on.

And as for a World Government...!! If culture of Germany & Greece barely 1000 miles a part appears irreconcilable how do you actually believe that there is enough common ground between Sharia Muslim states, communism, military dictatorships, a republican USA & African warlords ?
There will be thousands of federal states, so that they can still run their own affairs, all communist states (bar North Korea) have become capitalist, military dictatorships and war lords can be dealt with by force or money (much to the relief of the local people), the same will apply to Sharia Muslin states (a large number of people do not like their governments, hence the Arab spring)!

In other worlds, all nations will become part of a world government, whenever by choice or force!

In this global government, companies will become will either be state owned or become co-operatives and the co-operatives will depend on loans from the state development bank, so the government will reduce profit margins without raising prices
Old 02-03-2012, 14:29   #99
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Excuse me, I appear to have been transported to a different planet....
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 14:30   #100
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Excuse me, I appear to have been transported to a different planet....
A much better one!
Old 02-03-2012, 14:33   #101
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
There will be thousands of federal states, so that they can still run their own affairs, all communist states (bar North Korea) have become capitalist, military dictatorships and war lords can be dealt with by force or money (much to the relief of the local people), the same will apply to Sharia Muslin states (a large number of people do not like their governments, hence the Arab spring)!

In other worlds, all nations will become part of a world government, whenever by choice or force!

In this global government, companies will become will either be state owned or become co-operatives and the co-operatives will depend on loans from the state development bank, so the government will reduce profit margins without raising prices
seriously dude ,get some help .Not only are the basic concepts of economics meaningless to you but you think that forcing other sovereign nations to join your idiotic world government acceptable .I think you need to step back from the brink and look at the history of other people who thought that world domination would be good idea .....and no, i don't mean watching james bond films
Old 02-03-2012, 14:37   #102
mark1234
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV XL, Broadband XL (60), Phone XL, Windows 7 Media Centre
mark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to all

Wow. Just, wow.
mark1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 14:44   #103
martyh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1234 View Post
Wow. Just, wow.
is that aimed at me or Alan ?
Old 02-03-2012, 14:44   #104
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
seriously dude ,get some help .Not only are the basic concepts of economics meaningless to you but you think that forcing other sovereign nations to join your idiotic world government acceptable .I think you need to step back from the brink and look at the history of other people who thought that world domination would be good idea .....and no, i don't mean watching james bond films
My pint is that since business had gone "Globalised", then to regulate them and manage their effects, Governments also need to "Globalise"

My plan does not just involve force, but though democratic means, I can tell you why people who vote "yes" for this plan:

1: The Kurds and other "Unrepresented Peoples" can finally have their own state

2: War between nations will stop (along with a strong focuus on law and order)

3: The wealth of the world can be spread to developing nations

4: People in devloping nations can have higher incomes and free high quality education and heathcare

5: People in devloping nations will no longer be exploited

6: Relgious and LGBT freedom and rights can be spread worldwide

7: Relgion will no longer be closely linked to government, poltics etc

8: A lot of the worlds conflicts will end

9: No Relgion or race will dominate another

10: Tax Evasion and Advodance will end

11: People in Developed Nations will no longer have governments that care about the rich, so they can have higher wages and benifts

And that is just is the start!

In other words, a fresh new start for humans and the earth!
Old 02-03-2012, 14:48   #105
martyh

Quote:
My pint is ........snipped rubbish
Well there's your problem