Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What is missing in HD for you?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

What is missing in HD for you?

Old 21-09-2011, 16:04   #1
New to cable
Permanently Banned

New to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutter
What is missing in HD for you?

Ok,

I know on some platforms customers are constantly begging for any new HD channels but on Sky we really do have a massive choice but, is there anything missing in HD that you would like to see?

We have..

News-
SkynewsHD,
NHK WorldHD

Kids
Disney channels hd
Disney XD HD
Disney cinemagic HD
Nickleodean HD
Cartoon network HD

Sports
EurosportHD
ESPNA HD
ESPN HD
Sky sports 1-5

MEHHH I cant be bothered listing anymore lol.

Lots of general entertainment HD.
We have plenty of factual/Wildlife channels in HD

I would like a few Music channels in HD other than MTVHD.
New to cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-09-2011, 16:25   #2
Jameseh

Re: What is missing in HD for you?

Film4 HD its so much better than all the other HD channels put together with a cherry on top.
Old 21-09-2011, 16:51   #3
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
Film4 HD its so much better than all the other HD channels put together with a cherry on top.
Should be added to satellite very soon. COMING SOON
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 16:56   #4
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

Muppetman, how do you know it is coming to Sky (I thought it was going to Freesat)? Although I guess once its on freesat, Sky will have no reason not to add it?
LexDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 17:01   #5
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Should be added to satellite very soon. COMING SOON
No l think its a another 2 years away yet for you MM.
Old 21-09-2011, 17:04   #6
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexDiamond View Post
Muppetman, how do you know it is coming to Sky (I thought it was going to Freesat)? Although I guess once its on freesat, Sky will have no reason not to add it?
It will be on both

Seems strange there asking Twitter users questions like these , obviously not concrete but it will happen imho.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1529061
Old 21-09-2011, 17:16   #7
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

Excellent news. Film 4 has a lot of movies on that I have always wanted to watch but never did.
LexDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 18:14   #8
New to cable
Permanently Banned

New to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutter

Hmmm, I'm not sure Film4hd is needed.

If you have sky you can watch film4 on channel 315 but how many times have you watched it? I can honestly say I havent watched it once this year so I doubt having it in HD would change that.

Also if you compare Film4 to any other SD channel then you'll notice film 4 looks VERY VERY good. Its like Sky deliberately upscale film4 or use the HD feed. But even in HD I will never watch "How to marry a millionaire"(1953).

Life is just to short
Old 21-09-2011, 18:15   #9
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by New to cable View Post
Ok,

I know on some platforms customers are constantly begging for any new HD channels but on Sky we really do have a massive choice but, is there anything missing in HD that you would like to see?

....snippety snip snip snip...
Congratulations - you win this week's "Over dramatically phrased post" award.....

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 18:54   #10
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by New to cable View Post
Hmmm, I'm not sure Film4hd is needed.

If you have sky you can watch film4 on channel 315 but how many times have you watched it? I can honestly say I havent watched it once this year so I doubt having it in HD would change that.

Also if you compare Film4 to any other SD channel then you'll notice film 4 looks VERY VERY good. Its like Sky deliberately upscale film4 or use the HD feed. But even in HD I will never watch "How to marry a millionaire"(1953).

Life is just to short
I don't watch that much on it as I am a Sky Movies subscriber however there are many freesat and lower tier Sky customers who would benefit from it so why not , not everybody can afford high sub costs.
Old 21-09-2011, 19:46   #11
New to cable
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Congratulations - you win this week's "Over dramatically phrased post" award.....

An you would think a member of the "team" would be able to keep threads on topic. Grow up, if you disagree with my comment report it, or as a member of the team delete it. But either way get over your childish stalkerish obsession with any I post.

I will now put you on ignore although I suspect I can't ignore members of the "team".