Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !
Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 10:05   #1786
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Again, Theresa May did not lose seats because of 'hard Brexit'! It was the social care policy that upset her campaign.
Repeating an incorrect theory does not make it right. Hard Brexit and austerity were the key factors in helping the Conservatives fail to win a majority. The social care policy may have upset her campaign but the two are not the same.
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2017, 10:14   #1787
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Again, Theresa May did not lose seats because of 'hard Brexit'! It was the social care policy that upset her campaign.

A hard Brexit with agreements not to impose tariffs would surely be the better outcome economically than staying in the common market.
l think far more was at work in this election then that OB as there were 3 to 4 factors at work leading up to the final result of this election.

Last edited by denphone; 11-06-2017 at 10:21. Reason: Chaging word.
Old 11-06-2017, 14:43   #1788
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:

A hard Brexit with agreements not to impose tariffs would surely be the better outcome economically than staying in the common market.
One thing I will say about social care is this working in the NHS I see loads of patients come through that need social care packages that cost a fortune.

The peoples families don't want houses sold to fund it fair enough.

And neither do people want to pay more tax to fund it , caller after caller in the election phone ins to LBC said just that.

They were right to tackle social care as lots of people want it but nobody seemingly wants to pay.

A Exit with an agreement not to impose tariffs would be something no other country has negotiated thus far,even Norway and Switzerland whilst not being EU members have to pay into the pot for the EU access they get.

Last edited by richard1960; 11-06-2017 at 14:55.

Old 11-06-2017, 15:09   #1789
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Yay, well done Scotland! Mrs May has already voiced her appreciation by saying a muff is a muff. I think

I see Remoaning is still alive and well and grasping at straws
Old 11-06-2017, 15:12   #1790
richard1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
Yay, well done Scotland! Mrs May has already voiced her appreciation by saying a muff is a muff. I think

As a remoaner I am reminded of a saying.

"He who laughs last laughs longest."

Old 11-06-2017, 15:15   #1791
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post

Ha ha.

I really don't know what kind of Brexit we'll get. Mick correctly predicted Brexit, Trump and a hung Parliament so I will be keeping an eager eye out for his prediction on this.
Old 11-06-2017, 15:17   #1792
richard1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Ha ha.

I really don't know what kind of Brexit we'll get. Mick correctly predicted Brexit, Trump and a hung Parliament so I will be keeping an eager eye out for his prediction on this.
To be absolutely honest I think its way too early for any prediction.!

But Mick might make a good one based on his past form.

Old 11-06-2017, 15:27   #1793
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

l am no remoaner and never have been as l accepted the will of democracy with Brexit and the referendum so one has to accept the will of the electorate again which you perhaps should try sometimes.

---------- Post added at 15:27 ---------- Previous post was at 15:25 ----------

Quote:
To be absolutely honest I think its way too early for any prediction.!

But Mick might make a good one based on his past form.
He seems to have gone rather quiet these past few days so perhaps he is still counting his winnings from the election.

Last edited by denphone; 11-06-2017 at 15:36.
Old 11-06-2017, 15:34   #1794
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:

"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"

Quote:
Ha ha.
Yep, to be fair it was a side-splitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l a no remoaner and never have been as l accepted the will of democracy with Brexit and the referendum so one has to accept the will of the electorate again which you perhaps should try sometimes.
Grammar please! Thank you.
Old 11-06-2017, 15:51   #1795
richard1960

Quote:
"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"

Yep, to be fair it was a side-splitter

Grammar please! Thank you.
Only if the bird in the hand is not left bereft of food.

What you have to remember , is this Nissan have only agreed to build one more line of cars in their sunderland plant prior to Brexit and only then reportedly after a government bung , Honda likewise.

Many of our infrastructure is paid for by us and the profits go abroad ,

For instance our water company is French owned, google to see how many of our utilities are European owned ,as well as those operating our national railway.

In short we want our country back but we still want you to run our services for us.

So if brexit goes belly up and we get a bad deal how do you think investment will go.?

As I have already pointed out those that get it wrong will go into hiding if all goes t-ts up.

Old 11-06-2017, 15:55   #1796
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
Only if the bird in the hand is not left bereft of food.

What you have to remember , is this Nissan have only agreed to build one more line of cars in their sunderland plant prior to Brexit and only then reportedly after a government bung , Honda likewise.

Many of our infrastructure is paid for by us and the profits go abroad ,

For instance our water company is French owned, google to see how many of our utilities are European owned ,as well as those operating our national railway.

In short we want our country back but we still want you to run our services for us.

So if brexit goes belly up and we get a bad deal how do you think investment will go.?

As I have already pointed out those that get it wrong will go into hiding if all goes t-ts up.
"Behind every Great Remoaner, there is a Great Buggerer"
Old 11-06-2017, 15:56   #1797
richard1960

Quote:
"Behind every Great Remoaner, there is a Great Buggerer"
Yes sounds like a Teresa May Quote to me.

Old 11-06-2017, 16:03   #1798
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
Yes sounds like a Teresa May Quote to me.
To remoan or not to remoan 'tis endless.
Old 11-06-2017, 16:11   #1799
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Will be interesting to see how the Conservative Party responds to this demand.
Quote:
DUP insists on ‘soft’ Brexit in return for supporting Tories
The Democratic Unionist party is insisting on a “soft” Brexit and greater investment in Northern Ireland in return for its support of a minority Conservative government.
Ahead of a fresh round of talks between the DUP and the Tories in London on Tuesday, senior DUP figures have told their Conservative counterparts that while they continue to support the UK’s exit from the EU, they want to minimise the impact on Northern Ireland and the province’s relationship with the Republic of Ireland, according to people familiar with the DUP’s approach to the talks.
https://www.ft.com/content/49201a76-...8-997009366969 (Google headline in bold to read article)
Old 11-06-2017, 16:17   #1800
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
Will be interesting to see how the Conservative Party responds to this demand.

https://www.ft.com/content/49201a76-...8-997009366969 (Google headline in bold to read article)
Aww, it's much more fun when Mick is here running rings around you
Closed Thread