Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 2 Police men jailed

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

2 Police men jailed

Advertisement
Old 27-03-2014, 16:17   #2
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Re: 2 Police men jailed

Fuds.

Quote:
Unknown to them a secret recording device had been set up at the property to test their integrity.
They must have been doing this for a while to have professional standards set up a bunch of covert cameras. They're lucky it was only 20 weeks inside.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2014, 16:21   #3
tizmeinnit

wonder how many more are up to this ....
Old 27-03-2014, 16:26   #4
Derek
Inactive

Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
Very, very few.

Knowing professional standards / counter corruption are willing to set up covert ops plus knowing being is a guaranteed prison sentence no questions asked will deter all but the most determined / stupid from trying it. Plus there are far easier ways to pilfer if you're that way inclined.
Old 27-03-2014, 16:26   #5
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

They were probably on the 'bent' list.

it is quite interesting how due to camera's being everywhere and anywhere. and us not knowing when or where we're being caught on camera. how or when we're going to be caught doing something we 'shouldn't' be.

are you on your best behaviour Derek. when a chav pulls out his camera?

---------- Post added at 16:26 ---------- Previous post was at 16:26 ----------

Quote:
Loads.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2014, 16:28   #6
Derek
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
are you on your best behaviour Derek. when a chav pulls out his camera?
I don't change how I act when a camera is in front of me. I assume that pretty much everything I do is recorded all the time anyway.
Old 27-03-2014, 16:57   #7
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
I don't change how I act when a camera is in front of me. I assume that pretty much everything I do is recorded all the time anyway.
You might be on Youtube and you don't even know it.

You might be on Youtube under "Copper got owned" and I don't even know it was you
Old 27-03-2014, 17:05   #8
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Very, very few.

Knowing professional standards / counter corruption are willing to set up covert ops plus knowing being is a guaranteed prison sentence no questions asked will deter all but the most determined / stupid from trying it. Plus there are far easier ways to pilfer if you're that way inclined.
I think police corruption is more common than you either let on or believe
Old 27-03-2014, 17:07   #9
Derek
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
You might be on Youtube and you don't even know it.
I am. At least twice that I'm aware of. I'm also in one of the BBC news stock Police photos.
Old 27-03-2014, 17:10   #10
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I am. At least twice that I'm aware of.
Prove it!
Old 27-03-2014, 17:11   #11
Derek
Inactive

Quote:
I think police corruption is more common than you either let on or believe
You can think whatever your prejudices and paranoia make you think. There will always be bad apples in the Police just like in every other profession in the world. The facts are that the Police are under far greater internal scrutiny than most members of the public realise and corrupt cops are a very small percentage of the whole number indeed.
Old 27-03-2014, 17:13   #12
tizmeinnit

Quote:
You can think whatever your prejudices and paranoia make you think. There will always be bad apples in the Police just like in every other profession in the world. The facts are that the Police are under far greater internal scrutiny than most members of the public realise and corrupt cops are a very small percentage of the whole number indeed.
lol bit heavy on the defensive there Derek I think you are prejudiced towards those who have an opinion that you do not like about the police force you have proven that often
Old 27-03-2014, 17:17   #13
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
lol bit heavy on the defensive there Derek I think you are prejudiced towards those who have an opinion that you do not like about the police force you have proven that often
You seem prejudiced against the police.....
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2014, 17:22   #14
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
You seem prejudiced against the police.....
well sorry you shoot you down in flames but my daughter is currently doing public services with the intent of becoming a police officer.I fully support her as I know she is a trust worthy person.

I have however in my time had dealing with the local fuzz and I know for a fact there are a lot of dodgy coppers in the force

For example . I used to share a house with my cannabis dealer his brother was friendly with a local traffic cop his was was DS and we were informed of busts. I know the local major crime gang get tip offs and they never get caught yet they are massive

I am afraid my experiences make me a realist rather than prejudiced although of course they will nto be good enough for anyone here

Just for point of reference I am totally straight as far as crime and drugs are concerned
Old 27-03-2014, 17:23   #15
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

The trouble here is the majority of our police force do a fantastic job and sadly it only takes a few rotten apples in the force to make us doubt the good work they do.