Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 17:10   #781
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I won't buy anymore games for my current X360, not long to wait now, i am looking forward to playing Forza, Assassins Creed and Battlefield 4.
I'll play Forza out of that list but I don't expect much, it'll look and play like Forza 4 with some interesting features such as Drivatar.
Old 14-09-2013, 18:00   #782
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere but does anyone know if the X1 will be able to play MKV containers even though i think it is unlikely?
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2013, 18:06   #783
tizmeinnit

Quote:
I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere but does anyone know if the X1 will be able to play MKV containers even though i think it is unlikely?
easy enough to remove the container. Will be a bit crap if it does not though
Old 14-09-2013, 18:08   #784
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

The 360 doesn't from the dash unfortunately, but it does let me play DivxHD atleast.
Old 15-09-2013, 14:41   #785
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

How big is Xbox One

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/09/09/...ource=facebook
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2013, 15:06   #786
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Big, shame it couldn't be closer to the latest 360 size.

Anyone have any dimensions for the Kinect sensor as i want to place it onto of my V+, and it looks like the may not be enough room?
Old 15-09-2013, 15:07   #787
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

You never know, they may give it MKV support.

People used to say that the PS3 and Xbox 360 would never get divx/xvid support, because of what those containers are usually used for, but they both got it after a while...

---------- Post added at 15:07 ---------- Previous post was at 15:07 ----------

Oh, I have cancelled my GAME pre-order for Day One + FIFA as I've got a Day One + Forza pre-order with Amazon
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2013, 15:10   #788
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

For anyone that needs the Xbox One to be a Windows Media Center Extender then it looks like you maybe out of luck.

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft...enter-extender

---------- Post added at 15:10 ---------- Previous post was at 15:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
You never know, they may give it MKV support.

People used to say that the PS3 and Xbox 360 would never get divx/xvid support, because of what those containers are usually used for, but they both got it after a while...

---------- Post added at 15:07 ---------- Previous post was at 15:07 ----------

Oh, I have cancelled my GAME pre-order for Day One + FIFA as I've got a Day One + Forza pre-order with Amazon
Yes got mine from Tesco as they have had stock for days.
Old 15-09-2013, 15:27   #789
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Big, shame it couldn't be closer to the latest 360 size.

Anyone have any dimensions for the Kinect sensor as i want to place it onto of my V+, and it looks like the may not be enough room?
From the video in the link it seems its the same size as Kinect 1 and console is same size as PS3 Phat
Old 15-09-2013, 15:55   #790
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
From the video in the link it seems its the same size as Kinect 1 and console is same size as PS3 Phat
Thanks, it looks like i will have to sit it in front of the TV then, not too happy about that given its size.
Old 15-09-2013, 15:57   #791
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Thanks, it looks like i will have to sit it in front of the TV then, not too happy about that given its size.
Mine will be on the top shelf of the TV stand. Its one of these stands where it looks wall mounted and the stand and 3 shelves so i can put it there under it
Old 15-09-2013, 16:04   #792
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I could put it on the top shelf if i moved the V+ to 1 side but i am not sure if it will be central enough.
Old 15-09-2013, 16:07   #793
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
I could put it on the top shelf if i moved the V+ to 1 side but i am not sure if it will be central enough.
Mine wont be central as my centre speaker is in middle. Ill have to put Kinect to side of it, not sure which side yet as i wont now that till i have moved to new house
Old 15-09-2013, 18:56   #794
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I'm hoping I can just stick my Kinect on top of the TV...
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2013, 19:20   #795
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I'm hoping I can just stick my Kinect on top of the TV...
I am not sure that will be possible in its current form as it looks like it is designed to sit on a shelf, assuming these photos are final builds.

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/...ely-set/747796