Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 21-06-2013, 22:28   #3856
Jumping
Inactive

Jumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeeguy View Post
What's this green hump I'm looking at tonight, seems to be affecting all VM connections nationwide
It's usually a problem with the TBB site or routing to it, have you seen if it affected any non VM connections too?
Jumping is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-06-2013, 22:51   #3857
Coffeeguy
cf.member

Services: Hub 5 VM 200MB Broadband
Coffeeguy is on a distinguished roadCoffeeguy is on a distinguished road

My BT connection conveniently dropped at 4pm so I've just setup a new TBB graph with its new IP

edit - BT seems unaffected
Coffeeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2013, 07:44   #3858
Dash: CF noob
cf.geek

Services: VM MAXIT TV360 Volt 1gb. SH5 WIN 10 7" Tab, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Dash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of society

No upstream bonding here yet.
Dash: CF noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2013, 10:45   #3859
nn012
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media TV, Broadband and Phone.
nn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quads

I now have 2 US and 6 DS channels.

I have no issues with YouTube or congestion and I get a SH2 on Monday.
nn012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2013, 11:16   #3860
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

A weird one last night, first a bump and now the odd regular spikes.. (ignore the 10:50am spike as that was just my usual morning foray onto usenet)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg tbb.JPG (42.2 KB, 98 views)
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2013, 12:00   #3861
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Same blip but no subsequent spikes (SH2 in router mode)

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2013, 12:28   #3862
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash: CF noob View Post
No upstream bonding here yet.
None here yet either.

Cheers

Grim
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2013, 12:34   #3863
Dash: CF noob
cf.geek

Services: VM MAXIT TV360 Volt 1gb. SH5 WIN 10 7" Tab, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Dash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of society

Bleek up ere in't north
Dash: CF noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2013, 12:36   #3864
Simm
Inactive

Simm is an unknown quantity at this point

same 10.50 spike....................along with all the others
Simm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2013, 19:01   #3865
jamonymo
Inactive

Services: 100mb virgin media tivo
jamonymo is an unknown quantity at this point

can some one please help me fast i had a perfect graph low as **** and the i got the super hub 2 installed and i got this they wont even send an engineer out

jamonymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2013, 20:26   #3866
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamonymo View Post
can some one please help me fast i had a perfect graph low as **** and the i got the super hub 2 installed and i got this they wont even send an engineer out
[/url]
It's not a huge issue but VM are looking into it as it happens to all* SH2's that are in router mode. The theory is its either too taxed by the routing functions to respond in a timely manner to pings, or it's just designed to treat ping packets as a low priority.

Either way it doesn't really affect your connections quality, just makes the TBB graphs look a little colourful.

Just as an example: Router Mode SH2

Modem Mode SH2
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2013, 20:37   #3867
jamonymo
Inactive

yes but there is packet loss small amounts must be effecting it slightly can you tell me who told you virgin media are looking in to it thanks

as i can run it in modern mode due to others on wireless

can you use a sh1 and a super hub 2 together one in modern mode and one wireless
Old 22-06-2013, 20:42   #3868
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

The 10pm bump must have been TBB as I can see it on my Sky connection, although its not so obvious as its only a 1ms increase

Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2013, 20:52   #3869
jamonymo
Inactive

also does your ip change in modern mode as the super hub 1 changed your ip i think
Old 22-06-2013, 21:12   #3870
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Yes it will change.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote