Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Closing Albert Dock

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media Closing Albert Dock
Closed Thread

Old 16-10-2012, 14:43   #451
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Virgin Media Closing Albert Dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
If you haven't got a relevant update, which you haven't. Why post anything at all, especially the garbage that you have?
It's you that posts garbage.

I am entitled to both hold and express my opinion. You must respect that, even if you disagree with it. Remember, that's why millions of people were killed and maimed in WWII.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
What, your "high level contacts" in VM not able to give you any insider info? What a let-down.
If you can't think of anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
There has been no further info and the chance of any members of staff posting that info is pretty dam zero

Funny i was under the impression this thread was locked until such time as there was new info
This thread was not locked. It was kept open for any further news to be posted. You have no mandate to speak on behalf of the members of staff involved in this issue.
Advertisement
Old 16-10-2012, 14:52   #452
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I am entitled to both hold and express my opinion. You must respect that, even if you disagree with it.
And you in turn must respect the opinion of those who think truth, fact and reality play minor parts in your posts. Even if you disagree with it.

Quote:

If you can't think of anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

The irony has left me almost speechless. In the past you have lauded your supposed 'insider knowledge' from these 'contacts' yet it seems if we call you out on it, these 'managers' appear to be silent to you.

Should the issue of Albert Dock reach the courts then I'm sure it will be made public for all to see.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 16-10-2012, 15:17   #453
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
And you in turn must respect the opinion of those who think truth, fact and reality play minor parts in your posts. Even if you disagree with it.

The irony has left me almost speechless. In the past you have lauded your supposed 'insider knowledge' from these 'contacts' yet it seems if we call you out on it, these 'managers' appear to be silent to you.

Should the issue of Albert Dock reach the courts then I'm sure it will be made public for all to see.
I am surprised and disappointed that you have chosen to use the emicon "nutter".

Even if you personally don't find such a term offensive, other people who suffer from mental health illnesses and disabilities do, as do many carers.

I have not "lauded" about any VM contacts at all, I simply speak as things are and that is that. If this causes issues within you, it is for you alone to deal with.

But, let's not beat about the bush. This isn't what your mounting gratuitously caustic posts are about is it? Care to share?
Old 16-10-2012, 15:25   #454
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
I am surprised and disappointed that you have chosen to use the emicon "nutter".

Even if you personally don't find such a term offensive, other people who suffer from mental health illnesses and disabilities do, as do many carers.
I have a mental health condition and I have no issues with the 'nutter'. That emoticon has been part of the forum for almost 10 years. You are the first person to mention this.

Quote:
I have not "lauded" about any VM contacts at all, I simply speak as things are and that is that. If this causes issues within you, it is for you alone to deal with.
I don't really think I'm alone. I just get a niggling feeling about that.

Quote:
But, let's not beat about the bush. This isn't what your mounting gratuitously caustic posts are about is it? Care to share?
Oh ok then. My issue has been with the passive-aggressive posts and poorly-disguised threats made in this and other similar threads about the treatment of VM staff.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 16-10-2012, 15:29   #455
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Oh ok then. My issue has been with the passive-aggressive posts and poorly-disguised threats made in this and other similar threads about the treatment of VM staff.
Glad i am not the only one to see this. Its the reason i no longer raise to the bait and threats

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Old 16-10-2012, 16:03   #456
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
If you haven't got a relevant update, which you haven't. Why post anything at all, especially the garbage that you have?
Please avoid the petty insults

Quote:
There has been no further info and the chance of any members of staff posting that info is pretty dam zero

Funny i was under the impression this thread was locked until such time as there was new info
Nope. thread was left open as we didn't want to close it so that one day, if someone did know something they would be able to share it

Quote:
It's you that posts garbage.
And you to need to avoid the insults and baiting of others.

Quote:
This thread was not locked. It was kept open for any further news to be posted. You have no mandate to speak on behalf of the members of staff involved in this issue.
Wrong. The Cable Forum Team determines what people can and cannot have a mandate to speak about on the forum. Do not attempt to moderate the matter yourself.

The thread was not locked, and was kept open to allow further news to be posted. Your post was not news. As someone who seems to get involved in so many issues, I'm surprised that you don't realise legal matters can take months if not years for anything to happen and often fade away quietly with no publicity settlements.

Quote:

I'm surprised and disappointed that yet again another thread brings in references to disabilities, where that was not relevant to the thread topic.
Old 16-10-2012, 16:29   #457
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I'm surprised and disappointed that yet again another thread brings in references to disabilities, where that was not relevant to the thread topic.
Its strange that he accuses others of attacking his disabilities and yet HE is the only one who mentions them and no one would have known was it not for his bringing them up.

Old 16-10-2012, 16:50   #458
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

He wants us not to win this case but as the non existent contacts can offer any information real or more likely imagined he futility posts here.

When we win it will posted here and until such time you can speak to your so called friends.
Old 16-10-2012, 17:20   #459
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I have a mental health condition and I have no issues with the 'nutter'. That emoticon has been part of the forum for almost 10 years. You are the first person to mention this.

I don't really think I'm alone. I just get a niggling feeling about that.

Like I said, you may not have a problem with derogatory terminology directed at those with mental health problems, but I imagine that most sufferers and their carers do- please think about the feelings of other people and not just your own.

A "niggling feeling" in itself does not give you the right to harass other members with acerbic post after acerbic post.

And then we end up back with this old chestnut. As previously explained, I have not been aggressive in any manner or made any threats towards VM staff.

Quite the opposite, in fact. For example, I have clarified matters of confusion, looked into benefit regulations and offered direct help to anyone affected by the closure.

Quote:
Glad i am not the only one to see this. Its the reason i no longer raise to the bait and threats
You have never been threatened. You never fail to post anything that you think will stir up bad feeling or upset.

---------- Post added at 17:10 ---------- Previous post was at 16:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Nope. thread was left open as we didn't want to close it so that one day, if someone did know something they would be able to share it

Wrong. The Cable Forum Team determines what people can and cannot have a mandate to speak about on the forum. Do not attempt to moderate the matter yourself.

The thread was not locked, and was kept open to allow further news to be posted. Your post was not news. As someone who seems to get involved in so many issues, I'm surprised that you don't realise legal matters can take months if not years for anything to happen and often fade away quietly with no publicity settlements.

I meant that Sirius cannot claim to speak on behalf of the former members of staff from Albert Dock as he was not amongst them.

I asked if anyone had heard anything about the case, if not, fair enough, but why such snide hostility?

Discrimination of the disabled is intertwined into society in general and must be exposed wherever it exists.

I don't think that Russ went out to offend, but it is often such thoughtlessness that can be the most offensive.

The harassment that I am currently experiencing by a certain few is based soley on the fact that I am severely disabled- that's why the subject keeps rearing it's ugly head .

---------- Post added at 17:20 ---------- Previous post was at 17:10 ----------

Quote:
Its strange that he accuses others of attacking his disabilities and yet HE is the only one who mentions them and no one would have known was it not for his bringing them up.
Records show that your harassment of me began around the same time that I mentioned that I was severely disabled.

Once again, I must point out that "he" has a name, or are you being deliberately rude again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_ View Post
He wants us not to win this case but as the non existent contacts can offer any information real or more likely imagined he futility posts here.

When we win it will posted here and until such time you can speak to your so called friends.
Your post is difficult to decipher, however, it appears that you are saying that you believe that I do not want the CWU to win the case.

To clarify, I have no vested interest in whether the CWU win this case or not. However, if the case is won, it may prove to be a hollow victory as explained earlier.

As also previously explained, I have no interest in your views about the legitimacy of any contacts that I may have with VM.

You cannot assume that you will win, remember the old saying about counting chickens before they are hatched...
Old 16-10-2012, 18:51   #460
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

This, like a number of other threads, appears to have been taken off-topic by Richard Coulter raising disability as a straw-man argument against anything others post.

This sort of behaviour is coming very close to harassment, and if it continues, the Infraction System will be invoked.

Could I also request that other posters do not rise to the bait and get drawn into arguments that could lead to the Infraction System being invoked against them.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 16-10-2012, 21:58   #461
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:

To clarify, I have no vested interest in whether the CWU win this case or not. However, if the case is won, it may prove to be a hollow victory as explained earlier.
It will not be hollow especially with any surrounding publicity it will show how much of a error they made in the first place.

Quote:
As also previously explained, I have no interest in your views about the legitimacy of any contacts that I may have with VM.
I probably still have more contacts at various levels within Virgin Media than you could ever have in your fertile imagination.

A contact is not a person who answers your complaint via letter or email with their name at the bottom by the way.

Quote:
You cannot assume that you will win, remember the old saying about counting chickens before they are hatched...
I think Virgin Media will literally be dropping bricks with the evidence at hand but that is something you will hear about after the case goes to court probably by reading it in the news.

The above is a broad statement of fact that no evidence will be shown daylight until after the court case but I do find it amusing the way the ex employees from the Albert Dock are baited in various ways in the slender hope that a single shred of evidence will be posted online in the hope it will thwart the case the CWU has against Virgin Media as it gets conveyed elsewhere by someone.
Old 17-10-2012, 00:29   #462
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
While not surprised, I am getting quite irritated by the continual derailment of this [and other topics], so let me add to the comments of Hugh and Rob, and make this clear. If you (RC) start to derail another topic, I will solve your percieved problem for you very quickly (with a few clicks of my mouse). I'm sure you can figure out how - you have been warned. Stick to the topic, not your agenda.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 17-10-2012, 16:24   #463
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
It will not be hollow especially with any surrounding publicity it will show how much of a error they made in the first place.

I probably still have more contacts at various levels within Virgin Media than you could ever have in your fertile imagination.

A contact is not a person who answers your complaint via letter or email with their name at the bottom by the way.

I think Virgin Media will literally be dropping bricks with the evidence at hand but that is something you will hear about after the case goes to court probably by reading it in the news.

The above is a broad statement of fact that no evidence will be shown daylight until after the court case but I do find it amusing the way the ex employees from the Albert Dock are baited in various ways in the slender hope that a single shred of evidence will be posted online in the hope it will thwart the case the CWU has against Virgin Media as it gets conveyed elsewhere by someone.
It might not be a hollow victory for your personal pocket if ex employees get a lump sum for doing nothing. It will be for existing employees and CWU members depending upon how this is paid for with a loss of jobs, more outsourcing abroad or reductions in budgets for pay, conditions and training. Customers may also be asked to foot the cost with higher bills, in turn reducing the competitiveness of VM and the consequent downward spiral.

Most of the above are trade union issues, or is it just about short term financial gain for trade union leaders these days?

As previously explained, I have no interest in your views on the legitimacy of any contacts that I may have within VM. Similarly, I have no interest in any contacts that you claim to have. It's simply not relevant.

Your allegation that ex employees from Albert Dock have been "baited in various ways in the slender hope that a single shred of evidence will be posted online in the hope it will thwart the case the CWU has against Virgin Media as it gets conveyed elsewhere by someone" has no substance whatsoever, only in your over active imagination.

The simple fact is that, during the worst economic climate in living memory, the CWU is trying to extract money from a loss making company that has had to shed thousands of jobs in order to survive.

It is for reasons like this that, unfortunately, most employers and employees now regard trade unions as irrelevant to their needs and have done from the 1980's onwards. I say "unfortunately" because I am all in favour of RESPONSIBLE trade unionism.

Like I said earlier, I have no vested interest in the outcome of the case, but existing members and employees do need to be aware that this latest trick by the CWU has soured relations and all but killed my argument that jobs should be kept in-house within the UK.

Regardless of the outcome of the case, much of the damage has already been done to both current and future job prospects.

But, what does this matter if you get a payout for yourself Peter?
Old 17-10-2012, 16:40   #464
Peter_
Permanently Banned

As long as we win our case I honestly do not care nor do the hundreds who lost their jobs due to outsourcing to people with little or no knowledge of our jobs and without the skills required.

Nor does have anything to do with us getting new jobs as that just proves that we have the right skills for the marketplace which being made redundant cannot remove.

This case will highlight lies and mistruths perpetuated by Virgin Media during the closure of the call centre.
Old 17-10-2012, 17:18   #465
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
As long as we win our case I honestly do not care nor do the hundreds who lost their jobs due to outsourcing to people with little or no knowledge of our jobs and without the skills required.

Nor does have anything to do with us getting new jobs as that just proves that we have the right skills for the marketplace which being made redundant cannot remove.

This case will highlight lies and mistruths perpetuated by Virgin Media during the closure of the call centre.
As a CWU member myself i have been watching the developments with interest and it will be interesting how each party responds to the outcome.

Closed Thread