Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | CF: Clickers Corner

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

CF: Clickers Corner

Old 02-11-2010, 18:17   #616
haydnwalker
Inactive

Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
haydnwalker has reached the bronze age
haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age
Re: CF: Clickers Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Whiskey View Post
Nice work. The dog looks like s/he's having fun.
She does...however its not our dog...just a random one that was playing in the park (our dog ran away from it...!)
haydnwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2010, 09:07   #617
roger skillin
Inactive

Services: V+ XL,Broadband XXL, Phone with talk unlimited and extra TIVO box
roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydnwalker View Post
Here's a shot a took last night, my first attempt at light trails... I thought it turned out rather well but I do still need practice.
Not bad, i've done a few in my time, try to take one really late and wait for just one car or a lorry with lots of lights on the front, looks really good
roger skillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:14   #618
haydnwalker
Inactive

haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger skillin View Post
Not bad, i've done a few in my time, try to take one really late and wait for just one car or a lorry with lots of lights on the front, looks really good
Cool, thanks for the tip - however, its really hard near us because its the A1, and the only real place I can setup over a main route, there doesn't tend to be any bridges over the smaller routes here (its just run across and hope you don't die )

I will definitely have some more attempts (especially on the outskirts of Aberdeen where traffic is generally lighter)
Old 03-11-2010, 21:03   #619
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydnwalker View Post
Here's a shot a took last night, my first attempt at light trails... I thought it turned out rather well but I do still need practice.
Pretty good I like very much.

You dont always need to take long exposure shots in the dark. Here's one I took with a cheap bridge & a 4 sec exposure.

alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 21:13   #620
haydnwalker
Inactive

I'll remember that for future Al. Nice shot by the way
Old 05-11-2010, 11:27   #621
roger skillin
Inactive

Services: V+ XL,Broadband XXL, Phone with talk unlimited and extra TIVO box
roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads

NEW COMPETITION THREAD FOR PHOTO SHOPPED PHOTO'S

Just a bit of fun to see the types of processes that can be created in photo shop

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/26...mpetition.html
roger skillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 19:50   #622
alferret
cf.mega poster

alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

I got some Sony\Minolta A-fit lenses for sale & a lowepro fastpack 200 camera bag over on AV Fourms
http://www.avforums.com/forums/digit...ther-bits.html

Anyone interested?
Old 11-11-2010, 13:59   #623
Delta Whiskey
Inactive

Services: 10Mb BB, DTV & Phone
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny star
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny star

Photography Kick-start Guide: How Your Camera Works:
http://photo.tutsplus.com/tutorials/...-camera-works/
Delta Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 17:08   #624
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Hi,
Does anyone use any good photography apps on the iphone?

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 17:12   #625
haydnwalker
Inactive

The Photoshop Mobile app (free) I thought was pretty good when I had my iphone
Old 11-11-2010, 20:30   #626
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Just got the Photoshop one and also Colour Splash which are good.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 23:46   #627
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

hipstamatic is good. as is the photoshop app for basic alterations.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:27   #628
Delta Whiskey
Inactive

Services: 10Mb BB, DTV & Phone
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny star
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny star

Amateur Photographer Captures a Grizzly Bear Chasing a Bison Down a Highway in Yellowstone http://www.fieldandstream.com/photos...n-down-highway

Something that makes these photos even more remarkable is that Wypyszinski didn’t use a high-end camera and lens to shoot the series.

“It was just a (digital) point-and-shoot, but it had a 15x zoom lens on it. The professionals are always out there with their 800mm lenses and run around in a group when they hear about something like this…”
Delta Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 15:31   #629
alferret
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Whiskey View Post
Amateur Photographer Captures a Grizzly Bear Chasing a Bison Down a Highway in Yellowstone http://www.fieldandstream.com/photos...n-down-highway
Awsome shots, right place, right time.
Old 14-11-2010, 12:38   #630
alferret
cf.mega poster

Just brought a Fuji HS10.
Its a decision I have taken due to the logistics of taking my DSLR abroad, its quite a high spec bridge and I managed to get it for 249. Sold my A200 + kit for a slight loss on what I paid for it which aint so bad.

Looking forward to this super zoom bridge turning up on me door